Staying at The Queen Mary, can you walk to Port of Long Beach?

rene194215

So I will be staying at the Queen Mary before a cruise and I was told you can walk to the terminal in the AM? Does anyone know this to be true? What I am actually doing is getting off one ship on a Monday and staying at the Queen Mary for 2 days then getting on another ship. So really I need to find out if you can walk from the terminal to Queen Mary and then Queen Mary to the terminal.

Thank you!!!

So I will be staying at the Queen Mary before a cruise and I was told you can walk to the terminal in the AM? Does anyone know this to be true? What I am actually doing is getting off one ship on a Monday and staying at the Queen Mary for 2 days then getting on another ship. So really I need to find out if you can walk from the terminal to Queen Mary and then Queen Mary to the terminal.

Thank you!!!

ADDITIONAL details- I have looked on Google Maps and I know how close the hotel is to the port. I just am not sure of there are barriers or if there is a specific path? I don't want to get run over walking with my luggage.

You will love staying on the QM. We have done it twice, many years ago. It reeks of history.

Thank you!!! I’m super excited and a little scared lol. I have been reading up on her. How the pool area will most likely never open and other ghost stories [emoji79]. But I have always been fascinated by the Titanic and although the Queen Mary is bigger I am sure there are similarities in parts of the ship!! I cannot wait to take the tour!!!

Also thank you to Husky61 and SadieN!! I appreciate it!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One thought..... Do confirm that you are actually boarding in the Port of Long Beach (which is very close to the Queen Mary) and not from the San Pedro Cruise Ship Terminal, which would require a taxi.

One thought..... Do confirm that you are actually boarding in the Port of Long Beach (which is very close to the Queen Mary) and not from the San Pedro Cruise Ship Terminal, which would require a taxi.

Looking at Rene's signature line: 15 cruises, every single one of them Carnival (Not something I would do, but you've got to admire the loyalty!)...So, yeah, the OP is on Carnival...and cruising out of Long Beach...

Looking at Rene's signature line: 15 cruises, every single one of them Carnival (Not something I would do, but you've got to admire the loyalty!)...So, yeah, the OP is on Carnival...and cruising out of Long Beach...

Good catch! :)

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cruisefr/a-visit-to-the-queen-mary-hotel-in-long-beach-ca-t4546.html

This is a review I did of our day/night on the QM in Jan. If CC allows the link. EM

Thanks for posting the link to that great review! My mother came across from Britain to Canada as a war guest, and had stories that second class passengers would be called when a bath had been drawn for them. The steward would clean out the bath between passengers and then draw it for the next one.