Harvest Caye Status

jpcdds6

NCL continues their complete silence. It was supposed to be ready for my Feb 14 cruise but someone on FB posted theirs was changed back to Belize City so I looked and mine has also been changed back.

I' happy to go to either but the total lack of communication from NCL is disappointing to say the least :mad::mad::mad:

It would be nice if NCL got their act together and actually COMMUNICATED to their customers what was going on. They don't seem to realize/care that most people don't take vacations everyday and that we plan and look forward to this time. Our family is pretty laid back, but it's hard to make informed decisions without necessary information. IMO the continual lack of information diminishes the company's brand.

There is a thread on here somewhere that said newest target date for opening is February 16, 2016,

Edited to add: I found the thread by using the search function for this forum for Harvest Caye

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2215381&highlight=harvest+caye

I'm surprised you haven't gotten an email from NCL since the thread cited was started by someone who got an email in May from NCL with the information.

The actual email is in the thread, posted by someone else. So more than one person received that email.

Edited by NMLady

Up until last week my cruise for Feb 14, 2016 on Star out of Tampa had us in Harvest Caye. Sometime last week it was changed back to Belize City. No email or communication in any form from NCL....
When they changed Harvest Caye for my cruise, it was a couple weeks after the change on my itinerary that they sent me an email, so yours could still be coming.

Construction is ongoing with the target opening date still set for February 2016. Harvest Caye is the subject of a Belizean Supreme Court case. The government allegedly fast-tracked approvals for NCL to begin construction by illegally repurposing a environmental impact assessment (EIA) that had been written for an earlier development that did not move forward.

It's likely that this case will go nowhere, and NCL will get its private island. I'm scheduled to visit Harvest Caye in March, and it still shows up in my itinerary.

Edited by barnacle_boy

It would be nice if NCL got their act together and actually COMMUNICATED to their customers what was going on. They don't seem to realize/care that most people don't take vacations everyday and that we plan and look forward to this time. Our family is pretty laid back, but it's hard to make informed decisions without necessary information. IMO the continual lack of information diminishes the company's brand.

In addition the excursion offerings out of Belize City are somewhat sparse.

I say no communication because I sail the week before you and have gotten NO communication; no email, no letter, no nothing. I have called NCL and spoken to the shore excursion rep about my cruise going from 76 excursions down to 54 and she couldn't tell me why yet during our discussion of excursions some weren't available because of the timing. Turns out our port time in Cozumel was cut. Now during the changes at the beginning of August I looked carefully at our itinerary so I know the changes were not made then, but now I have less port time. Again no communication from NCL. Yes I understand they have the right to make changes, but a little courtesy goes a long way in customer satisfaction. Goodness knows they have my email address, I get at least 5 emails a week trying to sell me something.:rolleyes:

I don't know why some are saying no communication - I got the email back a ways and my next cruise isn't until March/April.

I also say no communication because I have had NONE! We have two cabins booked on the Star in March, if it weren't for CC, I would be clueless.

Well, if they don't have it ready for December 2016, I guess Belize City is not a bad alternative for me....[emoji52] I'll be honest, I don't see it ready even then and I'm okay with that, kinda.....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Well, if they don't have it ready for December 2016, I guess Belize City is not a bad alternative for me....[emoji52] I'll be honest, I don't see it ready even then and I'm okay with that, kinda.....

I'm with you that I will be ok, kinda... I was thinking about a short boat ride to hopefully see the Manatees and then lounging on the beach hopefully enjoying the UBP. Going into Belize offers more private excursions so i am OK with Belize City area.

I'm with you that I will be ok, kinda... I was thinking about a short boat ride to hopefully see the Manatees and then lounging on the beach hopefully enjoying the UBP. Going into Belize offers more private excursions so i am OK with Belize City area.

For me, I don't have buy an excursion at all but if its not ready, I buy one in Belize City from NCL or private one, so not a biggie to me.

Edited by maywell

I sail over Thanksgiving, have had the cruise booked since last winter, and NEVER received any communication about not going to Harvest Caye. As usual, I get my info here.

Personally, I'm okay with Belize City because we can cave tube and zip line again. It's too far from Harvest Caye for that to happen once the ships only stop there.