Miami: Super Shuttle- Good/bad where do they meet passengers flying Delta??

Newbie545

Booked flights but not shuttle yet.

We like Jiffy Jeff out of FLL but they said wouldn't do MIA to POM.

Just looking to see if Super shuttle is good or bad. Heard some horror stories of some shuttle services in miami. We prefer to fly into FLL but this time will be Miami as the ship sails earlier an figure direct flight to Miami will make it easier/quicker.

Where do they pick you up when flying on Delta?

Just heading from MIA to POM? :confused: A flat rate taxi is $27+tip - same price for standard cabs and SUV/ minivan taxis in case you have a larger group or someone packs like my wife!

Uber is another option - should be about $18 to get you from MIA airport to POM.

Taxi is faster than SS

with the shuttle you need to wait for the bus to load up

JMO

You can prebook a private ride from Supershuttle. Have always been on time (or quite early) for us, and drivers very pleasant. If more than 2 or 3 rates are competitive to shared shuttle charges per person. But if only 2 of you agree with just grabbing a taxi.

You can prebook a private ride from Supershuttle. Have always been on time (or quite early) for us, and drivers very pleasant. If more than 2 or 3 rates are competitive to shared shuttle charges per person. But if only 2 of you agree with just grabbing a taxi.

Usually just 2 of us so never looked into SS

I guess if you a a large group SS would work better

A taxi van will seat at least 4 with bags & still only $27

YMMV

We had a different experience when we landed in Miami last Wed morning, taxi wouldn't honor the flat rate so on principal we refused to go for the metered rate and grabbed a shuttle instead. We actually got lucky and were the only 2 people in the shuttle. No eating involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a different experience when we landed in Miami last Wed morning, taxi wouldn't honor the flat rate so on principal we refused to go for the metered rate and grabbed a shuttle instead. We actually got lucky and were the only 2 people in the shuttle. No eating involved.

No waiting. Damn auto correct. [emoji16]

Where were you going? Your cab driver sounds like the crooks in Philly! :mad: If the cab driver refuses to honor the posted rate just call over one of the local cops -- and then stiff him on the tip!

Drivers like that are a major reason why I almost exclusively user Uber or Lyft.

I see no reason to get a SS. If its just two of you get an Uber. If its a larger group get a taxi and ask the airport employee who gets the taxis for a SUV or Van. POM is 15-25min drive from MIA. A little bit longer if its during morning rush hour.

Where were you going? Your cab driver sounds like the crooks in Philly! :mad: If the cab driver refuses to honor the posted rate just call over one of the local cops -- and then stiff him on the tip!

Drivers like that are a major reason why I almost exclusively user Uber or Lyft.

We were going to the Hampton Inn brickell. The sign at the taxi stand clearly states a flat rate of $27, but both the driver and woman working the stand insisted there was no flat rate. We decided on the shuttle for $27 and would have been happy sharing it with others, but got lucky and ended up alone.

Unless something has changed the flat rate fare applies between MIA and POM - going to a downtown hotel you should be on the meter, but the fare will likely be in the range of $25-30, or you can Uber/Lyft for about $15-18

Unless something has changed the flat rate fare applies between MIA and POM - going to a downtown hotel you should be on the meter, but the fare will likely be in the range of $25-30, or you can Uber/Lyft for about $15-18

First time in Miami, so I guess I read the "eye chart" on the pillar wrong. [emoji33]

Both DW and I are over 6' tall and with two extra large suitcases and carry-ons wasn't sure a regular Uber / Lyft would have worked which is why I priced an Uber XL.

Regardless, we had a comfortable ride to the hotel and gave the shuttle driver $35 for a $27 fare.