HAL went above and beyond

IndyDenise

On our Oosterdam cruise ( Barcelona to Venice ) my mother encountered a medical emergency and we were “kicked” off ship to get additional medical treatment. ( note: HAL was perfectly reasonable to do so , and I am not complaining at all )

My mother was cleared to go back onboard after s day of crossing Sicily and spending time in the ER. We did incur taxi and hotel expenses but we have trip insurance so no biggie.

Once back onboard she continued her care with the medical staff . ( Fantastic bunch there!!! ) .. again incurring quite a large bill but trip insurance will cover that .

We never received a final bill from HAL upon disembarking ( but we did get daily medical bills ) . Quite large but hey what medical care is cheap?

I found out today that other than the medical bills HAL wiped out everything.. they never charged us ! No hotel charges, no meal charges, no drinks that my daughter had ( mom and I had the drink package for free) no gift store stuff... no bill got anything!

Wow! Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine this !! This is totally unexpected !! I love HAL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow. That is wonderful! I am glad to hear that your mother was well looked after and that she was well enough to continue on with the cruise. I bet your daughter was worried but it was nice she continued on. Thanks for letting us know! Did you have to make your way to join the ship at another port? How was that all managed? Did you have HAL insurance or was it independent? How did you keep in touch with your daughter? Sorry for all the questions!

Very sorry for your mom's illness and hope she continues to make a good recovery Great how well HAL treated you. Thank you for sharing with us.

Wow, that's amazing.

Best wishes for your mom's recovery.

Thank you for sharing some good news about how you were treated.

DITTO! (y)(y)(y)

Sorry to hear that your mother became ill on the cruise. Hope that she is doing better now.

That is wonderful how HAL took care of you, bills included.

Hope you get the medical bills straightened out.

Glad to hear your mom is doing well now. HAL really does step up to the plate in times of stress and emergency. Thank you for sharing with us.

DITTO! (y)(y)(y)

On our Oosterdam cruise ( Barcelona to Venice ) my mother encountered a medical emergency and we were “kicked” off ship to get additional medical treatment. ( note: HAL was perfectly reasonable to do so , and I am not complaining at all )

My mother was cleared to go back onboard after s day of crossing Sicily and spending time in the ER. We did incur taxi and hotel expenses but we have trip insurance so no biggie.

Once back onboard she continued her care with the medical staff . ( Fantastic bunch there!!! ) .. again incurring quite a large bill but trip insurance will cover that .

We never received a final bill from HAL upon disembarking ( but we did get daily medical bills ) . Quite large but hey what medical care is cheap?

I found out today that other than the medical bills HAL wiped out everything.. they never charged us ! No hotel charges, no meal charges, no drinks that my daughter had ( mom and I had the drink package for free) no gift store stuff... no bill got anything!

Wow! Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine this !! This is totally unexpected !! I love HAL

Awesome to hear about HAL!!

Also MOST Awesome is that your mom and your other family members were able to continue the cruise:)

Joanie

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

My mom is finally taking charge of her health and said this cruise was the best thing that happened to her in the past 10 years.

It served as a huge wake up call ( about smoking, treatment of issues promptly, healthy eating)

It may be her salvation but that cruise was my nightmare.. so many unknowns and scary scenes.

She wants me to book the cruise again for the Fall.

Um.. no way, Jose! I instead talked her into two weeks in Paris.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

My mom is finally taking charge of her health and said this cruise was the best thing that happened to her in the past 10 years.

It served as a huge wake up call ( about smoking, treatment of issues promptly, healthy eating)

It may be her salvation but that cruise was my nightmare.. so many unknowns and scary scenes.

She wants me to book the cruise again for the Fall.

Um.. no way, Jose! I instead talked her into two weeks in Paris.

If your mother has medical issues, wouldn't she be more secure 30 seconds from an emergency physician on HAL than in a foreign country?