P&O for the Americas

ONT-CA

Sorry to have included a P&O site in my thread that had booking references and as such was so removed. But I wanted to discuss this new direction P&O is taking, which is much to our liking. So I'll just cut and paste the part that I wanted to share to find some feedback on the idea of having us share your wonderful cruise line.

"For more than 170 years, Britain's favorite cruise line has dedicated its fleet to the British cruise passenger. But now, for the first time, P&O Cruises is bringing the company's unrivalled experience, innovation and professionalism to the Americas.

Residents of the U.S., Canada and Central America can now sail P&O on stylish and contemporary cruises of the Mediterranean, Caribbean, South America, Scandinavia and other destinations--even around the world.

Leave your everyday life behind...there's a world out there."

Sorry to have included a P&O site in my thread that had booking references and as such was so removed. But I wanted to discuss this new direction P&O is taking, which is much to our liking. So I'll just cut and paste the part that I wanted to share to find some feedback on the idea of having us share your wonderful cruise line.

"For more than 170 years, Britain's favorite cruise line has dedicated its fleet to the British cruise passenger. But now, for the first time, P&O Cruises is bringing the company's unrivalled experience, innovation and professionalism to the Americas.

Residents of the U.S., Canada and Central America can now sail P&O on stylish and contemporary cruises of the Mediterranean, Caribbean, South America, Scandinavia and other destinations--even around the world.

Leave your everyday life behind...there's a world out there."

It is nice to see this thread revived. It is good that there is an online site that our North American cousins can enjoy the p&o experience. We would love to see more of you on our cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very positive reactions to more North American cruisers joining p&o. More diversity.

OK. So I guess that your inference is that nobody should have a contrary view? I cannot see the point of asking for views if only positive responses are permitted! Some of us like the Britishness of P&O and wouldn’t entertain, for example, going on an American ship operating from the U.K. Others will welcome it and may currently avoid P&O like the plague because of the Britishness. The point is that P&O currently has a point of difference in being marketed to a U.K. rather than international market and this suggests that this approach is changing. For me, that’s not a positive move and I am perfectly entitled to have that opinion, just as others are perfectly entitied to think it’s a positive change.

OK. So I guess that your inference is that nobody should have a contrary view? I cannot see the point of asking for views if only positive responses are permitted! Some of us like the Britishness of P&O and wouldn’t entertain, for example, going on an American ship operating from the U.K. Others will welcome it and may currently avoid P&O like the plague because of the Britishness. The point is that P&O currently has a point of difference in being marketed to a U.K. rather than international market and this suggests that this approach is changing. For me, that’s not a positive move and I am perfectly entitled to have that opinion, just as others are perfectly entitied to think it’s a positive change.

Perhaps I should reiterate in saying that we as Canadians recently concluded and thoroughly enjoyed our first cruise with P&O. It was a little difficult booking the Caribbean cruise as it was presented as a cruise with flight that, in our case needed no flight included and expressed in pounds but payable in US dollars at a price dependent on the exchange rate but with no cabin assignment. Some cross check delays with the UK were required.

We arranged our own flight from Toronto direct to Barbados arriving in five hours with but one hour time change. We entered into that humungous port terminal with a mile and a half of roped off people lines, we being the only two people in the building. It certainly was different. We were unable to book a repeat for 2019 with the desk aboard but did so when we arrived home and did so in the simplest of transactions so it's now a functioning system. What prompted this thread was my telling a table of Brits that we were having a wonderful time and were anxious to tell the folks at home. More than one reply, humourous or otherwise, was "please don't".

Good spot DaiB. Fake news.

If you actually Google it then you will find that the OP is honestly quoting from a website (which has not been updated re the P&O timeline as Dai has pointed out) which is stating that P&O are marketing to the Americas.

I can't post a link as it is a commercial travel agent who has set up the page with P&O logos etc on it. It's only when you look at the bottom small print that you realise it's not an official P&O page so anyone who is not used to the look and feel of the P&O uk site could easily think that it was.

So P&O holidays are being marketed to "the Americas" all be it not officially through P&O (but this company may of course be an agent?)

If you actually Google it then you will find that the OP is honestly quoting from a website (which has not been updated re the P&O timeline as Dai has pointed out) which is stating that P&O are marketing to the Americas.

I can't post a link as it is a commercial travel agent who has set up the page with P&O logos etc on it. It's only when you look at the bottom small print that you realise it's not an official P&O page so anyone who is not used to the look and feel of the P&O uk site could easily think that it was.

So P&O holidays are being marketed to "the Americas" all be it not officially through P&O (but this company may of course be an agent?)

It is the only American agent that can deal with p&o as mentioned previously on this forum by p&o itself.

Ah, I see. Thanks. Of course, a travel agent marketing P&O cruises is an entirely different matter to P&O targeting the North American market. Given the inaccuracy in the text I think it is safe to assume that it is the former.

It is the only American agent that can deal with p&o as mentioned previously on this forum by p&o itself.

P&O doesn’t post on this forum but, as I didn’t see the original thread can I just ask - has this travel agent booked P&O cruises for some time or is this a brand new arrangement? Obviously if it’s the former then nothing has changed.

P&O doesn’t post on this forum but, as I didn’t see the original thread can I just ask - has this travel agent booked P&O cruises for some time or is this a brand new arrangement? Obviously if it’s the former then nothing has changed.

They have booked for some time. It was mentioned in a question and answer item by p&o which was on this forum.

They have booked for some time. It was mentioned in a question and answer item by p&o which was on this forum.

If this agent has been booking P&O cruises for some time then there is no story here. Many thanks for clarifying.

If this agent has been booking P&O cruises for some time then there is no story here. Many thanks for clarifying.

Correct. The agent in question has a very good website and lists P&O cruises. It has a section with massive reductions on cruises for many lines up to 80% of in some cases.

P&O discounts are more like 5% to 10%.

I cannot tell you the name as I would have to shoot you. Or something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I take it that this was a company plan back in '09 but they've quitely shelved it?

My apologies for the confusion. The Google site did say it was the official P&O site. After scores of cruises taken over the years, the original difficulties in obtaining a booking for P&O 2018 in comparison to the ease and simplicity of that of our 2019 made us believe we had entered into a new system. And having enjoyed our first P&O cruise so much wanted to direct anyone interested in these ship sailings to the means of booking. Before doing so however, we thought to first test the waters so to speak.