Oasis of the seas- Florida hotels near port

Lawdog1674

Leaving on the oasis of the seas for the August 26, 2016 cruise. I am traveling with my family of 4 (DW, 10 year old, and 7 year old). We are coming the day before and wondering if anyone has any suggestions of good places to stay near the port. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

Leaving on the oasis of the seas for the August 26, 2016 cruise. I am traveling with my family of 4 (DW, 10 year old, and 7 year old). We are coming the day before and wondering if anyone has any suggestions of good places to stay near the port. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

We just stayed at the Embassy suites on se 17th st..there are places to eat all around there and you are 10 minutes from the docks, They have a shuttle to the ships I think $19 PP.We took a cab and it cost us $21.

Brian

There are a ton. There are a couple of times a year where events book them all up (Fleet week in May), so I usually book early. Do a search on your favorite travel site for PORT EVERGLADES. I've had personal experience (2 people) for the Hyatt Pier 66, Embassy suites (both in the 17th street area) and Rodeway Inn Dania Beach.

We always stay at Embassy Suites. My kiddos (9,11,13) love the free snacks and unlimited Shirley Temples from 5:30 to 7:30. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance too. Breakfast in the morning is also included. And u can see the Oasis from the hotel...kids loved that. Shuttle is a bit pricey, but convenient. Hotels are tricky for us tho, a family of 5 needs space! :D

We will be on the June 4th sailing but come in 2 days early. The difference in airfare x5 made the extra hotel stay cheaper.