Best Taxi Company & Reservations?

marklodi

Hi all,

We'll be staying at the Hyatt Place 17th Street in May, coming in on a Friday, cruising on Saturday. We do not want to utilize the shuttle they offer, as we are early birds.

Is there a preferred taxi company in Fort Lauderdale for hotel to ship, and would you recommend calling them several days in advance/night before/morning to have a taxi at the hotel at a certain time (9:30am-ish)?

First time in Ft. Lauderdale, so want to see what veterans recommend. Thanks in advance! :)

Is there any chance of getting a van four 5? Or should I just get two taxis?

Just ask the front desk to request a van taxi and let them know when you will be ready - with enough notice you shoud not need to wait.

There are suv cabs. If you don't have a lot of luggage they will hold your party of five. If not you still will be ahead $$ and convenience by using two cabs.

Edited by eandj

There are suv cabs. If you don't have a lot of luggage they will hold your party of five. If not you still will be ahead $$ and convenience by using two cabs.

Cool, thanks. We are saving for a long time to pay for this cruise, the money will about be a break even but to have our own cab that goes right to our terminal, no waiting for anyone, no stuffing a van full, that is so worth it to me. We will have a ton of luggage so I am thinking two cabs.

I have heard just too many horror stories about the hotel sub-contracted shuttles. I am thinking of getting to the hotel buffet around 8:45, eat, poke my head out at 9:15ish to see if there are any cabs waiting. If not, have the hotel call for two, or maybe just do it myself.

Edited by twindaddy

Yellow Cab is the biggest company. 954-777-7777. You can just call when you are ready to go as there will be lots of taxis nearby waiting for dispatch.

I highly recommend you call. Last year front desk did not want to call us a taxi and were even argumentative about calling as they were pushing their shuttle service. Other than that it was a lovely hotel in a great location.

I highly recommend you call. Last year front desk did not want to call us a taxi and were even argumentative about calling as they were pushing their shuttle service. Other than that it was a lovely hotel in a great location.

Thanks. I'm fairly certain we're going to call around 9am for a 9:45am pickup.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I agree on calling yourself. I asked the front desk for a cab at the Embassy Suites, they stated "they had a shuttle" I told them that I didn't want to be packed into the shuttle and wanted a cab.

They told me they called, we waited about 20 minutes, no cab. The shuttle driver approached us and told us he would take us to the airport for $20, with no others so we went with them. I think had I called the cab they would have been there, I'm doubting the front desk called.

Larry's Limo has gotten lots of favorable posts on this board.

You could also check out Trip Advisor to read reviews.

Keith

Thanks! And thanks for pointing out that I was "that person"

Back to regularly scheduled programming. :D

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get my family of 5 adults from the hotel to the port without packing into the hotel shuttle like a bunch of sardines.

Leaning towards Larry's Limo service.

You can also get a van taxi that will hold 5 adults for the same price as a regular sedan taxi (probably cheaper than Larry's Limo) if you are being frugal.