Panoramic Oceanview cabins

slyster

Just got of GOS yesterday. We enjoyed our big window. On Thursday there was a pod of dolphins right outside our window swimming with the ship for quite a bit of time. The only odd thing about the window was the tinting film was ripped in a few places. And at the bottom of the right side of the window it had totally peeled up so they caulked it down but there was some sort of airbubble in it and we could hear a windy rattle kind of crinkly noise when sailing.

Great feedback! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Being able to see things like dolphins/crocodiles (cruising to Northern Territory, Australia! lol) from the comfort of my cabin and without freaking out about a balcony with my kids.

Hmm windy, crinkly rattle doesn't sound good. Wonder why the tint was failing so soon into its use?

I can't wait for photos. I will be sailing on ROS, but imagine that the POV staterooms will be similar in any case.

Hmm windy, crinkly rattle doesn't sound good. Wonder why the tint was failing so soon into its use?

The tint on the window halves (we had the metal curve) is just the tinted plastic film you put on car windows. It started to peel up from the sitting ledge so they caulked it down but air somehow gets up into it when the ship moves and it makes a crinkly noise. I did not notice it when we were in port.

The window is 7 feet by whatever but the top two feet of the window is not visible when you are standing in the room. The ceiling/curtain box comes down two feet. But when you are sitting on the window ledge and look up you can see the extra two feet. And you need to pull the curtains all the way back to get the full window view.

Tricia

Great feedback! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Being able to see things like dolphins/crocodiles (cruising to Northern Territory, Australia! lol) from the comfort of my cabin and without freaking out about a balcony with my kids.

I can't wait for photos. I will be sailing on ROS, but imagine that the POV staterooms will be similar in any case.

I am really enjoying this feedback as well. Would love to see more pictures!!

I booked this cabin for our Mediterranean cruise (mostly Italy) and really hope to enjoy the opportunity to see sights from our room - especially when we wake up in a new place!

We have never done anything but an interior stateroom so very excited about the new experience! So excited that I booked the same cabin on the same ship for a southern Caribbean cruise in 2016! 😉. That was a lucky deal though with the bogoho deal - paid barely more than for an interior!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I have 7102 booked on the Enchantment for 1/2015. Does anyone have photos? Bed by the window or sofa by the window? Shower curtain or door? Thank you in advance. Great thread. Love cruising and happy just to be on one. I have traveled in interior, OV, and balcony. This will my first POV.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have 7102 booked on the Enchantment for 1/2015. Does anyone have photos? Bed by the window or sofa by the window? Shower curtain or door? Thank you in advance. Great thread. Love cruising and happy just to be on one. I have traveled in interior, OV, and balcony. This will my first POV.

This photo is from Grandeur, which should be similar:

Cabin8539.jpg

On the Grandeur we had shower curtains that would have stuck to us but we brought chip clips.

I have photos I can't get off of my cell phone onto this forum. Is there a way I can email them to someone who knows more tech stuff than me and can post them?

I have photos of the hallway configuration, the windows, ect.

Tricia

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We just returned from sailing in Enchantment cabin 8102. The sofa was by the window. Shower curtain in bathroom. We enjoyed the space in the room very much. Ours was identical to the photo Bob posted.

There was tremendous noise both Saturday and Sunday mornings about 5 AM. Seem to be coming from above us. Must've been stacking, unstacking, moving chairs on the pool deck.

The room was very convenient to stairwell, elevator, and up one deck to the pool, solarium and windjammer.

Not sure I would book one again on deck eight because of the extreme noise from above, however I would grab one on deck seven in a heartbeat.

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

We just returned from sailing in Enchantment cabin 8102. The sofa was by the window. Shower curtain in bathroom. We enjoyed the space in the room very much. Ours was identical to the photo Bob posted.

There was tremendous noise both Saturday and Sunday mornings about 5 AM. Seem to be coming from above us. Must've been stacking, unstacking, moving chairs on the pool deck.

The room was very convenient to stairwell, elevator, and up one deck to the pool, solarium and windjammer.

Not sure I would book one again on deck eight because of the extreme noise from above, however I would grab one on deck seven in a heartbeat.

Enjoy

M

Thank you so much for posting the bed configuration for 8102! We are booked in this cabin in September. I was hoping for bed by the window and am happy to see that this will be the case!

Thank you so much for posting the bed configuration for 8102! We are booked in this cabin in September. I was hoping for bed by the window and am happy to see that this will be the case!

If you are speaking of Enchantment 8102, the SOFA was by the window and the bed was closer to the bathroom.

M

Quote: On the Grandeur we had shower curtains that would have stuck to us but we brought chip clips.

We were just on the Grandeur and will be on her again in August. She is a great ship except for the shower curtains.

I took along clips but never got the knack of using them so the curtain "attacked" me daily. How many clips do you use and where do you place them?

Thanks

I'm booked on Vision of the Seas in room 7588. Does anyone know which is closer to the window, the bed or sofa? Also is it one with the larger looking window or the one that looks like half wall, half window? If been searching for any information on this particular room but I can't find anything. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm happy to see these pictures since I just booked a "Panoramic Ocean View" cabin on the Legend and the Grandeur. I booked Deck 8 first and then went with Deck 7 so I wouldn't risk having too much noise overhead! I think Deck 7 is a good location, and the window really looks great in the pictures! Thanks for posting the question and the pictures!

Suzanne:)

Hi. Just saw your post. Have just booked deck 7 PV stateroom on Legend for 2016... Will be very interested to hear what you think after your cruise in these cabins!

• 4 weeks later...

From reading Cruise Critic it seems like the configuration varies in the POV rooms with either the bed by the window or the sofa by the window.

We are booked on the Grandeur in December in POV 7582. It is on the end so I realize it will not have the full window. However, has anyone stayed in 7582 that could let me know the configuration of the room? We would prefer the sofa by the window.

Right now, there are no other POV's available on our cruise, but we have found in the past that rooms seem to become available as it gets closer to final payment. We want to stay on Deck 7, but may try to switch if one of the rooms open up that has the configuration we prefer.

Thanks for any information.

Hi Cruisegirl1

We have booked several rooms for February 15. 8102, 8104 are two of them. I am wondering how bad the noise will be. Can you tell me what time at night noise were stopped or until what time noise continue?

I still have lot of time to change room. I am already thinking to move to 7th floor, but won't mind staying at 8th floor if noise not terribly bad. Please let us know. Thanks.

Can't recall the exact time, but we were woken by very loud noises, seriously loud and startling in the middle of the night. It was not continual, but really loud that seemed to shake the cabin.

I am not much of a cruise complainer and not really a light sleeper and rarely complain about a cabin, but we will never take that cabin location again.

We were somewhat worried about lots of noise from the centrum, but that was just fine.

Google luck, and report bsck.

M

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...