Any hints on Golden Princess?????

GUT2407

it interesting, as others have pointed out the IC on the golden is full breakfast to dinner.... of the same people..... the only time I saw it empty was embarkation day.

For some people a cruise is sitting in a seat all day. walking round the ship particularly on sea days it when you notice the same faces in the same seats all the time.

Cheers Don

Is there no policy that the seats in the IC are for people consuming meals or coffee, which is what it is intended for. Cannot staff free up seats used by people for people watching. I will be one floor up in the Window Suites on Deck 6. Looks like it will be a takeway lunchs for us

I have not been on Golden yet ........ (28 days to go) however on Emerald one of the best (secret) places to find some solace during the day time was Skywalkers.

Absolutely stunning views both fore and aft with next to no-one there.

I hope it is the same on Golden cos I just got a new book for this crooze.

Golden Princess

Lovely ship we did Alaska in June .I agree the only downside was trying to get a seat at the IC we saw people sit with a glass of water and only leave for the early dinner sitting,they obviously had inside cabins ,but could have gone to one of the other lounges.Even the wait staff who were asking if any one would like coffees etc weren't able to move them on.Every thing else about the ship and the cruise was great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very valid comments on here re Golden Princess, which is a lovely vessel....However...

Having been on Golden for 30 days in 2014, Buenos Aires to Los Angeles Harbour, one thing that did annoy me was the pax who just sat around the IC Café/Atrium, reading books, playing cards, dozing etc. Occupying seats needed by others patronising the IC. Having been on many Princess ships over the years, the same occurs on all of them, believe me. Time the IC Police got onto to them and moved them, like they should in the Buffet areas, same thing happens. :evilsmile:

Sure on sea days in rough sea conditions some folk who are prone to sea sickness like to gather in such areas, lower deck and mid ships for a bit more stability.

So now we have a new squad on Princess to go with the Laundry Rage Police, Sun Lounger Hog Police, Theatre Seat Hog Police, Fashion/Dress Code Police etc......'The International Café Police.':evilsmile:

I have not been on Golden yet ........ (28 days to go) however on Emerald one of the best (secret) places to find some solace during the day time was Skywalkers.

you are in luck skywalkers on the golden is great during the day for a quiet read, one of our fellow pax, found it too relaxing and would often go to sleep. Also it right aft to great wake views plus forward view as well.

Cheers Don

you are in luck skywalkers on the golden is great during the day for a quiet read, one of our fellow pax, found it too relaxing and would often go to sleep. Also it right aft to great wake views plus forward view as well.

Cheers Don

Agree with you Don, Skywalkers is an excellent feature of the Grand Class Princess ships.:halo:

Just checking

Golden

Soft serve ice cream and shakes???

I.C.???

Gut, we were on Golden in September, had trouble keeping my hubby away from the soft serve it was the best and was actually ‘served’ by a nice young man and with a choice of toppings, choc top, sprinkles etc.

The malted thick shakes were the best - absolutely unmissable! The babes will love all of these [emoji6]

Gut, we were on Golden in September, had trouble keeping my hubby away from the soft serve it was the best and was actually ‘served’ by a nice young man and with a choice of toppings, choc top, sprinkles etc.

The malted thick shakes were the best - absolutely unmissable! The babes will love all of these [emoji6]

Thanks Porky, the shakes and soft serve still owe me a few kilo from our round Aus cruise two years ago

Thanks Porky, the shakes and soft serve still owe me a few kilo from our round Aus cruise two years ago

I am an icecreamaholic, cannot walk past an icecream shop, same on Princess, the soft serve is like a magnet. I have mine in a bowl with a spoon, no problems, the cona being a no gooda for a Lesa.:(

The icecream in the MDR's on Princess is always good, I sometimes have a selection - 'trio of icecreams they call it.

I went to Woolies today, the tubs of gourmet ice cream kept jumping into the trolley. Sad I know.

As the old saying goes..'I screem for icescreem. lol.

I am an icecreamaholic, cannot walk past an icecream shop, same on Princess, the soft serve is like a magnet. I have mine in a bowl with a spoon, no problems, the cona being a no gooda for a Lesa.:(

The icecream in the MDR's on Princess is always good, I sometimes have a selection - 'trio of icecreams they call it.

I went to Woolies today, the tubs of gourmet ice cream kept jumping into the trolley. Sad I know.

As the old saying goes..'I screem for icescreem. lol.

Yeah happens to me a lot.

Then the Home Ice Cream person holds me at gun point and forces me to take some.

Sad state of affairs ain’t it???

Edited by GUT2407

It's been a few years now but our first Princess cruise was on the Golden. LA to Rio in a mini suite on Dolphin deck. It was a fabulous journey with happy crew, great service and the grandeur of an older ship. And when those stabilisers go down you know she's handling the seas and you're safe. Enjoyed it so much we're carrying a black card now ;-)

Dobby, in September Skywalkers was as quiet as a church during the day except for the “knitting circle morning [emoji1354]” (this will be in your daily Patter so you can be forewarned)

Rose

Dobby, in September Skywalkers was as quiet as a church during the day except for the “knitting circle morning [emoji1354]” (this will be in your daily Patter so you can be forewarned)

Rose

My Missus joined the Knitters and Knatters up there in 2014, Golden Princess around Cape Horn. Noisy mob they were.:eek: Nearly as noisy as the Princess Pop Choir, which I always join up with.