New ship names?

I guess its a matter of perspective. I have no desire to go on vacation w/ over 6000 strangers. (ie no interest in Oasis or Allure). Could change down the line, but I'm good for now. Having a smaller, but still innovative ship home port in the NE is very appealing to many, even if it is a 'downgrade' from the floating cities in FL.

I live in FL, so my choices are floating cities or old Carnival ships :). The A and O seem very interesting. However they are more expensive than Freedom. The only way we might be able to do O or A as a family of 5 is to buy a Next Cruise Certificate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I guess its a matter of perspective. I have no desire to go on vacation w/ over 6000 strangers. (ie no interest in Oasis or Allure). Could change down the line, but I'm good for now. Having a smaller, but still innovative ship home port in the NE is very appealing to many, even if it is a 'downgrade' from the floating cities in FL.

Yes, the Oasis class is awful. Nobody should ever go on them.

I live in FL, so my choices are floating cities or old Carnival ships :). The A and O seem very interesting. However they are more expensive than Freedom. The only way we might be able to do O or A as a family of 5 is to buy a Next Cruise Certificate.

I would go broke w/ all the options of cruises out of FL!!!

I would go broke w/ all the options of cruises out of FL!!!

It is very hard to choose. For example, for our next Bahama cruise, we were debating between Enchantment, Majest, Carnival Sensation, and NCL Sky. We booked Enchantment. Was this the right choice? :confused:

I've always thought that the first ships in each new ship class should have a little more "punch." Instead of Quantum, why not something like Declaration or Passion of the Seas? (I'm no marketing expert - just a thought.)

I've always thought that the first ships in each new ship class should have a little more "punch." Instead of Quantum, why not something like Declaration or Passion of the Seas? (I'm no marketing expert - just a thought.)

I agree. However, I think Allure is more punchy than Oasis. What was the Vision class called when the Vision didn't debut yet? Why did they name the class after the last one?

What was the Vision class called when the Vision didn't debut yet? Why did they name the class after the last one?

They didn't name the class after the last one. They named the last one after the code name for the class.

It would be the same as if they had an Eagle of the Seas, Genesis of the Seas, Sunshine of the Seas, etc.

They didn't name the class after the last one. They named the last one after the code name for the class.

It would be the same as if they had an Eagle of the Seas, Genesis of the Seas, Sunshine of the Seas, etc.

What was the Eagle class?

I think Sensation of the Seas is good for Q3.

So if someone tells you that they will be sailing on "Sensation" do you immediately know that they will be sailing on an RCI ship and not on a Carnival ship?

This practice of copying names already being used another line seems to demonstrate a distinct lack of imagination on the part of those who come up with names for new builds. I'd almost rather that they followed HAL's practice of recycling names of their old ships. A new Sun Viking, Song of Norway, or Nordic Prince, even with a Roman numeral after the name sounds appealing to me.:)

What about Treasure of the Seas ? Also like Opulence of the Seas .

I like Opulence but not so much on Treasure. It is hard to think of names for Oasis class.