Eclipse January port update

RotaryMike

I prefer St Thomas instead of St Kitts as a replacement port.

I think Celebrity will soon announce the changes for February and March, there are websites that already show the change without it being official.

Could you please direct us to those websites.

Could you please direct us to those websites.

Changes at these sites are not official, some itineraries have returned to St Maarten (our cruise :)) others show St Kitts and the last change to St Thomas which is the official they do not show it. You can watch cruise time table or cruise mapper, and both show different information, everything is uncertain until Celebrity releases it.

Personally found many of the changes made on the Celebrity page itself by looking at the itinerary map. We sail in Jan and the map shows St. Thomas but the itinerary says St. Maarten - just got email the other day confirming St. Thomas as the new port stop.

Interesting that if I click on my cruises (which wasn't so easy as the page had to reset 4 times to get to Feb. 2018 as I asked and not the random dates it went to :confused:) the "Itinerary Map" on the info page shows the original itinerary with St. Maarten but if I click through to "Book this cruise" and then click itinerary map it shows St, Kitts instead.

I think it remains to be seen where we'll actually sail to.

I prefer St Thomas instead of St Kitts as a replacement port.

I think Celebrity will soon announce the changes for February and March, there are websites that already show the change without it being official.

The difference is that St Kitts suffered little damage from the hurricanes, whereas St. Thomas suffered extensive damage. I only wish our Eclipse cruise in January substituted St Kitts instead of St. Thomas.

I'm a little surprised our stop in San Juan for January wasn't changed considering the ongoing news reports of having power issues - we're supposed to be there 3-11pm. Should be interesting to see if they still have power problems - how many passengers come back to the ship when the sun goes down.

I never thought of checking the map and just did. Our March 18 departure on Exotic Southern Caribbean is still listed as stopping at St. Martin, but the map shows us stopping at St. Kitts and St. Thomas instead. We've been on this cruise before and quite frankly with the exception of the shopping and the Blue Bitch Restaurant (our favorite) we were underwhelmed with St. Martin. I'm excited to be going to St. Kitts since it's new and we went to St Thomas last time and spent the whole day at the National Park on St. John's so glad to have some time in St. Thomas.....anyone been there and have suggestions?

I'm a little surprised our stop in San Juan for January wasn't changed considering the ongoing news reports of having power issues - we're supposed to be there 3-11pm. Should be interesting to see if they still have power problems - how many passengers come back to the ship when the sun goes down.

I agree, I can't believe there hasn't been a change from this port. I do not want to be eating and drinking in San Juan until the power is fixed and the water plants are up and running.

Eclipse doesn't stop in San Juan in January .

I never thought of checking the map and just did. Our March 18 departure on Exotic Southern Caribbean is still listed as stopping at St. Martin, but the map shows us stopping at St. Kitts and St. Thomas instead. We've been on this cruise before and quite frankly with the exception of the shopping and the Blue Bitch Restaurant (our favorite) we were underwhelmed with St. Martin. I'm excited to be going to St. Kitts since it's new and we went to St Thomas last time and spent the whole day at the National Park on St. John's so glad to have some time in St. Thomas.....anyone been there and have suggestions?

Stay on the ship. Things are as bad on St. Thomas as they are in St. Maarten. Just because they can get a ship in doesn't mean things are good beyond that area.

It's a whole new world since the hurricanes.

Stay on the ship. Things are as bad on St. Thomas as they are in St. Maarten. Just because they can get a ship in doesn't mean things are good beyond that area.

It's a whole new world since the hurricanes.

Hmmmm thanks for the heads up...I have plenty of time between now and cruise date so I'll do some extensive research....although port is Basseterre and I had heard that St. Kitts wasn't as badly damaged. It's possible St. Thomas will be dropped as well.

UPDATE: I just double checked the map and I was incorrect.....not stopping at St. Thomas...only change is St. Kitts but I cannot book any excursions because officially itinerary hasn't changed. I thought it a little odd because we had been to St. Thomas and heard that the damage at the NP was severe.

Edited by Hydrokitty