Difference between Oasis, Allure and Harmony

Tennant

Considering our first Oasis class cruise. Initially I planned on Allure but now I am considering Oasis out of Port Canaveral as it seems less expensive. What are the main differences between the ships (if any) and what upgrades have been made to Oasis in dry docks. I think she is about 10 years old? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All three ships have different shows.

Otherwise, Oasis and Allure are very close, with Oasis having Solarium Bistro and Allure having Samba Grill.

Harmony is the most different, with slides, and differences in the Solarium, observation deck above the bridge wings, and an additional area on the deck 5 outside promenade with deck chairs.

Oasis came out 2009, Allure 2010. Both ships do not differ much.

Harmony which came out 2016 is a totally different thing. New restaurants like Wonderland and Jamie´s Italian. Waterslides and the Ulitmate Abyss slide, different Solarium, King of the World, different shops, larger Starbucks (on Boardwalk and not Royal Promenade), Puzzle Break...

steamboats

The solarium on Oasis and Allure is better. Harmony has somewhat better staterooms and slides. If you don't care much about water slides, then I'd just go with Oasis or Allure. When booking for later this year, we booked Allure as I like it better than Harmony.

Considering our first Oasis class cruise. Initially I planned on Allure but now I am considering Oasis out of Port Canaveral as it seems less expensive. What are the main differences between the ships (if any) and what upgrades have been made to Oasis in dry docks. I think she is about 10 years old? Thanks!

I would do either again in a heartbeat, any kids with you? I've got Symphony booked for next year.

Also the Harmony has a really nice cabin layout with a better closet location. We’ve been on Oasis and Harmony and liked them both, but we did miss the pool in the Solarium (which we enjoyed using in the evening). Can’t wait to try Allure in May:) Happy cruising everyone!

Otherwise, Oasis and Allure are very close, with Oasis having Solarium Bistro and Allure having Samba Grill.

I believe Allure operates "Solarium Bistro" during the day and transforms to "Samba Grill" in the evenings. In other words, it is not Samba Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse) all day. At least it wasn't when we cruised Allure in April 2016.

Don't hold me to that. Maybe a more recent cruiser can tell you, but that's how it was when we last cruised on Allure.

I believe Allure operates "Solarium Bistro" during the day and transforms to "Samba Grill" in the evenings. In other words, it is not Samba Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse) all day. At least it wasn't when we cruised Allure in April 2016.

Don't hold me to that. Maybe a more recent cruiser can tell you, but that's how it was when we last cruised on Allure.

You are correct, I should have specified that the transformation occurs at dinner.

I would do either again in a heartbeat, any kids with you? I've got Symphony booked for next year.

Yes, our 14 month old son. We are booked for Allure and are wondering if it is the right choice!

If the pool area is important to you, with a 14 month old, the splash pad for children with swim diapers on Harmony is far, far better than Allure. On Allure, it's virtually non-existent whereas Harmony has a large play area. Otherwise the services and stuff for children are virtually identical between the two.

Thanks, the pool area is important. I'll have to look up some pics of the one on harmony! Looks like we pushed back our date so maybe we can get a good deal on Harmony!

The general pools are the same. The splash pad is what is different. If in swim diapers, Allure area is almost useless as your child will just sit and cry because they can't play with all the splash toys. It's a terrible design, basically a walled off tiny section within the splash area with nothing in it. Harmony has a large play area for swim diapered children, slide, etc. The only other difference is that Harmony doesn't have a Solarium pool, though it does have water slides.

Harmony is the most different, with slides, and differences in the Solarium, observation deck above the bridge wings, and an additional area on the deck 5 outside promenade with deck chairs.

I haven't been on the Harmony yet but I believe that instead of the Wipe Out Cafe that's on the Allure and Oasis there is Mini Bites on the Harmony in that same spot. It looks pretty close to the same thing but from the videos I have seen Mini Bites has a lot more room to sit. Both on deck 15.

I haven't been on the Harmony yet but I believe that instead of the Wipe Out Cafe that's on the Allure and Oasis there is Mini Bites on the Harmony in that same spot. It looks pretty close to the same thing but from the videos I have seen Mini Bites has a lot more room to sit. Both on deck 15.

Yup, they replaced Wipeout with mini bites. The line was always so long at mini bites and the food looked mediocre, so I never bothered. It was basically the same type of thing as Wipeout.

Yup, they replaced Wipeout with mini bites. The line was always so long at mini bites and the food looked mediocre, so I never bothered. It was basically the same type of thing as Wipeout.

That's the impression I had from reviews, same type of food, but more seating area than Wipeout.

My wife and I got ice cream and just some food to nibble on from the Wipe Out Cafe a few days when we were hanging out in the sports area in between meals. It was always hard to navigate in there with the amount of people trying to get food even when it was the afternoon.

We found the crew on Harmony to be the most standoffish, unhappy crew that we have ever experienced on a cruise ship. We would try to joke around with them or engage them and they acted like they could care less. We are booked on Harmony again for May but are moving that cruise to the Allure instead, due to the great reviews that ship has gotten. No offense but a 15 month old isn't really going to care which ship you pick. For your adult enjoyment I would recommend trying Allure or Oasis. We've heard nothing but positive things about those ships. Just my opinion. Everyone's needs or opinions may differ. You will have fun on any of the ships. Harmony will be the most expensive of the 3.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We have been on all 3 of them. Oasis and Allure are basically the same since both are 2009-10 technology. That being said Harmony is 2016 technology and has wi-fi enabled Sea Pass keys...just touch the contact and you get entry...it even worked from inside my wallet. Harmony also has Jamie's Italian restaurant in Central Park vs Giovanni's Table on Oasis and Allure. Harmony also has Bionic Bar which clearly was a try it once type thing...more of a tech gimmick rather than anything else.

We did 2 weeks on Harmony last fall and found the crew to be great...everyone we dealt with from cabin steward to wait staff to Diamond Concierge was terrific.

We have been on all 3 of them. Oasis and Allure are basically the same since both are 2009-10 technology. That being said Harmony is 2016 technology and has wi-fi enabled Sea Pass keys...just touch the contact and you get entry...it even worked from inside my wallet. Harmony also has Jamie's Italian restaurant in Central Park vs Giovanni's Table on Oasis and Allure. Harmony also has Bionic Bar which clearly was a try it once type thing...more of a tech gimmick rather than anything else.

We did 2 weeks on Harmony last fall and found the crew to be great...everyone we dealt with from cabin steward to wait staff to Diamond Concierge was terrific.

Great to hear that you guys had a wonderful crew experience on Harmony. It was weird for us, because we were all used to a happier more friendly group of people greeting us day to day. I do have to say, the waiters that we had Omdish & Manuel were Outstanding. They did magic tricks for the kids during dinner. Like I had said, I would definitely do Harmony again, I was just disappointed by the staff that handled mostly the common areas.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app