WiFi Devices on adventure of the seas

sconzof

Hello All,

I’m doing the Canada and New England cruise - second cruise ever and first on RC.

If I purchase Wifi for one device, and I decide to use it for my mobile phone, can I then disconnect my phone from Wifi and use the Wifi on my laptop instead? Essentially I would only use WiFi on one device at a time. Does RC permit that, or do they track the mac address of the device you”register” and only permit that specific device to connect for the duration of the trip?

Thank you so much.

Happy cruising!

-Frank

Make sure you logoff from the device you're using. One of the cruise lines recommended http://www.logoff.com. That works for us.
Doesn't hurt, but rarely necessary. Logging into a new device will kick the current device. I can recall only a couple of times that it rejected a login because another device was already logged in. Even then, a second attempt worked.

Doesn't hurt, but rarely necessary. Logging into a new device will kick the current device. I can recall only a couple of times that it rejected a login because another device was already logged in. Even then, a second attempt worked.
It's really ship dependant. We've seen it both ways. For us on Oasis class ships the person has usually had to log off before another device can log on.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

I was on the Adventure. Forgot to sign off my laptop, couldn't sign back in from my phone (laptop was shut down). Had to reboot the laptop to logoff the wifi.

That's odd. I was on Adventures in March and never had to log off. We connected 4 different devices at different times during the cruise and never had to log one off before another could connect.

Can use multiple devices. Would not recommend voom on the Adventure. Just got off yesterday- paid a butt load for 3 devices... could not stream all week... it was a joke.

Well that stinks. I've always had great experiences with VOOM on other ships and will have it on AD this fall. Hopefully I'll have better luck.

Can use multiple devices. Would not recommend voom on the Adventure. Just got off yesterday- paid a butt load for 3 devices... could not stream all week... it was a joke.

Limited bandwidth. When everyone tries to stream, no one streams.

Well that stinks. I've always had great experiences with VOOM on other ships and will have it on AD this fall. Hopefully I'll have better luck.
We were aboard Adventure for 2 weeks in July, and on the whole, it worked fine. It was out completely one afternoon for a couple of hours. Other than that, we only had occasional issues.