Celebrity summit

laserboi

Sailing on summit for NYE. Hearing mixed reviews that the restaurants are great but ship looks dated? Was refurbished in 2016. In sky suite class. Anyone have recent experience or photos to share? Also how was the rooftop bar?

Thanks!!

Sailing on summit for NYE. Hearing mixed reviews that the restaurants are great but ship looks dated? Was refurbished in 2016. In sky suite class. Anyone have recent experience or photos to share? Also how was the rooftop bar?

Thanks!!

Like most ships, if you want to find flaws you can, but if you want to enjoy yourself, also no problem. Summit is just fine. You should be in good shape.

- Joel

We're sailing again on the Summit and I don't think you will notice much beyond the usual sea borne wear and tear. The crew will be doing their best to maintain the ship.

You will have the best captain in the fleet IMHO. A great captain at the helm makes for a happy crew willing to follow their leader whose only desire is to provide a safe and enoyable cruise.

ENJOY!!!!!!

Just off a two-week cruise on the Summit. She has one of the best crews afloat. You will enjoy your suite experience on her. Maya runs a great program.

We loved Summit and the suite experience too. Maya was great as was Anastasia. Agree that the staff and crew offer a very high level of service and are very friendly. The ship is in very good shape but it is 15 years old so some things are dated - but that is expected.

We loved Summit and the suite experience too. Maya was great as was Anastasia. Agree that the staff and crew offer a very high level of service and are very friendly. The ship is in very good shape but it is 15 years old so some things are dated - but that is expected.

Do you know if Maggie is still the Luminae sommelier?

The 2016 rehab was not a complete overhaul, rather the PH and Royal suites got a big facelift, Normandie (favorite =X= restaurant) was replaced and rehabed with Tuscan and some other facelifts.

Summit was rumored to be for sale (One of the M class ships was definitely for sale), causing some to wonder if that was the reason for a lack of a complete Dry Dock.

Ken

I am posting this from the Summit. We are on the final leg of a B2B2B, and first boarded on September 24th. So we boarded with TeeRick, and when I read TeeRick's review realized that we were two Sky Suites away from them. For the middle leg (the one Happy Cruiser was also on -- hello Linda) we changed suites when another more desirable one opened, and just when we were preparing to book our air fare the prices on Celebrity Suites were very reasonable, so we added the third leg in a CS.

We were also in suites on both the Infinity and Millennium earlier this year. All three of the Summit suites have been in great shape (i.e., no difficulty opening drawers, upholstery in good shape, clean carpeting, and so forth), and all three are definitely in better condition than a CS we had on the Infinity. While the color scheme is becoming dated, I am more interested in the level of cleanliness, and have no complaints.

Also, Maggie is presently the Luminae sommelier. I can ask tonight when she and her husband Koray (the Blu sommelier) are leaving.

I am posting this from the Summit. We are on the final leg of a B2B2B, and first boarded on September 24th. So we boarded with TeeRick, and when I read TeeRick's review realized that we were two Sky Suites away from them. For the middle leg (the one Happy Cruiser was also on -- hello Linda) we changed suites when another more desirable one opened, and just when we were preparing to book our air fare the prices on Celebrity Suites were very reasonable, so we added the third leg in a CS.

We were also in suites on both the Infinity and Millennium earlier this year. All three of the Summit suites have been in great shape (i.e., no difficulty opening drawers, upholstery in good shape, clean carpeting, and so forth), and all three are definitely in better condition than a CS we had on the Infinity. While the color scheme is becoming dated, I am more interested in the level of cleanliness, and have no complaints.

Also, Maggie is presently the Luminae sommelier. I can ask tonight when she and her husband Koray (the Blu sommelier) are leaving.

Sent from my iPad using Forums