Worried- Transpacific Vancouver to Honolulu Cruise NCL Jewel

tx121

We will be boarding the NCL Jewel in a little over 1 week in route to Hawaii! Very excited. What worries me is 2 things.

First one being minor- as I hear the waters during a trans Pacific can be very rough. Have any others experienced this crossing and describe the sea conditions?

Second one is with the whole situation with the US and North Korea at the moment and their crazy president shooting missles into the Pacific. Who knows if he will try to shoot a longer range one close to Hawaii.Ugh! Can't we just have world peace?

seas on a TA are generally rougher, as you dont have the protection of land nearby. but it should not be crazy.

as for north korea, if its your day, its your day. go enjoy your cruise.

I have always believed that as well. If that was your day to go, then that is the day. At least my last days on earth would be on a cruise!! What a way to go, eh? lol

We have done the Transpacific cruises during this time of year via Hawaii from Los Angeles and the seas have been very calm.

As for North Korea; I'm sure that the rhetoric will be still going on by the time you get back to Canada.

We did Vancouver to Hawaii in Sept 2014, seas mostly smooth tho' obviously some underlying ocean swell. Very pleasant.

We had booked Jewel for HNL - PPT but had to cancel, couldn't afford airfare to get home!!

Have a great trip:)

As to the NK think... not much.. okay, nothing you can do. The good news, the world is REALLY big, so even a few missiles will easily miss you. Sorry if being a bit flip... but it just is nothing you or we can do with these children playing in the sand box.

We will be boarding the NCL Jewel in a little over 1 week in route to Hawaii! Very excited. What worries me is 2 things.

First one being minor- as I hear the waters during a trans Pacific can be very rough. Have any others experienced this crossing and describe the sea conditions?

Second one is with the whole situation with the US and North Korea at the moment and their crazy president shooting missles into the Pacific. Who knows if he will try to shoot a longer range one close to Hawaii.Ugh! Can't we just have world peace?

We are on the same cruise - have you joined the Roll Call? Please join us - we'll calm each other's nerves.

The waters from Tsawwassen to Vancouver Island, from Dover to Calais, from Wellington to Picton can be very rough. The sea anywhere in the world can be very rough. You are on a large vessel with great stabilizers enjoy the cruise, even rough waters will be smoothed on the Jewel!! The captain will keep you out of danger.