Studio cabins on Radiance

rkmw

they have studio cabins 4583,4585 & 4587 on the Radiance

has anyone stayed in those cabins and if so is there enough room for a couple or only for one person

Edited by rkmw
wrote wrong cabin number

they have studio cabins 4583,4585 & 4587 on the Radiance

has anyone stayed in those cabins and if so is there enough room for a couple or only for one person

I don't understand. Why would you want to put two people into a cabin for one? :confused:

I don't understand. Why would you want to put two people into a cabin for one? :confused:

i saw a pic of 2 twin beds in the cabin so i asked if it sleeps 2 and i have been told its for a solo person...its only 108sq feet so it bit small for 2 people

when i've cruised on the Rhapsody and the Sun class princess ships they are not much bigger

i saw a pic of 2 twin beds in the cabin so i asked if it sleeps 2 and i have been told its for a solo person...its only 108sq feet so it bit small for 2 people

when i've cruised on the Rhapsody and the Sun class princess ships they are not much bigger

It is definitely just a twin bed in these studio cabins as shown by the shot below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=370229&d=1449211441

RCI website shows the following illustration for this studio. Don't be confused by the two pillows as it is just a single twin size bed.

RD_studio_interior_SI_305x202.jpg

The Vision class smallest interior cabins have 136 sq. ft. and Princess Sun class small interior have 135 sq. ft.

On our first RCI cruise, which was on the then Nordic Empress, which became Empress of the Seas, we had a 117 sq. ft. interior and it was terribly cramped with the two of us in it.

PB220360.jpg.98b8629a0a57fdb06f834d2b13ad25fd.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

I stayed in one on Brilliance. Was a very nice cabin, and for one person plenty of room. They are only 13-40sq ft smaller than some inside cabins on ships like Majesty or Enchantment which would normally have 2 people in them.

That being said, the price is usually not much cheaper and you DON"T get double points for C&A members if that means anything

I tried to post a picture here...but it wants a URL for a link...no option to insert a photo from my computer that I could see.

Edited by monctonguy

I stayed in one on Brilliance. Was a very nice cabin, and for one person plenty of room. They are only 13-40sq ft smaller than some inside cabins on ships like Majesty or Enchantment which would normally have 2 people in them.

That being said, the price is usually not much cheaper and you DON"T get double points for C&A members if that means anything

I tried to post a picture here...but it wants a URL for a link...no option to insert a photo from my computer that I could see.

I forgot that Majesty's interiors were only 114 sq. ft. cabins. I should have remembered that as we had interior cabins when we sailed on some of the old small RC ships, Song of Norway, Nordic Prince and Song of America, when these were part of now defunct Thompson's Sun Cruises.

I don't think the studio cabins on Brilliance are any different that the ones on Serenade which I have posted shots of above.

To upload pictures from your computer simply click on shaded Manage Attachment box in the Attach File option below the typing box on the Reply To Thread page. Then select Browse in the Upload File From Your Computer option followed by clicking on Upload once a picture file has been selected. Once uploaded go the attachment option in the typing box and select the file you want in your reply. It will show as a Attached Thumbnail that can be clicked on to bring up a larger shot. I typically link to that larger shot's URL address, using the edit function, so that also shows in my post as I have done with the screen shot below. ;)

The other option is to upload your pictures to a photo sharing online site and use the photo's URL there to link to in your post.

attachment.php?attachmentid=370243&d=1449238364

CCshot.jpg.f4e6d1aa88a6e7d3aa304a118128d8a2.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Ok....maybe I did figure it out..hope the pic posts properly.

Hi Monctonguy,

Would you be able to tell about the noise both in the day and at night in those studio rooms please? I'm looking to book one on Serenade which is only a slight difference in layout but with it being next to the centrum, I was a little wary...

I didn't hear any noise at all. It was its own small separate hallway which is a dead-end on one end and a door that closed to the public area at the other end which I think helped. My room was also on the side of the hall not right next to the centrum area as well.

Now I will admit that I spent very little time in my room..really between 2am and 8am to sleep and that's about it. But anytime that I went to my room during the day to grab something I didn't ever notice that I could hear the noise from the centrum. And it was also a great location and close to many things on the ship.

I liked the room for 1 person, but as others have said here often they aren't much if any cheaper than a normal inside room, you don't get double C&A points and they often sell out quickly.

I didn't hear any noise at all. It was its own small separate hallway which is a dead-end on one end and a door that closed to the public area at the other end which I think helped. My room was also on the side of the hall not right next to the centrum area as well.

Now I will admit that I spent very little time in my room..really between 2am and 8am to sleep and that's about it. But anytime that I went to my room during the day to grab something I didn't ever notice that I could hear the noise from the centrum. And it was also a great location and close to many things on the ship.

I liked the room for 1 person, but as others have said here often they aren't much if any cheaper than a normal inside room, you don't get double C&A points and they often sell out quickly.

Brilliant thank you very much for your help

• 2 years later...
It is definitely just a twin bed in these studio cabins as shown by the shot below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=370229&d=1449211441

RCI website shows the following illustration for this studio. Don't be confused by the two pillows as it is just a single twin size bed.

RD_studio_interior_SI_305x202.jpg

I realize that this thread is over 2 years old, but I wanted to respond to your post. I stayed in studio cabin 4585 on Radiance in May 2017, and my cabin had a double bed. I would've preferred a twin bed, as that would've given me a little more floor space.

I was on b2b2b Radiance cruises (28 days), and had a different cabin each cruise. Fortunately, I was in oceanview cabins 4582 and 4586 that were across the hall from the studio on the other cruises, so I didn't have far to move. I loved the location of the deck 4 cabins in the little hallway next to the dining room: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/radiance-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1695/04

Yeah this is a problem. The site said that it is a full size bed, which is why I was okay with booking it. A twin is not comfortable for me as I toss and turn a bit. Luckily, I have a screen shot of the description that RCI stated.