Common offers for Specialty Dining while on the ship? (Navigator of the Seas)

We're on the March 2019, 9 day ABC cruise on the Navigator, and are considering specialty restaurants for the first time. We really only want TWO (maybe three) nights of specialty dining. The prepaid BOGO offer is too restrictive, as it must be used on Day 1 and Day 2 (which means we miss the first formal night in the MDR).

We don't want to go to dinner at a specialty restaurant on Day 1 or either formal night (night 2 and 8). I'm wondering what are some of the typical offers while on the ship that may work for us? I know this can vary, but just gathering info... Thank you.

Dan

Lots of things factor in. For example, do you have a port day where the ship leaves port late at night or even overnight? Many pax will eat ashore and there is less demand for specialty restaurants.

We got a good deal from this. They were set up outside of the WJ at lunch with ~20% off. We asked if the could do better? and they came up to 30%. DH asked for 40% and they said sorry.

We went in to lunch [i was a little bit embarrassed by DH's offer] . . . but, about 30 minutes later the same person found us and said OK.

Thank you. So, both Chops and Jamie's are $35 prepaid right now. I can't remember if these are typically the full prices paid while on the ship also.

If that's the case, maybe we'll chance it and try to snag a 20% off at $28 each, or $24.50 with 30% off. Unless I'm missing something?

Thanks,

Dan

We're on the March 2019, 9 day ABC cruise on the Navigator, and are considering specialty restaurants for the first time. We really only want TWO (maybe three) nights of specialty dining. The prepaid BOGO offer is too restrictive, as it must be used on Day 1 and Day 2 (which means we miss the first formal night in the MDR).

We don't want to go to dinner at a specialty restaurant on Day 1 or either formal night (night 2 and 8). I'm wondering what are some of the typical offers while on the ship that may work for us? I know this can vary, but just gathering info... Thank you.

Dan

We have done the BOGO twice and both times we had no problem switching days and times, both times only the first night was schudeled and it was a easy change. They only seem to hold the FNDR to the first night only. Went down to chops as soon as we boarded and made changes for the the week. BOGO is only $40.00 pp. We booked the BOGO for our upcoming Symphony cruise and picked day 1 at 8:30 We added the 3 night package to our cruise today and picked day 2. Once onboard we will change all 5 nights. happy cruising

Is 18% already included when booking online? We booked chops and the final price seemed to only add an extra $3 per person, which is not $18%.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Co to the cruise planner and click on order history. We booked the 3 night package today for Symphony at $85.00 pp, on order history it says service charge included. We also bought the Evian water package and 18% was added at check out

Is 18% already included when booking online? We booked chops and the final price seemed to only add an extra $3 per person, which is not $18%.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

So far, the online price includes gratuity. But it wasn't that long ago that onboard prices included tips.