Three Days on Equinox - Trip Report with Pictures

CruisinCrow

Happy Super Bowl Sunday, Everyone! I finally finished my trip report about our Equinox cruise on January 17. This was a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas. It's more of a journal than a review so if you don't like those, please feel free to skip this post. :) For the ones who read on, I hope you enjoy it.

For a little background, I am 50 years old, live in Florida and traveled with my husband. We've been on many cruises together since our honeymoon cruise (long, long ago) but now we tend to stick with the 3- and 4-day cruises and save our longer trips for land-based vacations. I love Celebrity and really wish they offered more short cruises! We were very happy to find this one.

http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2018/02/three-days-on-celebrity-equinox.html

I wanted to add so nice they had such a short one that worked for you.

Keith

Thank you! They only have a couple a year so we thrilled to find one at the time we wanted to go. They were offering some nice prices for Florida residents too at the time we booked so we were able to get a balcony cabin. Bonus! :)

I just wanted to add that I talk a lot about eating gluten free in my report because that was a new experience for me. I do not have celiac disease so I didn't have to worry about cross-contamination the way someone with celiac would have to. From what I've read here on Cruise Critic, people with gluten restrictions can meet with the head waiter each night to plan their meals for the next night. I did not take advantage of this but just tried to the best I could to avoid gluten. I thought Celebrity did a great job with their gluten free options and with their knowledgeable staff. I loved the gf pasta at the pasta station. My only complaint was the lack of choices for desserts in the dining room and in the buffet. The desserts seemed to be mainly mousses or jellos or creme brulee, although I did find chocolate cake one day in the buffet. I found out after the cruise that Cafe al Bacio has gluten free cakes and cookies. Darn, I wish I had known that! :) But now I know for our next Celebrity or Royal Caribbean cruise.

I just wanted to add that I talk a lot about eating gluten free in my report because that was a new experience for me. I do not have celiac disease so I didn't have to worry about cross-contamination the way someone with celiac would have to. From what I've read here on Cruise Critic, people with gluten restrictions can meet with the head waiter each night to plan their meals for the next night. I did not take advantage of this but just tried to the best I could to avoid gluten. I thought Celebrity did a great job with their gluten free options and with their knowledgeable staff. I loved the gf pasta at the pasta station. My only complaint was the lack of choices for desserts in the dining room and in the buffet. The desserts seemed to be mainly mousses or jellos or creme brulee, although I did find chocolate cake one day in the buffet. I found out after the cruise that Cafe al Bacio has gluten free cakes and cookies. Darn, I wish I had known that! :) But now I know for our next Celebrity or Royal Caribbean cruise.

Loved your review and your pictures!! Thank you for posting all the info. about GF. I too have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and have been put on a GF diet. I will be on Equinox in March which will be my first cruise since the diagnosis and I am happy to know that their offerings, including pasta are extensive.

Christina

Loved your review and your pictures!! Thank you for posting all the info. about GF. I too have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and have been put on a GF diet. I will be on Equinox in March which will be my first cruise since the diagnosis and I am happy to know that their offerings, including pasta are extensive.

Christina

A fellow Hashimoto! Aren't we lucky. ;) They have pizza at the buffet too. It takes a little longer because they make it for you right then. I didn't try it but talked to a woman who did. She said they used gloves and a separate oven so no cross-contamination. Our waiters in the dining room were really helpful.

CruisinCrow...Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. We will be doing a B2B cruise on the Equinox in March (24th and 31st). We also have Select Dining. What floor was SD on?

It was on the 2nd floor of the restaurant, which was Deck 4. Have a great cruise!

We will be on the EQUINOX in May & I heard that they have dis-continued the glass blowing, is that true??

george35

I heard the same thing on a Facebook group. That makes me so sad! The glass show was one of my favorite parts of the cruise. It was so interesting and unique. I feel bad for the glassblowers too.

• 1 month later...

I am so glad to have read a GF review! We sailed Equinox last July and are doing the same itinerary this July. I did Whole 30 since and I have figured out that eliminating (or at least majorly lowering my gluten intake) seems to really cut down my chronic migraines. I am glad to hear there are options at the buffet as well as in the MDR. I am typically happy with a steak so that won't really be a problem finding food. I guess I may cheat a tiny bit for deserts! However hearing that there will be options at Cafe al Baccio helps too :D

Musik07, I'm so glad my review was helpful.

They had these in the buffet one day (gluten free). They were good. I wish they'd had more options like that the rest of the trip. At least now I know to check the coffee shop.

enhance