Applying further discount after turning Diamond

When I booked a couple of cruises it was mentioned by the UK Call Centre (back last year) that after my May cruise I would turn Diamond and be able to apply further discounts to my forthcoming November and next May cruises.

So when my status changed on the website I rang (Guatemala Call Centre as UK one has shut down) I was told that this was incorrect and I wasn't entitled to a further discount. I stuck to my guns though and after speaking to a supervisor I was told a further discount of £50 and £73 would be applied but they had to fill out paperwork and send it off (not sure to where) and it would take 48hours to be sorted.

That was over 10 days ago now and I haven't had the discounts. Has anyone else tried to get a further discount and have you had these problems? Just wondering if I am asking for something usual or whether it isn't normally done?

Many thanks :)

it is normal for North American based bookings to be allowed to get an increased balcony discount when the guest has moved up in C&A level. However, recently they have required the cruise be re-priced to current levels when a request for increased discount is made. I'm not sure if this applies to UK bookings, but I'd double check the current price on your cruise just in case.

As for Germany we were told we can only get the discount for the C&A level we held by the time of the booking. So we did get our Emerald discount for out 2015 booking and can´t get the Diamond one after our August cruise.

steamboats

As for Germany we were told we can only get the discount for the C&A level we held by the time of the booking. So we did get our Emerald discount for out 2015 booking and can´t get the Diamond one after our August cruise.

steamboats

So annoying for how it varies country to country :(

When I booked a couple of cruises it was mentioned by the UK Call Centre (back last year) that after my May cruise I would turn Diamond and be able to apply further discounts to my forthcoming November and next May cruises.

So when my status changed on the website I rang (Guatemala Call Centre as UK one has shut down) I was told that this was incorrect and I wasn't entitled to a further discount. I stuck to my guns though and after speaking to a supervisor I was told a further discount of £50 and £73 would be applied but they had to fill out paperwork and send it off (not sure to where) and it would take 48hours to be sorted.

That was over 10 days ago now and I haven't had the discounts. Has anyone else tried to get a further discount and have you had these problems? Just wondering if I am asking for something usual or whether it isn't normally done?

Many thanks :)

Hello fellow person in West Sussex! Yes it was certainly true that when you went up a tier you got the increased discount. But that was the good ol' days when the call centre was in England. Now I guess it depends who you speak with but hopefully the 'form filling' (how quaint and old fashioned in these days of computerisation) will work and you will get your increased balcony discount.

ps:where are you...?

Edited by little britain

Hello fellow person in West Sussex! Yes it was certainly true that when you went up a tier you got the increased discount. But that was the good ol' days when the call centre was in England. Now I guess it depends who you speak with but hopefully the 'form filling' (how quaint and old fashioned in these days of computerisation) will work and you will get your increased balcony discount.

ps:where are you...?

Thank you and lets keep all the fingers and toes crossed you can!!

I am between Littlehampton and Worthing.....whereabouts are you? Nice to see a fellow cruiser so close :)

Maybe it's just me but I would think a little consistency would allow them to cut phone support staffing. :rolleyes:

Seriously Greg, why ruin the fun in the call centre for the staff who use the eeny, meany, miny, mo system!! :D

I just called the D+ desk at Crown and Anchor and asked about this upgrade in balcony discount, and repricing the cabin.

They put this into their reservation system last November/December 2013, but are still handling these on a case-by-case basis. If the total goes up significantly, then you can request to talk to the Resolutions Department, or call them youself (it's a U.S. number): 1-800-205-9812.

Bob I encountered this when I called a few days ago regarding the change in our level to Diamond. I had booked the Oct 19, 2015 SOS Quebec sailing in February right before we left on our Australia cruise. On the 3rd cruise, Hawaii to Vancouver April 27, 2014, we became Diamond, however to get any further benifits off the 2015 SOS sailing our booking would need to be repriced for the going rate resulting in a higher overal cruise cost even with the discount for Diamond. Problem # 2, there are no JS available to provide a price, so C&A said I was better to leave our booking as is. I had booked the SOS right after the dates opened.

Daughter & I went into the JS at $2099, DH who decided to go later within the week came in at $1250 + txs/prt fees. Right before we left on March 15th of this year, the cost of the JS jumped $700

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Same issue here re increase in balcony discount having now reached D+.

As it is only another few dollars and although we have 3 upcoming cruises that were booked before we achieved D+, I have been told they would all have to be re-priced and in one case the 'May discount' we had received (didn't know we had) would be lost.

Haven't bothered to pursue.

My sister was told, when she booked a cruise for January 2015, on her April 2014 cruise, that she would be able to get her Emerald discount, if she called after it showed she had moved up to Emerald status in about two weeks. She called, and they told her she would have to re book at the now higher cruise price, to get the Emerald discount. So I guess it is the same, no matter what the country, you get the discount for what ever status you are at, at the time of booking. Or maybe it depends on who answers the phone that day, no matter which country you are in.

Edited by A Pisces

Peter, now on the otherhand, if a JS opens up again and coming at a much lower rate then what we paid and it is a gneral drop, then we might benifit like we did this yr on the Hawaii when there was a CA Residence drop. Our savings was $1250.:)

Kathy for us, since there are no JS showing available, there is no way of knowing what the increase would be. Today I did price a D-1 and not factoring in the insurance, that cabin is about what we paid for our JS back in February. I do know the price of the JS as earlier mentioned had jumped $700 right before we left in March for our NZ cruise.

I booked a cruise in October 2013 for August 2014. At the time I got a balcony discount and was told to call back when I became diamond.

I reached Elite on Celebrity in March 2014 which made me Diamond on RCI.

I called RCI and was given the additional discount without rebooking my cabin. The price had increased but I did not have to pay an increase.

I live in the US and the phone call only took a few minutes. I don't remember how long after my call the discount appeared on my account.

It certainly would be nice if there was some consistency of policy on RCI.

GiannaD, we might have had better luck had their been JS cabins available with a price tag, but there are none showing available for our Oct 2015 sailing, however, with or without a price, I think they could have made an adjustment with our existing booking but going thru the differant personal including C&A, I received a negative response. During our most recent cruise, begining March 19th continuing 9 days later out of Sydney, Aust thru Hawaii and unto Vancouver, we went from our starting level of Platinum and jumped to both Emerald then Diamond being in the JS for the first two cruises ending it with a D-1. We received our Platinum discount which was applied to the 3 cruises.

Peter, now on the otherhand, if a JS opens up again and coming at a much lower rate then what we paid and it is a gneral drop, then we might benifit like we did this yr on the Hawaii when there was a CA Residence drop. Our savings was $1250.:)

Kathy for us, since there are no JS showing available, there is no way of knowing what the increase would be. Today I did price a D-1 and not factoring in the insurance, that cabin is about what we paid for our JS back in February. I do know the price of the JS as earlier mentioned had jumped $700 right before we left in March for our NZ cruise.

Understand what you're saying Gay, but for us in the UK, now that the call centre has moved to Guatemala the results when calling are so inconsistent I don't trust them. Also as we book so far out we've only ever seen the price increase unfortunately.

Hello Peter, our TA called RCCL and pursued this to try and get the discount and that was the answer they were given, because of no JS available, there was no price to work with etc etc. Oh well hopefully after the Oct 2015 sailing I will be able to book another one. As long as my health continues I plan on it. 4 yrs this Sept since the surgery.:)

Gay

Desert Cruizers, I agree, I don't see why they couldn't give you the little extra off of your price. It isn't that much of a difference, is it? I was Diamond before they had Emerald, so I don't know what the discount is for Emerald.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Kathy I believe $300 or $350 so it would have been another $100-150 off not a biggy. Would have helped with DH's beer tab.:D We got $200 off our 3 cruises out of Sydney Australia ( 13 day NZ, 18 day Transpacific, & 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver )

Gay

I think they could afford to give you the discount, for the level you became.

Any help with the beer tab is something, considering the mark up, and the fact that you can't bring your own beer. Of course now that you are Diamond, I know they say you can't get free beer in the Diamond lounge, but my DH always does, even on the cruise a couple weeks ago. So try out the lounge!

Edited by A Pisces