Which Liberty itinerary do you prefer - Coz/Cayman/Jamaica or Coz/Belize/Honduras?

Another vote for the Roatan route but like it even better when Costa Maya replaces Belize, unless you particularly want to do the Belize ruins.

Also remember Belize is a very long tender port if you arrange any independent excursions.

We did the Cozumel, Grand Cayman route this past July and could have spent the days on the ship. Prefer to leave from a FL Port.

Because of the port of embarkation, or because of the itinerary? I think you can see from above answers that is the less popular route but lots of ships from Florida visit the same ports, especially right now.

I also prefer leaving from Florida but since OP probably lives in Texas from their screen name, Galveston is probably a more convenient option for them, as it is for us.

Because of the port of embarkation, or because of the itinerary? I think you can see from above answers that is the less popular route but lots of ships from Florida visit the same ports, especially right now.

I also prefer leaving from Florida but since OP probably lives in Texas from their screen name, Galveston is probably a more convenient option for them, as it is for ups.

Sounds like she didn't like the embarkation port or the itinerary. Galveston seems to be a drive to port, with most of the cruisers coming from Texas or surrounding states.

Sounds like she didn't like the embarkation port or the itinerary. Galveston seems to be a drive to port' date=' with most of the cruisers coming from Texas or surrounding states.[/quote']

I would agree with this. Galveston is much less convenient for the fly-in cruiser than RC's Florida ports.

it was mainly the itinerary, Cozumel was our least favorite and didn't do anything. Grand Cayman was nice, did the land and boat tour. Even tough we flew in from So Calif, we rented a car since we wanted to tour the Nasa Space Center the day before leaving then drove in from there. We had self disembarking and were on the road by 9 AM back to Bush INTL.

Jamaica was just ok and nothing excited us about grand camen. We are doing roatan Costa Maya route in Feburary on the liberty and looking forward to it. If it goes well we probably won't do the Jamaican route again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jamaica was just ok and nothing excited us about grand camen. We are doing roatan Costa Maya route in Feburary on the liberty and looking forward to it. If it goes well we probably won't do the Jamaican route again.

If you are looking for an excellent all-inclusive beach experience in Costa Maya, check out Maya Chan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

If you are looking for an excellent all-inclusive beach experience in Costa Maya, check out Maya Chan.

We are doing the Costa Maya route in February as well and have Maya Chan booked again. Cozumel is our favorite port, so many things to do there, but then you get that on both itineraries.

There is a 3rd option out of Galveston in May. We are booked on the Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya itinerary. We no longer get off in Jamaica or Belize. We love going to Roatan, Cozumel and Costa Maya. For us it will be a 3 beach cruise. We will be booking all inclusive beach days in all 3 ports.

I enjoy Roatan. Pretty island with good zip-lining and beaches! Look into touring with Victor Bodden or going to Little French Key.

Enjoy your trip!

Patti

^^^^^^^^

We also love Roatan and recommend Victor Bodden.

mac_tlc

All ready booked! Too many people have recommended it. We are doing Mr Sanchos again in cozumel but we are still blank on what to do in roatan.

It looks like everyone prefers the Belize,Roatan,Cozumel route, but I really enjoyed Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel. In Jamaica, I've done Dunn's River Falls once and gone to a resort with resortforaday once. In Grand Cayman, we did a stingray tour with Native Way, which I highly recommend.

But, I'll be going on the Roatan/Costa Maya/Cozumel route over Thanksgiving, so I might have a different opinion after that

We have done the Cozumel-Grand Cayman-Jamaica itinerary once on RCL in 2013 and are doing it again in January 2018.

We have done Cozumel-Belize-Trujillo (Honduras) in 2015 and Cozumel-Belize-Roatan (2016) on NCL. (NCL doesn't go to Trujillo any more.)

We liked all the trips but have our favorite ports on both itineraries.

Cozumel is always good. Went to Passion Island (twice) and Chankanaab for snorkeling.

In Belize we did cave tubing one time and went to Lamanai ruins the other time. Both were good trips but not sure what we would do if we went back. We originally thought we were going to Harvest Caye but it wasn't open yet. Would like to go back and see it now.

We went to Maya Key in Roatan and had a good time snorkeling and would do that again.

We loved the Nativeway excursion in Grand Cayman to Stingray City, snorkeling at the reef, and Rum Point. That's one reason we are doing this again, to go back.

We did a beach break in Jamaica the first time and are trying out Hilton Rose Hall this time.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.