Why ticket EZ Air at final payment?

palolake

Depends on the airline. Delta lets you choose as soon a you have your booking number.

But Delta might turn your aircraft around, as it nears it's destination, and return to the originating airport :).

Here is a link to the story if you have not heard:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6064513/Delta-flight-JFK-turns-half-way-journey-France-broken-toilet.html

Sometimes it seems like the big 3 US Airlines (Delta, United and American) manage to shoot themselves in the foot. This is certainly one of those cases.

Hank

So my understanding from here, is that after I reserve the flight in EZAir, then I got to pay for the tickets to make sure we get the seats we want. Is that correct? I gather I have to call Princess EZAir to pay? And is this spelled out anywhere? Thanks!

often you can request seats on ezair. then go into the airline's website, using the airline's confirmation code, and usually my seat requests have shown up there. i have not payed for flights ahead of time.

if seat requests on ezair are not available, my first call is to the airline to see if i can get seat assignments. only once have i had to have a ticketed (paid for) seat and i opted to wait and take my chances. i'm only 5 feet tall, so unlike your husband, i don't need extra leg room!

often you can request seats on ezair. then go into the airline's website, using the airline's confirmation code, and usually my seat requests have shown up there. i have not payed for flights ahead of time.

if seat requests on ezair are not available, my first call is to the airline to see if i can get seat assignments. only once have i had to have a ticketed (paid for) seat and i opted to wait and take my chances. i'm only 5 feet tall, so unlike your husband, i don't need extra leg room!

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know. There are a few flights in ez air that I see that are not on Deltas site. Maybe because of a Toronto connection? However the first class seats are about half of the airlines, and I was thinking of booking it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
I asked to be ticketed this week for a cruise in January. The price has gone up a lot since I re fared once and I can't imagine it will go down over $300. I like my seats, I like my flight and I don't want anyone to mess with it.

The airline can still move your assigned seat especially if they have to change aircraft.

Well, I can see if they change planes they might have to change seats. However, one would think they would keep you in an identical class and it make a close substitute. I elected yo use a restrictive fare for June of next year, because I felt the price was right, so I will be disappointed if my seats change. The other thing that happened when I bought the tickets it was return only but since it was restricted EZ air thinks I cant change anything and I cant buy departure tickets thru ezair....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk