EXC Price Guarantee

wesport

Your ignorance* about this is understandable, since you only use and only advocate for HAL shorex. Reputable private tour operators also pay the costs associated with getting pax to the next port, if needed...

While we have only used HAL-affiliated shore excursions in recent years, when we first started cruising, we did look into third party excursions and, much to our chagrin, never had one of them agree to pay our costs of getting to the next port if we missed the ship because of their failure to return us from an excursion on time. We asked this question to more than a dozen such providers and got the same answer from all of them - sorry we can't afford to provide that service, but we will get you back on time!!!

Since you made the unqualified claim that "Reputable private tour operators also pay the costs associated with getting pax to the next port, if needed.", it is now incumbent on you to provide the names of those tour operators, so that our fellow CCers can be fully informed. Better yet, give us the names and contact info of other folks for whom these tour operators have actually paid these costs.

So, while I am admittedly ignorant in a lot of areas, this is not one of them. I have done my research on this matter and stand by everything I have posted.

It does work.

Our Oct. 28 itinerary on the Nieuw Amsterdam has been changing...and changing...and changing. So when Punta Cana was added a week or so ago, I started researching what to do.

In a dozen cruises we have only booked ship excursions a couple of times so I looked for private tours. I did find one, but when I emailed for information was told that I MUST book through the cruise. Since this is a tender port and the cruise is so close I just gave up and booked the HAL excursion that seemed the same.

I saw the 110% guarantee on the HAL website and submitted a claim. In less than 24 hours, I got a reply that it had been approved. The price difference isn't much, but we will be getting the refund in the form of OBC.

I'm pretty sure the tour operator is the same one that I initially emailed so I am getting the best of both worlds...the tour I wanted and NOW at a (very slightly) cheaper price!

Well done!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

So, less that two business days later, after I submitted the request for a price adjustment, I got an email that I was approved. $122 pp obc. If you do the research, book through HAL EXC, and do the form. A good way to get more mariner days with onboard spend. Just research the tours before you book through HAL to make sure they are identical. Not that hard. The interesting thing is that it came from EXC tour @princess.com. I guess EXC is one office.

So, less that two business days later, after I submitted the request for a price adjustment, I got an email that I was approved. $122 pp obc. If you do the research, book through HAL EXC, and do the form. A good way to get more mariner days with onboard spend. Just research the tours before you book through HAL to make sure they are identical. Not that hard. The interesting thing is that it came from EXC tour @princess.com. I guess EXC is one office.

Congrats and thanks for your very positive Post.

Smooth sailing (y) (y) (y)

That's great! Thanks for reporting back.

I booked the Stanley Point in the Falkland Islands. HAL price was $359.95. Found it on a third party (major tour operator worldwide) for $249.00. Identical tours. It does say you have to find it on a third party website. I guess if you book it directly it doesn't count.

All of this sounds great, just wish I had found this several years ago when we went to Hawaii. Saw Hal's price for a Luau in Lahaina. I think it was about 150 pp and we did it independently for about 85 - 90 pp. But the difference was our luau was so much better. Sure if was the same place, but we had front row seats, beautiful flower necklace (can't remember the name of them for some reason) while the people on the HAL excursions had back row seats and plastic necklaces! I know this because I met one of our cc members at the luau and she was very disappointed at the whole thing. Not to mention they arrived way after we did (after the dinner had begun). For this experience I would not have traded our experience for any money back though.

Don't get me wrong. I have used HAL excursions. I use them when we have a short time in port or the distance is far from the ship. But if possible we like the smaller tours.

I usually spend hours researching ports and tours through HAL and privately. Usually end up with a 50/50 mix. They just started the price match guarantee. For the most part, I can't really say I have had a bad private or HAL tour. Some have been mediocre, but never that bad. I read on some post about people on the Falklands being left behind, so that's why I decided to do the HAL tour.

I booked the Stanley Point in the Falkland Islands. HAL price was $359.95. Found it on a third party (major tour operator worldwide) for $249.00. Identical tours. It does say you have to find it on a third party website. I guess if you book it directly it doesn't count.

Please let us know if you submit this for the price guarantee and what the outcome is. I will be booking this tour in the future for a 2019 cruise.

While we have only used HAL-affiliated shore excursions in recent years, when we first started cruising, we did look into third party excursions and, much to our chagrin, never had one of them agree to pay our costs of getting to the next port if we missed the ship because of their failure to return us from an excursion on time. We asked this question to more than a dozen such providers and got the same answer from all of them - sorry we can't afford to provide that service, but we will get you back on time!!!

Since you made the unqualified claim that "Reputable private tour operators also pay the costs associated with getting pax to the next port, if needed.", it is now incumbent on you to provide the names of those tour operators, so that our fellow CCers can be fully informed. Better yet, give us the names and contact info of other folks for whom these tour operators have actually paid these costs.

So, while I am admittedly ignorant in a lot of areas, this is not one of them. I have done my research on this matter and stand by everything I have posted.

Your attempt to deflect, misdirect, and confuse is unsuccessful. You provided incorrect information that only HAL will pay to get pax to another port. Own your error, or don't, that's up to you.

I see you active in a number of Tour threads today. Perhaps you will find some enlightenment from other posters.

Within one day I got the price back in an obc of $122 pp.

Please let us know if you submit this for the price guarantee and what the outcome is. I will be booking this tour in the future for a 2019 cruise.

Your attempt to deflect, misdirect, and confuse is unsuccessful. You provided incorrect information that only HAL will pay to get pax to another port. Own your error, or don't, that's up to you...

Not so - I said that none of the dozens of independent tour operators whom I asked would agree to pay to get us to the next port if we missed our ship due to their tour not returning on time. In turn, HAL's agreement to get passengers to the next port in such events is well established, being set forth, inter alia, in the Shore Excursions brochure online. As such, all of the information I provided is 100% correct.

Now, it's your turn to provide information that supports your categorical claim that "Reputable private tour operators also pay the costs associated with getting pax to the next port, if needed." Please provide the names of those tour operators, so that our fellow CCers can be fully informed. Better yet, give us the names and contact info of other folks for whom these tour operators have actually paid these costs. In a word, put up or shut up.

Not so - I said that none of the dozens of independent tour operators whom I asked would agree to pay to get us to the next port if we missed our ship due to their tour not returning on time.

what you didn't say is if this was a true private tour or just a general tour that you were joining. There is a difference between joining a general independent tour and a private tour. Generally speaking the guarantees are referenced to private tours.

In turn, HAL's agreement to get passengers to the next port in such events is well established, being set forth, inter alia, in the Shore Excursions brochure online. As such, all of the information I provided is 100% correct.

No, what they say and what happens isn't always true. They may get you to the next port that they can, but it may not be the next port it may be several later and it may not be the best possible arrangements, hotels or meals. A bit of reading might be helpful to you.

Now, it's your turn to provide information that supports your categorical claim that "Reputable private tour operators also pay the costs associated with getting pax to the next port, if needed." Please provide the names of those tour operators, so that our fellow CCers can be fully informed. Better yet, give us the names and contact info of other folks for whom these tour operators have actually paid these costs. In a word, put up or shut up.

Please see above in red. And who are you to tell someone to put up or shut up??? Venn knows of what they speak. Since you have not done private tours, you do not.

LIke Venn, I am not about to list 50 tour operators for places you are probably not going to. I don't have the time or the energy. The ports boards is a good place to visit. Post your question and if I have used an operator there, I, like many others are happy to help.

But, I will give you an example to satisfy your doubting mind - Years ago, a highly reputable company, Rome in Limo (Italy) missed the ship through no fault of theirs. So did several ship's excursions.

The private tour participants were taken to a lovely restaurant for dinner and drinks, put up in a hotel for the night (very nice one) and driven to their next port of call - all on Rome in Limo. It was the only time that tour company has ever missed the ship in 100's of tours (probably 1000's now) over the years - but basically the only thing that the cruisers missed was dinner on board and night in the bed on the ship. Reports at the time made by those on that tour were astounding. Much better, by the way than those stuck in Alaska on a HAL excursion. Rather than get lambasted, Rome in Limo got rave reviews by how they handled the situation and they earned a HUGE following on the Ports boards.

A visit to the ports boards may benefit you hugely and perhaps an education between the difference of a truly private tour and a "group" tour and how to discuss by email with private group operators. I have certainly not had issues.

Edited by kazu

No. I've done my research. You do it yourself. Or don't. You're the one who wants the info, you go find it, just like I did.

This deserves a "Like" button.:D

Plus, if people want to get into a side-issue argument, they really should know what they are talking about.

I have found the Ignore list here on CC an invaluable tool for ignoring posters such as the one to whom you refer...

I used to use it, and have resorted back to it in recent times. Sad really, that there is a need as it used to be so much more friendly on this website.