3 Meal Specialty Dining Package

gs627

Does the specialty dining package include all specialty restaurants? The terms and conditions on the website say a la carte is excluded, but when I called up Norwegian I was told it does include a la carte but some do charge an upcharge. Anyone know which are included with the package and which charge an upcharge?

Thanks in advance!!!

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALITY DINING PACKAGE BE HONOURED?

Speciality dining packages are honoured in the following speciality restaurants: steakhouses, Churrascarias, French, Teppanyaki, Los Lobos, Q Steakhouse, Margaritaville at Sea and Italian restaurants. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

• Ocean Blue - $15 USD
  • Bayamo - $15 USD
  • Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway
  • Sushi -$7 USD
  • Raw Bar - $7 USD (Seafood Platter not included)
  • Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD

I called about this last week and was told that in the a la carte restaurants, the package is good for an appetizer, a main course and a dessert per person. Anything else ordered will add an additional charge.

I called about this last week and was told that in the a la carte restaurants, the package is good for an appetizer, a main course and a dessert per person. Anything else ordered will add an additional charge.

They do say that.

But it’s wrong.

People regularly order more and don’t get charged. I specifically asked on here who for examples of people being charged. I think we found one or two people who said that they had been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can order multiple apps, one entree and multiple desserts.

Ignore “a la carte excluded”. There are a limited number of restaurants where the SDP is not included (food republic, bakery, ice cream store, atrium cafe)

We had the specialty dining package (3), and were charged a fee at each 10-15 bucks, that was taken care of by our onboard credits.

What for? Was it extra dishes or were the restaurants that you went to ones that have an upcharge?

I think it was just an upcharge or specialty dining charge. We ate at Bistro, Cagney's, and the Brazilian steakhouse. I already deleted my concierge app, but IIRC, it was a specialty dining charge.

I think it was just an upcharge or specialty dining charge. We ate at Bistro, Cagney's, and the Brazilian steakhouse. I already deleted my concierge app, but IIRC, it was a specialty dining charge.

You should have fought that charge. None of those are extra fee if you have dining package

You should have fought that charge. None of those are extra fee if you have dining package

As I first time cruiser, I didn't know. Is there a way to go back on my NCL account via the webiste (not the app) to see the charges? I tried a few times and there's just history of the cruise and that's it. I could certainly be looking in the wrong spot.

There could be a fee if you order a lobster tail with your entree or order an extra entree.
We didn't order anything extra. No extra apps, entrees, or desserts.

As I first time cruiser, I didn't know. Is there a way to go back on my NCL account via the webiste (not the app) to see the charges? I tried a few times and there's just history of the cruise and that's it. I could certainly be looking in the wrong spot.

We didn't order anything extra. No extra apps, entrees, or desserts.

No, you can’t access room charges once you have left. They should have left a paper copy of your bill at your room on the last night.

To be honest, from comments on here, it appears to be very difficult to dispute charges once you have left the ship, even if you do have all the info.

Incorrect charges at speciality restaurants with the dining plan aren’t something which I read about very often (if at all). If I was to hazard a guess (and don’t take this the wrong way, as I don’t know you so this isn’t in any way a personal comment) I would suggest that maybe you are misremembering. Or maybe it was a charge for some drinks or something like that. You should certainly have been given a slip to sign if there were and charges incurred.

I actually did have an invalid charge for Cagney's for one cruise (last night of the cruise). I noticed it on the final bill and brought it t the attention of GS as I was leaving the ship. It took a few weeks but I got a check form NCL for the amount eventually.

You are braver than I. I would not have left the ship until the mistake was resolved. I try to avoid 'the checks in the mail'. Very little trust with most companies especially NCL.

We had the UBP as well, so it wasn't drinks. Ah, maybe my husband kept the bill when we left. Everything that we were charged on the boat (port taxes on alcoholic beverages, fancy coffee drinks) was covered by onboard credits anyway.

We had the UBP as well, so it wasn't drinks. Ah, maybe my husband kept the bill when we left. Everything that we were charged on the boat (port taxes on alcoholic beverages, fancy coffee drinks) was covered by onboard credits anyway.

Did you have coffee after your meals? Espresso’s and such like are officially chargeable, although they rarely charge it in practice.

... was told...

You'll be told a lot of conflicting and false information by NCL staff, both onboard and landside. Those who have purchased SDP are often told something like 'one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert':

• That is the case for the Platinum dinner. The conditions for that state: "Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice..."
  • It is not the case if you have purchased a Speciality Dining Package. The conditions for that state: "Charges will apply for additional main course orders." and "...all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro.", so they limit your number of entrées to one, but they do not limit your appetizers or desserts.

Waitstaff often get the two mixed up, so I carry a printed copy of the two with me to help them remember which is which.

• 2 months later...
You'll be told a lot of conflicting and false information by NCL staff, both onboard and landside. Those who have purchased SDP are often told something like 'one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert':

• That is the case for the Platinum dinner. The conditions for that state: "Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice..."
  • It is not the case if you have purchased a Speciality Dining Package. The conditions for that state: "Charges will apply for additional main course orders." and "...all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro.", so they limit your number of entrées to one, but they do not limit your appetizers or desserts.

Waitstaff often get the two mixed up, so I carry a printed copy of the two with me to help them remember which is which.

Where did you find that on NCL site cant find it anywhere

On my last two cruises I did not receive a print out of my account on the last day. Both times I called when I got home and they immediately emailed a full copy of my charges, credits, etc. Thankfully nothing was wrong so I didn't need to dispute anything, but you can call Miami and get the invoice.

Was the amount for dining "charged" then zeroed out on the bill or was the amount deducted from your OBC?

My post contains links to where you can find the text I've quoted.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I believe that you may be from the U.K. aren’t you? If so then I suspect that the other poster may not be able to open the links as they would be from the U.K. site.

I actually did have an invalid charge for Cagney's for one cruise (last night of the cruise). I noticed it on the final bill and brought it t the attention of GS as I was leaving the ship. It took a few weeks but I got a check form NCL for the amount eventually.

I was charged $5 at Cagney's because using my platinum plus dinner coupon I ordered steak and shrimp. The waiter insisted there was an extra charge. I did pay it, but was not a happy camper. I have been platinum plus for years and other than in the Lobster days ever been charged extra for anything. I will say he told me ahead of time at least.

Is it possible you added a tip to the bill that was charged to your account? On the bottom of the bill where you sign there is a place to add additional tip. Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...