Cheers + Chef's Table?

opie051699

I tried searching, but anything mentioning Cheers brings you down the rabbitt hole, never to be seen again....

SO...Chef's Table - some folks have complained about poor wine selections and service during the Chef's Table, but how does it work if you have Cheers? Can you order other drinks? Will they go get me a cocktail or beer? Or do I have to leave, find a bar, stand in line, order my own drinks and then go back?

I know...first world problems and all, but I am curious.

There really is no wine selection, unless you call a selection red or white. It's better than the free wind in the Steakhouse, but not great. I have never seen a cocktail server at the Chef's Table. I would think getting up to get a cocktail would be rude.

There really is no wine selection, unless you call a selection red or white. It's better than the free wind in the Steakhouse, but not great. I have never seen a cocktail server at the Chef's Table. I would think getting up to get a cocktail would be rude.

I agree that it would be rude, and it would interfere with the service and the ambience.

I tried searching, but anything mentioning Cheers brings you down the rabbitt hole, never to be seen again....

SO...Chef's Table - some folks have complained about poor wine selections and service during the Chef's Table, but how does it work if you have Cheers? Can you order other drinks? Will they go get me a cocktail or beer? Or do I have to leave, find a bar, stand in line, order my own drinks and then go back?

I did the Chef's table last month on the Glory and they offered to bring us anything we wanted from the bar. This was different than the 4 other Chef Tables I did in previous years. This time around I did notice that they served less Champagne in the galley and they didn't let you walk around with the glass like before. I enjoyed both the Red wine selection and my wife loved the white wine.

Yes you can order a drink....but when it arrives is another issue?? Ordered a drink and I think it arrived about a half hour or more later....watered down. Sent it back and the replacement never showed up??:confused:

We have been to 2 Chef's tables.

The first one, the wine steward could not pour fast enough for everyone, even though he tried. Both red and white wine was served, no brand or vintage was offered, other than what they served. Which was OK....if you like wine.....

The second Chef's Table... different ship..... you practically had to yell to get the wine steward's attention......(if you could call him that) They were stingy with the wine, and you had to ask for red wine, which took even longer to be served.....

So.... if you want a cocktail at the Chef's table, take a fresh one with you, or wait a while for another. Wine.... It is a basic white and red, but instead of waiting to keep your glass filled, I would ask for 2 at the beginning!

Now...the food was still outstanding.....but bad wine and bar service....IMHO:confused:

On the Dream Class and above, the Chefs Table is held deep within the galley, thus making it a much longer trek to just pop out and order from somewhere else... I do agree that the wines served were very "basic" at best, and was much less "free-flowing" than when I last did the CT on the Breeze. After it was all over, I just headed up to the Alchemy Bar and started pounding tequila based drinks to try and keep my buzz going...

Been to 3 chef's tables, never had poor service or bad wine. Where did you hear that?

Regardless, I think it would not only be rude, but a big pain to leave and get your own drink. Plus you'll miss a lot of what is happening. Chef's Table isn't just a meal, it's an experience. Leaving, even to go to the restroom, will mean missing out.

You could always bring 1 drink with you at the start and then just drink what they provide. And they do have non-alcoholic options as well.

Been to 3 chef's tables, never had poor service or bad wine. Where did you hear that?

As I posted....poor service, but never said anything about "bad" wine? So maybe you are referencing another post? Great Wine....no!

Regardless, I think it would not only be rude, but a big pain to leave and get your own drink. Plus you'll miss a lot of what is happening. Chef's Table isn't just a meal, it's an experience. Leaving, even to go to the restroom, will mean missing out.

Leaving to go wee?? Yes, you might miss the intro to a another course, but really??

You could always bring 1 drink with you at the start and then just drink what they provide. And they do have non-alcoholic options as well.

I did not see anyone in this thread mention that they left and brought a drink from a bar to the CT? Maybe I missed it???:) As I have read, bar service is hit or miss at the CT depending on the ship and staff?

Th CT is a "Great Experience" but, it's still just a dinner and wine.... and used to have champagne in the lounge! NBD BTDT!

I had read enough posts with people underwhelmed by the wine that I reached out to Carnival by email to see if we could be served wine we brought on board or that we bought for 50% off at the steakhouse the 1st night if we paid a corkage fee. The reply email from Carnival said yes, this is permitted. That is now my plan for CT on the Dream in Feb.