ultimate beverage package confusion

tandgmcewen

this question may have been talked about before but I cannot find anything on it. we are sailing on the bliss in may 2018 and have the beverage package. we have been told that there is a 20% addition to all drinks on the plan we consume, and we will be charged at the end of the cruise. is this true ? any other hidden costs we don't know about ?

thanks - tandg

No, that’s not how it works.

If you got the package as a promo:

If you are in the US (and some other countries) you will be charged a gratuity of 20% on the retail value of the package, but it is paid before the cruise. Basically, it’s added to your fare. What you actually consume is irrelevant.

In some other countries there is nothing to pay.

If you purchased the package then the gratuity is added to the amount you paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no, you pay a "gratuities" fee equal to 20% of the price of the package (even if you don't pay for the package, like if it was a booking perk)- this covers tipping on all drinks you order. It's 20% of the cost of the package regardless of whether you drink 100 drinks, or 2 drinks. It's charged in the overall price of the cruise, paid for in the final payment of the cruise fare, not at the end of the cruise.

this question may have been talked about before but I cannot find anything on it. we are sailing on the bliss in may 2018 and have the beverage package. we have been told that there is a 20% addition to all drinks on the plan we consume, and we will be charged at the end of the cruise. is this true ? any other hidden costs we don't know about ?

thanks - tandg

The 20% was added on when you got the package. You are not charged anything more at the end of the cruise, unless you purchase drinks that are not included in the package or cost more than $15. This is not a hidden cost. Nothing to be concerned about here.

thanks - tandg

You have been given bad information. No hidden costs.

When you book a cruise with the Ultimate Beverage Package, 20% of the retail price of the package is added to your cruise price and added at time of booking. Your final payment due includes that 20% gratuity for the Beverage Package and Dining Package (if you ordered it).

Once onboard, if your drink is $15 or less, there are no additional charges (no additional tip).

If your drink exceeds the $15 limit (which is hard to do), you must pay the difference in price and 20% on the difference in price. For example, if you order a chocolate martini for $17, you are responsible for the $2 difference in price and $0.40 ($2.00*20%) tip for a total of $2.40.

Also, remember you will pay tax on drinks consumed on embarkation day and on drinks you consume if you have a US port day. These taxes will show on your cruise account.

Edited by BandM
punctuation

Also, remember you will pay tax on drinks consumed on embarkation day and on drinks you consume if you have a US port day. These taxes will show on your cruise account.

Same for Spanish ports; you'll pay VAT, even if you have the Ultimate Beverage Package.

--Michael

We have the Ultimate beverage package as a perk. Our confirmation also says coffee beverage. Any idea if this means that specialty coffee is included? I have trailed the NCL site and cc boards but can't find any mention of it. We booked in UK. Thanks

We have the Ultimate beverage package as a perk. Our confirmation also says coffee beverage. Any idea if this means that specialty coffee is included? I have trailed the NCL site and cc boards but can't find any mention of it. We booked in UK. Thanks

It includes coffee with meals, not from the coffee bar.

Details of premium all inclusive are here:

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/all-inclusive

just chatted online with NVL agent- said for 7 days the unlimited pkg is $623 plus $124 (tips) been 2 years since I cruised on NCL but this seems really HIGH! are there any free perks I believe we maybe got a free drink package before

just chatted online with NVL agent- said for 7 days the unlimited pkg is $623 plus $124 (tips) been 2 years since I cruised on NCL but this seems really HIGH! are there any free perks I believe we maybe got a free drink package before

I think very few people buy the UBP outright-most have it as a free perk and most of the time is an option unless you purchase cheapest cabins or book last minute

I think very few people buy the UBP outright-most have it as a free perk and most of the time is an option unless you purchase cheapest cabins or book last minute

The Bliss really limits the perks because it's brand new and demand is high.

At least on the Escape, a couple of the bars we really liked (Mixx, the nice bar whose name I can't recall in between Moderno and Cagney's) seemed understaffed, with long waits to get drinks. I found that a modest ($20 or so) cash tip to the bartenders early in the cruise reduced those wait times considerably.

When we booked Epic for this upcoming March cruise, it was one of the perks we chose. It only increased the total cruise price by $200... So, gratuities were $100 per person for 7 days, as UBP was a free perk. Definitely worth the price for us. I would not pay $623.

Could you book/rebook with UBP as perk?