Bringing beverages on board?

My husband and I have sailed with Royal Caribbean 4 times now. Each time were under the impression you are not allowed to bring water, soda, etc on board. I noticed a Dr. Pepper can last time we were on board which means someone had to have brought it on the ship. In addition, sometimes I see non-Evian bottled water.

We are sailing on the Oasis on April 27th and I'm curious if we can bring a case of water on board? Has anyone had an experience where they won't let you bring drinks on board? With the new 2 bottle of wine policy, I would think water wouldn't be an issue, but I wanted to double check.

The official rules state you cannot bring any beverages on board (with the exception of the wine now), however many bring both soda and water on board.

Depending on the port some will just put a luggage tag on a case of water and it will be delivered to your cabin. Other ports you are required to put that case of water, or whatever inside some type of luggage. We have brought a duffel in the past to put the water in, then used that duffel for all the extra stuff we seem to have going back home.

You can also carry your beverages on board, but remember the cabins are not open until after 1 so if you are on board before then yo may have to carry them around with you for a while.

There have been some reports, mostly around spring break time, where water is not allowed. Take it along but be prepared it might not make it, chances are slim, but they are there.

I just went on the Explorer and I brought an 18 pack of water, I just took 2 luggage tags and taped them on each side of the water. It did arrive with our luggage in our room. What we didn't use I left in room. Water is so cheap that if it didn't make it I was not out but $4.00 :)

We were just on Oasis for the 4/6 sailing and picked up a case of bottled water before heading to the pier where we placed a luggage tag on it, and are happy to report that it made it to our cabin with no issues.

As a previous poster noted, if it didn't arrive, we were only out like $5, plus the $5 tip to the porter for handling it, but it is nice to have on board.

happy sailings

A recent poster pointed out that they were able to buy DP on board by the can, but it was not available from the soda gun. I believe they even said a bartender gave them some cans on the soda card, but I think that was an exception. It was an RCCL post, but can't recall the ship or other details...

Back in September, we brought a 12 pack of bottled water onto the Allure by sticking a luggage tag on it and checking it with the rest of our bags. It was delivered to our stateroom that evening. The porters at Port Everglades seemed quite used to this, and even ensured that we had tagged it and said "no problem!"

We're also just off the Mariner and like the poster above, had no problems bringing another pack of bottled water on the same way.

If you bring wine do they take it and charge a corking fee?

No, you can take it in your carry-on. They only charge corkage if you take the bottle to the dining room (and even then, many people have reported that they didn't get charged).

Probably depends where you are sailing out of and what crew is working. Sailed on Enchantment 3 weeks ago out of baltimore. I was going to put tag on it and check it. When got to the pier, they said that i would have to carry it on myself. So I did, I walked it on the ship. No one else said anything about me walking on with a case of water on the ship.

My husband and I have sailed with Royal Caribbean 4 times now. Each time were under the impression you are not allowed to bring water, soda, etc on board. I noticed a Dr. Pepper can last time we were on board which means someone had to have brought it on the ship. In addition, sometimes I see non-Evian bottled water.

We are sailing on the Oasis on April 27th and I'm curious if we can bring a case of water on board? Has anyone had an experience where they won't let you bring drinks on board? With the new 2 bottle of wine policy, I would think water wouldn't be an issue, but I wanted to double check.

Here are the official rules:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details/print.do?faqId=260&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqType=faq

Sooner or later-they may be enforced.

Archived