Party Cruise

auntylinda

Lots of factors....if it's during a "holiday" period, then yes...a 5 nighter could be a "party" cruise. The longer the cruise, the less you'll have folks trying to cram a week's worth of fun into a couple days!

But...even "spring break" cruises aren't much different than any other...maybe more kids and families. They do place an age limit on who can cruise alone, so you don't get THAT many "young adults" partying it up.

I was on a 3-day cruise in Dec. I'm about to go on a 4-day cruise. The Dec cruise had a few groups of younger types in the 21-24 year old range, but frankly the cruise was mostly families with a kid or three, usually mom and dad are thirty-something maybe early forties, or a bunch of older folks.

I think Carnival no allowing under-21s to drink has pushed a fair number of the party-animals to other venues.

I have heard that the shorter cruises tend to be more about partying. Would a 5 day still be in that category?

Cruises that are Thurs-Mon, Thurs-Sun.,Fri-Mon., etc., have younger people who are a little more eager to imbibe!;p

But also the time of year is important, June-Sept 1 is summer break, Christmas week and New Years week, and of course the month of March, Spring Break are 'livelier' dates!;p

I have heard that the shorter cruises tend to be more about partying. Would a 5 day still be in that category?

Hi

I think the question is more like, are you looking for a party and what defines "partying"?

If you are just talking about drinking, that happens on all cruises. If you are talking about people getting carried away, well that would depend on the people. The same would be if you are looking for a good time at one of the clubs...if they are "partying" somewhere else, it may seem boring.

So, my thought would be, if you are not looking for a party...it's a big ship. If you are looking for a party, it depends on who else is there. Those 3 & 4 day cruises have developed a reputation because with the drink packages (on any cruise line), some people just look at it as a good excuse to get drunk for 3-4 days. Of course if they were at home they wouldn't need an excuse. :)