Cabin Inquiry

jetsfan58

First cruise I was in R1 on Elation which is just below that. There is noise for about an hour before arriving at and leaving ports. Some have said it's the anchor. Some have said it's something else. That's one floor up and a few rooms down so I don't know how bad it would be but this is what it was like on riviera

7GxqSwa39Ls

Thank you Saint Greg for your rapid response. We had just heard different opinions about being that far forward. Did you feel any unusual movement? That's our fear of feeling the motion of the ship. The price is really great and I hate to pass it up. Thanks

Thank you Saint Greg for your rapid response. We had just heard different opinions about being that far forward. Did you feel any unusual movement? That's our fear of feeling the motion of the ship. The price is really great and I hate to pass it up. Thanks

A little bit of movement but nothing bad. The bad movement I felt on that ship was on higher decks.

We have stayed in porthole cabins many times. We really like them. But as others have there are some noise issues. If the seas are high, the bow crashing through waves can shake the entire cabin. The noise coming into and leaving the port are the bow thrusters, they can be very loud.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

isn't interior porthole an oxymoron, an interior would not have a window or it would be an exterior, which does not have a window.

Carnival prices porthole and French door cabins as "interior." This allows them to include similarly priced cabins in the same general category even though cabins are on an exterior wall of the ship.

We always book forward in portholes. Yes you do hear something when you dock-but aren't you ready to be awake and getting ready for breakfast and exciting day?

If the seas are rough you will feel the motion of the ocean. We were in R 2 front of the ship during tropical storm Sean, and were bounced around so much the first night, we clung to the mattress! But neither DH nor I get seasick, so we had a blast. (it was rough on everyone) but after 8 cruises in a port hole, price wise, it is always my choice. Cabin is bigger on the Elation than a window cabin.

I say book it!

DH VERY prone to motion sickness and we always need to book middle of the ship, so far forward or aft would not make for a pleasant cruise for him. Too much movement and much more noise (mechanical in most cases) on the lower decks for sure.

We stay right in the middle about half way up with a balcony (typically deck 7 and never cove, not a fan) for fresh air and a private outside space, it helps DH. It took us a couple of mistakes in the beginning of our cruising life to discover our magic cabin formula. You will eventually find yours, have a blast!

If you're not going to spend much time in the cabin and the price is good, it's something to consider.

We were in a cabin on deck 2 right at the front of the ship and wouldn't choose it again. In addition to the anchor on port days, we heard a ton of really loud banging from the waves hitting the front of the ship. It was quite noisy and there was more movement than we like.

But, it's up to you - if the price is right and you go into it knowing what to expect, it might not be too bad.