Paradise Advice

Vellamint

Happy New Year!

I currently have a Jr suite booked on the Paradise...But in doing research it seems that they really aren’t bigger than a regular cabin plus the balcony looks tiny. I’m considering rebooking with a balcony guarantee but it seems the only booking option is the one that has a non-refundable deposit. This concerns me.... not that I PLAN on cancelling but I’ve never booked this way before and there is a “slight” chance my daughter may not get the time off from work.

Anyway.... do you think Carnival will change the booking option to one that allows free cancellation?

How do you feel about the jr suites in this class of ships?

Sorry for the long post. Thank you

I'm sorry- I don't have experience with Jr suites, but if it were me, I'd never change to a cruise that only gives me a guarantee- I've heard too many stories about getting stuck in a room under the galley, or the nightclub and being kept awake all night!

Plus, if there's a chance you might have to cancel, no matter how slight, I wouldn't risk it.

Just my thoughts- only you know how willing you are to risk either of these scenarios.

I usually never consider guarantee rooms.... This particular ship they are adding balconies in dry dock where there were never balconies. The only balconies to this point are the suites. I figure everyone who wants a balcony HAS to buy guaranteed.

Are you sailing before or after her drydock? If you are sailing after the drydock - and it sounds like you are, since you have the option of balcony gty - there might be another option. If they do to Paradise what they did to Elation, they will add another deck of junior suites, Grand Deck 14. Those suites have much larger balconies than the junior suites on Verandah deck.

Verandah deck, looking up at new deck 14 cabins

enhance

Verandah deck balconies

enhance

enhance

New cabin balcony is deeper

enhance

enhanceEM

Edited by Essiesmom

I just debarked the Paradise December 23rd. In its current state pre dry dock, I do not think there are any bad balconies on the Paradise.

I only book non cancellation fares, you just do not know what could happen in a year. I think Carnival is also trying to eliminate cancellable fares which would really impact my cruising. I doubt they will add a cancellable fare if one currently does not exist.

The balconies on the junior suites are tiny, tiny and I can't imagine 3 people on them at once, let alone 2 people. DH and I have had them before and you have to juggle the 2 deck chairs around to get out on the balcony let alone try to sit 2 people out there at once. The cabin is like a regular Carnival cabin on the newer ships with a couch and coffee table. The ocean views and interiors on the Paradise do not have them. After dry dock, the Paradise will have had some balconies added to ocean view cabins, but the cabins will be the same with no couches or coffee tables. The balconies will be larger than those in the junior suites. We have had those on the older ships in the same class as the Paradise. Your best bet is to either stay with the junior suite or upgrade to a Grand Suite.