Liberty - Giovanni's, Sabor prices?

Carguylee

Curious if anyone who has been on Liberty recently knows what the prices for Giovanni's and Sabor were?

We are going on Liberty this Sunday after taking the 100% cruise credit from 9/9 Harmony. On the Liberty cruise planner, it shows Giovanni's from $21, and Sabor from $19...however when you pull up the sample menu it shows ala carte pricing for Sabor. I found Liberty August 2017 Compasses on another blog...they show both $30 so was curious if anyone knew.

Thanks in advance

Sabor on Liberty is not a la carte...I think it is that way only on Oasis class.

Prices vary by ship and even by cruise. But "regular" prices on Liberty (if there is such a thing on Royal) are: Chops about $35-$40, Giovanni's about $30-$35, and Sabor about $25-$30. But...who knows what the walk in price will be on your cruise!

The prices you mentioned (Giovanni's $21 and Sabor $19) are good sale prices. Best deal, if offered on your cruise, is First Night Done Right (FNDR) which is any specialty restaurant for $15pp (only good for the first night).

Sabor on Liberty is not a la carte...I think it is that way only on Oasis class.

Prices vary by ship and even by cruise. But "regular" prices on Liberty (if there is such a thing on Royal) are: Chops about $35-$40, Giovanni's about $30-$35, and Sabor about $25-$30. But...who knows what the walk in price will be on your cruise!

The prices you mentioned (Giovanni's $21 and Sabor $19) are good sale prices. Best deal, if offered on your cruise, is First Night Done Right (FNDR) which is any specialty restaurant for $15pp (only good for the first night).

Both my wife and I used to eat at Sabors for $19. Certainly won't be shelling out $19pp (sale price) to eat there let alone $25-$30.

That's highway robbery!:eek:

Bill

I think I would like to take advantage of FNDR (just checked and it is $15). I can't decide which restaurant to choose!!;p which is your favorite?

I think I would like to take advantage of FNDR (just checked and it is $15). I can't decide which restaurant to choose!!;p which is your favorite?

technically, you don't choose. that's the whole point.. for such a good deal, they will decide for you what restaurant you will be eating at.

now you MIGHT be able to switch locations once on board if you don't like where you were assigned, but you cannot be 100% guaranteed the site or time of your preferences.

technically, you don't choose. that's the whole point.. for such a good deal, they will decide for you what restaurant you will be eating at.

now you MIGHT be able to switch locations once on board if you don't like where you were assigned, but you cannot be 100% guaranteed the site or time of your preferences.

I have not had any problems switching restaurants on Liberty did this a few months ago and also last year, 1st night will be crowded since Giovanni's normally has mystery dinner, which forces you to choose one of the 2 others

Also just off Liberty. I booked FNDR online and went to Chops after boarding and asked if I could use it there. They scheduled me without issues. On the August 20th cruise Chops was $39 for dinner and $19 for lunch, Sabor was $30 for dinner and $19 for lunch and Giovanni's was $30 for dinner and $15 for lunch. Definitely but it online as you will save a lot compared to booking it onboard.

Also just off Liberty. I booked FNDR online and went to Chops after boarding and asked if I could use it there. They scheduled me without issues. On the August 20th cruise Chops was $39 for dinner and $19 for lunch, Sabor was $30 for dinner and $19 for lunch and Giovanni's was $30 for dinner and $15 for lunch. Definitely but it online as you will save a lot compared to booking it onboard.

This is my first RC cruise and I have the FNDR. My question is, Do I go directly to chops after boarding to reschedule or do I go to my cabin first? How will I know which venue I have been assigned?:)

This is my first RC cruise and I have the FNDR. My question is, Do I go directly to chops after boarding to reschedule or do I go to my cabin first? How will I know which venue I have been assigned?:)

I am given to understand the reservation information is in your cabin when you board. so, depending on when you board is whether or not you n need to go to a restaurant( you should not have to go to the one you want to eat at, they should be able to schedule any Specialty dining venue at any of the locations) first to find out the logistics.

we will be doing it ourselves for the first time in December on Rhapsody. we like all of the options so really don't care where we end up. we also could care less about any production shows so am pretty flexible about time as well.

we are tacking on a 3 night dining package as well, unless some major changes to the MDR menu occur. we are bored with them right now. we have been known to make a meal out of the nightly hot appetizers the Concierge lounge as well.

I went directly to Chops. I never received any paperwork in my room about FNDR.

I went directly to Chops. I never received any paperwork in my room about FNDR.

Same here. We've done FNDR several times and have never received notice of our first night reservations. Like you, we head to Chops and make the reservation. Never had a problem getting in at the time we wanted.

When we were on Allure last year we ordered chips and guacamole with a couple of margaritas. Can I do this on Liberty?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We asked and they said no. Have to pay the $30pp and no "to go" options. Loved being able to stop by Sabor on Harmony in March for just the chips and guacamole. But it was a no go on Liberty.

We're just off Liberty. To book the specialty restaurants on board without a BOGO coupon or any other promotion- Chops was $38, and both Sabors and Giovannis was $30.

On the Aug. 29th Brilliance cruise it was $35 for Chop's (used the D+ bogo on 2nd nite), and $29 for Giovanni's (pre-cruise planner it was $25.)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies. Giovannis was $30 dinner, $20 for lunch the first sea day and $15 for lunch the other two sea days. Sabor was $30 for dinner and $20 for lunch. Chops was $39 for dinner and $19 for lunch.

We did first night done right and as someone on here mentioned Giovanni's was booked with mystery dinner, so you had to choose between the other two.

• 7 months later...