Equinox May 25 2019 Cabins not available

Mr&MrsBee

Booked cruise months ago. Went to website to check a cabins available and got response no cabins available and sold out on another cruise website. Wonder what gives? Possible charter? Probably will investigate tomorrow. Any other ideas? I have paid the deposit and have a cabin #.

Booked cruise months ago. Went to website to check a cabins available and got response no cabins available and sold out on another cruise website. Wonder what gives? Possible charter? Probably will investigate tomorrow. Any other ideas? I have paid the deposit and have a cabin #.

Same thing happened on an Eclipse sailing that I have booked. Months after booking it, different sites were showing as that sailing having no cabins available and sold out ...and now, it has now just disappeared completely. I think they are either looking at a dry dock situation, changing of the itinerary or a charter. Either way, hang onto your booking if you can. When they have all their plans figured out, they tend to give you a bit of compensation if they make any changes or if they cancel it completely.

I've found the best place to find info on this is on your roll call. I don't know how some people know what's happening ahead of time but they do seem to have the scoop. Nobody from Celebrity or your TA really has the authority to announce any changes until all contracts are signed, dates set in stone, money received.

Now, if it's just showing that it is sold out on one day, I wouldn't automatically jump to conclusions. It does seem to take them a few months to make their announcements and offerings to those that have a booking.

May have something to do with it being the first sailing after her "Revolution" dry dock. I read they are changing some room categories around.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yes, putting more suites on all the ships during the ‘Revolution’, so perhaps that explains why only suites are available to book: X are testing the waters and holding out on those cabins that will no longer be there due to the reconfiguration :confused:?

Thank you all for your comments. I spoke with Captains Club and all they show bookings are thru travel agent and only suites available. I really do not want to be on a charter. Maybe as some have expressed is due to the revolution. Guess I will wait and see what happens. Really would like this cruise as will be our anniversary. Keeping fingers crossed.

Indygirl: We are booked in Cabin 2107. I have tried to connect on the roll call but I get the response "not accepting new threads"..so cannot communicate with other cruisers. So it looks like you and us. Larry and Karen.

Indygirl: We are booked in Cabin 2107. I have tried to connect on the roll call but I get the response "not accepting new threads"..so cannot communicate with other cruisers. So it looks like you and us. Larry and Karen.

If you look on connections for May 24 Equinox you will find another poster booked.

Argh, I was just coming to post this same question. I'm already booked, but particularly since this will be my first Celebrity cruise, I really don't want it to be a charter. (Or an extension of the dry dock!)

If a large group has booked a number of cabins it isn’t a charter. A charter is when a company/groups books the entire ship and everyone booked is bump off.

We have been on cruises with groups of 50-60 and groups of 300+/- and have not had any issues. A lot depends on the size of the group and type.

Our last cruise had a group and the only thing we noticed was that Qsine had a Private Function every morning and that Qusar had a Private Function” each sea day afternoon, when it normally isn’t open. I couldn’t tell you how big or what type of group it was.

Jelayne: Thank you for your comments. Someone from X is not be completely truthful. The cruise has verified this is not a charter and is completely booked. Yet another response is stating need to speak to a travel agent to book. I am confused. Is honesty no longer the best policy with X.

I just have a hard time believing it's not a charter (or "extra large group" or whatever the most appropriate wording is :) ), a dry dock extension, or some other oddball thing. I only booked a couple of weeks ago, and in the C3 category alone, I had 20+ cabin options.

Hoping for the best, bracing myself for the worst, and feeling very grateful I haven't purchased plane tickets yet!

I just have a hard time believing it's not a charter (or "extra large group" or whatever the most appropriate wording is :) ), a dry dock extension, or some other oddball thing. I only booked a couple of weeks ago, and in the C3 category alone, I had 20+ cabin options.

Hoping for the best, bracing myself for the worst, and feeling very grateful I haven't purchased plane tickets yet!

Having a lot of C3 cabins open isn’t unusal since Captains Club members can pay the C3 care but book a C2, so C1 and C2 cabins go before C3s.

• 5 weeks later...
Having a lot of C3 cabins open isn’t unusal since Captains Club members can pay the C3 care but book a C2, so C1 and C2 cabins go before C3s.

On the celebrity website, you cannot book Equinox for the whole month of May, 2019. I assumed it was an extensive dry dock.