Dining time - your time dining

abby1257

Hi there, help..always have done early dining time, 6:00....noticed that we are waitlisted for this time (though we booked last August!)...called and was talked into "your time dining? She said we can go anytime. Does this mean we will be sitting with a table of strangers...one of our group doesn't like that... Experience on this please and thank you.

We always get a table for two with anytime dining - never had a problem. It starts at 5:45pm and there is a line, but only until the doors open and then it goes very quickly. When we leave the dining room about 7 or 7:15, there are many people waiting with pagers so we avoid going at that time. If you like the 6pm early dining, going around 5:45-6pm should work out for you with the anytime dining. We cruise 3-4 times a year and always do anytime dining.

Actually I have found my answer. I emailed our PVP regarding this and he said "yes indeed being PLATINUM does carry weight. so when you get on the ship....go to the dining room and sort it out"...REALLY......I'm not sure if this is the procedure or just a lazy PVP....When someone PLATINUM books a cruise....I am under the impression that they get preferred dining....so why on earth should they have to wait til they are on the ship and do it themselves...am I missing something...

With YTD, there are tables set up for 2,4,6, and 8. Keep in mind that the tables for two only have about 12 inches of space between them. So even though you won't be seated with strangers, it isn't exactly "private" either. Sometimes those at the next table might say hello, and sometimes not. Beyond a polite "hello", you're not obligated to carry on a continuous conversation with those seated next to you.

From what I understand, being Platinum gives us priority in MDR assignment, but only Diamond are guaranteed a particular assignment. Was the booking under the name of the Platinum member or was that member included in the same booking? If not, your PVP may not have been aware of the priority status. In which case, he/she is probably correct in directing you to see the MaitreD once onboard. Hopefully it can get sorted out, but don't count on it as early seating seems to be really popular and depending on the size of your party, there may not be anything available.

With YTD, there are tables set up for 2,4,6, and 8. Keep in mind that the tables for two only have about 12 inches of space between them. So even though you won't be seated with strangers, it isn't exactly "private" either. Sometimes those at the next table might say hello, and sometimes not. Beyond a polite "hello", you're not obligated to carry on a continuous conversation with those seated next to you.

This really depends on the ship. On the Splendor for instance, we sat in a booth just like you would at any other restaurant. It had class (or something? I don't remember) between us and the next booth.