Suggestion what to do before boarding Celebrity cruise

ACBLbridge

I will be arriving at Rome airport at 7am next week. Our cruise boarding time that day is between 11:30am to 3:30pm. Any suggestions what we could do before boarding? I am not interested in going into Rome as will be there at the end of our trip. I saw a post suggesting getting a limo and driving to Odescalchi Castle first then driving to port to board ship. Any other ideas?

Thank you.

I will be arriving at Rome airport at 7am next week. Our cruise boarding time that day is between 11:30am to 3:30pm. Any suggestions what we could do before boarding? I am not interested in going into Rome as will be there at the end of our trip. I saw a post suggesting getting a limo and driving to Odescalchi Castle first then driving to port to board ship. Any other ideas?

Thank you.

You may want to consider posting this to your Roll Call or to the Ports of Call sub-forum for more substantive responses.

bon voyage

Agree with posting on the Roll Call, but personally, if you are flying in the morning of your cruise and although arriving early (7am), I’d suggest you set up getting down to the port and getting on board. Don’t know if it’s a workweek departure or not, but it takes a minimum of close to an hr getting out of Rome to the port. It’s 40miles and that time est is without traffic. And if your flight is late or you get tied up getting out of the airport, it can be a bit tricky.

Up to you on cutting it and getting on board.

I use Romecabs and found it very nice for 2 couples. Picked us up at different hotels.

Den

You'll actually be able to board a little before 10, for us, it's a good 16 hours of flights to get to Rome from L.A., so I'd personally pick up my luggage, get to the ship, check in, & be snoozing on a lounge by 9:45. You could also arrange transport from Rome in Limo to Lake Branccino which would be a nice half day excursion.... but I'd drop off luggage & check in at the ship first so you don't have to worry about meeting the check in deadline.

Since you have already booked your flights, it's too late to tell you to fly in at least 1-2 days prior to your cruise, which is the advice of most of us here on c.c. So, you should not consider doing an excursion, regardless of what time you arrive in Rome. Get yourself to Civitavecchia (the port) ASAP and if you have time you could leave your bags with the porters at the terminal and look around Civi. We've stayed here for 3 days prior to a cruise and it's a lovely little town. Do not do an excursion that will be taking you anywhere further from the port. So much could happen and it would be much better to get to the ship earlier than later.

All good advice...book a limo immediately to get from Rome airport to Cv...limo driver will get u and luggage there easily...

Cv is a nice town but is away from the port enclosure.

Better for a pre cruise stay..Hotel San Giorgio

Bon Voyage

While I'd prefer a private transfer, you might want to take the easy way and ask your TA to arrange a Celebrity transfer. After you've cleared immigration and collected your luggage, it will be at least 8:00 a.m. if you are very lucky. Once you hand your luggage over to the Celebrity staff, the next time you'll see it will be in your cabin.

I agree that you simply don't have time to do any touring, especially considering that you will have arrived on an overnight flight therefore being sleep deprived, jet lagged and wearing the same clothes for 24 hours.

All good advice...book a limo immediately to get from Rome airport to Cv...limo driver will get u and luggage there easily...

Cv is a nice town but is away from the port enclosure.

Better for a pre cruise stay..Hotel San Giorgio

Bon Voyage

Great advice re Hotel San Giorgio. Stayed there last May on our Med cruise. Takes you back to a different era of hotels. Loved the breakfast! Gorgeous views sipping morning cappuccino. Actually, you can walk from the port into the town, not all that far. Prefer to do the hotel shuttle, but OP's already booked flights, so none of this will be of help, unfortunately.