How much have you spent at the fun shops?

prestige809

I’ve read they do not give you the forms anymore at least they did not at port canaveral but they did provided me a form once I went to secondary inspection I filled it up with no problems did not had to show receipts , they ain’t even had the correct change to return, they’re more interest in catching people bringing drugs tbh, and I asked someone that worked at the shops that only for certain purchases for example if you buy a Rolex or expensive jewelry or more than 150 bottles they have to report it so you can pay the taxes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are correct, on my last cruise, there were no more customs forms - ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DECLARE. I would assume they did away with these since most people do not spend over the reportable limit.

This does not mean however that there are no more rules governing what you can bring into the US without declaring it and/or paying appropriate taxes. As a matter of fact, the ships I have been on of late have the allowances clearly posted in the area where they sell the alcohol and tobacco.

The do still ask you when you go through customs, and you are responsible for providing the correct customs form with the correct information if you have reached the point of needing to declare.

Want to make sure information provided here is accurate as to what some people may attempt to do, and what is actually correct and legal.

I assure you they are NOT only looking for someone trying to come through drugs, or with an expensive $10,000 Rolex or 150 bottles of liquor.

I've never bought anything. I assume it's all overpriced compared to what I could get at the mall. Is that incorrect?

All I can speak about is the cologne (and perfume for the ladies). It's MUCH cheaper on board. It's $50 if you buy it anywhere else, I pay $20 on the ship, tax free.

nothing worse than tax cheats, the ethics police who complain about smuggling because it hurts their precious company's bottom line should be out in full force over something that hurts their country like this. blows my mind how far some people can stick their heads up their backsides!

I've never bought anything. I assume it's all overpriced compared to what I could get at the mall. Is that incorrect?

Depends on what you might like to partake in. Alcohol and Cigarettes, in particular, are FAR cheaper than what you can usually buy at home for because of being tax and duty-free.

My husband smokes and we can buy 2 cartons of cigarettes on board for what 1 would cost at home.

Thus the allowance limits of how many you can buy tax-free, if you are sticking to the rules and not risking getting caught cheating.

The most we've spent was the year our underwater camera flooded on its maiden dive. We bought a gopro, case, handle since hubby had another dive coming up that week. Fortunately, we were able to retrieve what there was off the card of the flooded camera. We had been considering the gopro, but kind of glad now that we purchased it on board, as it was the same price as what we looked at on land and best of all, no taxes.

• 3 weeks later...