Oasis Sky Class Early Flowrider Access

I have read about it here and on the RC Flowrider Society Face Book page. It isn't earlier private riding, it is more like a fast pass way to skip the line. As a Star and Sky Class cruiser who loves to ride you won't catch me butting the line. To me it goes against the spirit of riding. On a side note on the FB page they call the line jumpers class holes which is funny and a bit ironic.

I have read about it here and on the RC Flowrider Society Face Book page. It isn't earlier private riding, it is more like a fast pass way to skip the line. As a Star and Sky Class cruiser who loves to ride you won't catch me butting the line. To me it goes against the spirit of riding. On a side note on the FB page they call the line jumpers class holes which is funny and a bit ironic.

Like that!

from what has been posted online via social media sites, there have been some pictures

(not high quality or well defined) of a signpost indicating a way to skip/bypass the regular

line.

use of this bypass line will not be welcome by the 7-15 people who are waiting patiently to have their turn.

There is definitely a camaraderie of the people who share the flowrider all week long, and the person who thumbs their nose at this reasonable protocol is not someone I would want to be / see or know.

It is unfortunate that Royal Caribbean advertised "exclusive flowrider access" as a perk of the new suite program and then really haven't delivered. They should have opened up earlier hours (or midday or late) for the few people within the suite program who might use it.

But as their planning team usually does, they've implemented 1st. and then figured out how to deal with it 2nd. Most unfortunate in my opinion.

I know that Andrew will be on an Oasis class ship here in a couple weeks and I will be on one in late September and I will be curious to see how things go.

Edited by stevekc

Didn't realize there was a fb page, thanks.

from what has been posted online via social media sites, there have been some pictures

(not high quality or well defined) of a signpost indicating a way to skip/bypass the regular

line.

use of this bypass line will not be welcome by the 7-15 people who are waiting patiently to have their turn.

There is definitely a camaraderie of the people who share the flowrider all week long, and the person who thumbs their nose at this reasonable protocol is not someone I would want to be / see or know.

It is unfortunate that Royal Caribbean advertised "exclusive flowrider access" as a perk of the new suite program and then really haven't delivered. They should have opened up earlier hours (or midday or late) for the few people within the suite program who might use it.

But as their planning team usually does, they've implemented 1st. and then figured out how to deal with it 2nd. Most unfortunate in my opinion.

I know that Andrew will be on an Oasis class ship here in a couple weeks and I will be on one in late September and I will be curious to see how things go.

Maybe Andrew and you can convince the concierges/sports staff to open it up a little early for the suite guest. My husband rides and agrees bypassing the lines will get him angry stares and not look favorable upon.

Interesting....and to be applauded.

I enjoy the flowrider, and see it as very crass to 'jump the line' because you are in the Sky Class cabin. Once a cruiser leaves their cabin and ventures into open space for all cruisers, then they are just like any other cruiser.

These suite guests have plenty for them that is NOT open to cruisers who have not spent the money on those cabins.

The is no line jumping for Sky Class!

It is STAR Class only!

And those class-holes that are allowed and will jump the line - are few and very liked by the crowd....:D:p

This is where things are sketchy.

If you examine Royal's advertisement of their extravagant suite program, you will see listed the following underneath the "SKY CLASS'

"This is Sky Class – spectacular accommodations, attentive service and exclusive experiences. Your Royal Concierge crafts your personal adventures, from priority reservations to catching the day’s first wave on the FlowRider®"

Now we go to interpretation and fight with the uninformed (but well meaning & hard working) sports staff and tell them about false advertising. Then they let you skip the line with the other "cl*******s".

And then you are exposed to the disdain and potential wrath of the (now longer) impatiently waiting people in line that won't be happy.

Once again, this is not the fault of passengers in any cabin or program, but with Royal Caribbean for selling a benefit, that when examined closer is not very "beneficial" to pretty much everyone using or affected by it.

Just my opinion.

Do you guys complain this much about Fast Passes at theme parks? Do you get a snarky look on your face when you walk through first class on an airplane?

Talk about jealousy, my goodness. Go get a sky/star class cabin if you want to jump the line. Camaraderie between people riding a flow rider on a cruise ship? This is comedy, like the old beach party films. I may just go jump the line to watch and laugh at a bunch of fake surfers pretending to be some sort of club.

saintsfan, if you want to ride the flow rider and consider this a nice perk. Go for it. Don't even concern yourself with a few miserable, snarky, and obscenely jealous folks standing in line.

Edited by BNBR

Do you guys complain this much about Fast Passes at theme parks? Do you get a snarky look on your face when you walk through first class on an airplane?

Talk about jealousy, my goodness. Go get a sky/star class cabin if you want to jump the line. Camaraderie between people riding a flow rider on a cruise ship? This is comedy, like the old beach party films. I may just go jump the line to watch and laugh at a bunch of fake surfers pretending to be some sort of club.

I feel so sorry for you...you have no clue at all!:rolleyes:

I feel so sorry for you...you have no clue at all!:rolleyes:

Yes, flame away. I think it's funny.

Some of these people may want to spend a few extra bucks someday and treat themselves to extra privileges and something nice. Nothing wrong with that.

I know...I guess you are known for trolling....:rolleyes:

Ok, maybe trolling a little...... :p

But in a more serious tone. There is a lot of perks when you decide to spend more of your hard earned money. There was a special aqua show with free drinks for certain CA levels... I'm not. Suite class skips the boarding line. They are allowed on the ship first. And just numerous other perks. They are advertised. You pay for them. And if you decide to spend more of your money to get them, you should enjoy them without feeling guilty.

I think it's inappropriate to make someone feel like a jerk for taking advantage of, essentially, a fast pass on the flow rider. It's common at theme parks. It's not unusual or anything of the sort. The 12 people in line, who seem to form some sort of "clique" can chill for a few extra minutes. If someone was able to go ride after ride, that's one thing, but if they want to come by for a single ride and skip the line as a perk - come on now.

That is deserving of class warfare rhetoric and name calling?

Edited by BNBR

Skipping the flowrider line is not an advertised perk!:p:D:cool:

And anyway it seems this discussion is not going anywhere anyway.... and also the whole "perk" is not worth the discussion as it is sometimes available and most of the times not...

So most people that could potentially use it - will not be willing or able to.

Ok, maybe trolling a little...... :p

But in a more serious tone. There is a lot of perks when you decide to spend more of your hard earned money. There was a special aqua show with free drinks for certain CA levels... I'm not. Suite class skips the boarding line. They are allowed on the ship first. And just numerous other perks. They are advertised. You pay for them. And if you decide to spend more of your money to get them, you should enjoy them without feeling guilty.

I think it's inappropriate to make someone feel like a jerk for taking advantage of, essentially, a fast pass on the flow rider. It's common at theme parks. It's not unusual or anything of the sort. The 12 people in line, who seem to form some sort of "clique" can chill for a few extra minutes. If someone was able to go ride after ride, that's one thing, but if they want to come by for a single ride and skip the line as a perk - come on now.

That is deserving of class warfare rhetoric and name calling?

Did you even read the second post. It was from someone who spends hours on the flowrider and who sails star class and he won't use it and he gave his reasons why.

Did you even read the second post. It was from someone who spends hours on the flowrider and who sails star class and he won't use it and he gave his reasons why.

Yes, and that's HIS choice, but why make others feel uncomfortable or guilty for doing so?

Anyways, I've said what I wish to say, no reason to get into a silly internet war on the topic.

Yes, and that's HIS choice, but why make others feel uncomfortable or guilty for doing so?

Anyways, I've said what I wish to say, no reason to get into a silly internet war on the topic.

You are right, it is my choice. When I really want the wave to myself I rent it privately and occasionally invite other riders to join me. Those who do not get the spirit of flowriding will butt the line and that is OK. They are however missing out on making good connections with fellow cruisers. Some like to make friends in the SL or DL, I like to make them in the flowrider line.

I don't like the fact that the term "class holes" has been termed as I am labeled with it by my choice of cabin, but it is not who I am. Sure I pay more to be in one of the largest cabins on the ship but IMO it is the person, not their cabin, that makes them who they are. I will be in line with the "commoners" as we chuckle at jumpers as they eat the wave. They won't get tips from us while they ride the short line. Maybe they are nice people, but I won't even get the chance to even say hello.

I honestly hope the cue jumpers are one and done riders not to be seem again for the rest of the cruise.

Edited by A&L_Ont

You are right, it is my choice. When I really want the wave to myself I rent it privately and occasionally invite other riders to join me. Those who do not get the spirit of flowriding will butt the line and that is OK. They are however missing out on making good connections with fellow cruisers. Some like to make friends in the SL or DL, I like to make them in the flowrider line.

I don't like the fact that the term "class holes" has been termed as I am labeled with it by my choice of cabin, but it is not who I am. Sure I pay more to be in one of the largest cabins on the ship but IMO it is the person, not their cabin, that makes them who they are. I will be in line with the "commoners" as we chuckle at jumpers as they eat the wave. They won't get tips from us while they ride the short line. Maybe they are nice people, but I won't even get the chance to even say hello.

I honestly hope the cue jumpers are one and done riders not to be seem again for the rest of the cruise.

Good possibility, I am sure.

Skipping the line for a single ride is not a problem. The people who ride over and over again and continually skip the line are the people they are talking about.

I do somewhat agree with you on a few points. The whole "Spirit of Flowriding" - I'm just not sure I can get with you on that point, but I get where you are coming from. For many, they aren't looking for that spirit, just to ride the wave and have a little fun. It's an activity. They probably don't care much about tips from the line.

I fully agree that if you are jumping the line, it should be one and done, or at least not until some time has passed (hours).

It's just the whole "class hole" thing doesn't sit right with me. I've been on both sides... I may be a regular ***hole sometimes, but it has very little to do with paying to be in a higher class :p If the people standing in line think everyone who is more successful then them is some sort of "class hole" - then why would anyone want to hang out and get tips from them anyways? Even when I was flat broke, I just never looked at successful people with such animosity and hatred, I don't get it.

Edited by BNBR