Silohette

george35

Some one tell us about this ship, Hidden spots, places not to miss on the ship all about the ship. We are ELITE because of our status of D+ on RCL & would like to know about the ship. We will be on deck 6, are we ok there? I mean noise or any thing we should know, cabin 6309. We are sailing 12-09-18. Any info will be GREATLY helpful. Are there any sites on the ship we should not fail to check out? Any helpful information will be helpful.

Thanks

george35

One thing to watch for on deck 6, port side is the smoking area that is outside on deck 5. If smoking bothers you consider a higher deck or the starboard side. The only noise issue on deck 6 that I can think of is if you are directly above the theater. It can be noisy during shows and rehearsals.

The ship itself is beautiful with a great crew. Use your feet and explore it. The Sunset Bar at the very back is a great place to watch sail aways from in almost any port. On sea days the Sky Lounge/Cosmos Lounge on deck 14, forward elevators only is a nice, quiet place to sit and watch the world go by but so is your veranda. No rock climbing, no water slides but nice pools and all of the usual things up on the sports deck and in the fitness center. Enjoy it, we have twice now.

Some one tell us about this ship, Hidden spots, places not to miss on the ship all about the ship. We are ELITE because of our status of D+ on RCL & would like to know about the ship. We will be on deck 6, are we ok there? I mean noise or any thing we should know, cabin 6309. We are sailing 12-09-18. Any info will be GREATLY helpful. Are there any sites on the ship we should not fail to check out? Any helpful information will be helpful.

Thanks

george35

When you say sailing on the 12/09 this year do u mean Dec9th ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks

george35

Early riser and I like getting coffee and going into the sky lounge with the panoramic windows to just watch. Also nice when docking.

Silhouette 6309 is a sunset veranda

6307 in the Eclipse is the same as 6309 on Silhouette

2eob3ox.jpg

im8ju9.jpg

JMO, but look at the picture kindly posted above by gerelmx, and note how much larger the balcony on 6312 is (listed as 30% larger on the cruise deck plans site). If you want to stick to deck 6 I'd switch your stateroom to 6314 on Silhouette (6312 on Eclipse in the picture is 6314 on Silhouette).

That said, if you'd move up a deck I'd pick 7366 (and previously did!) on Silhouette (shown as 7364 in picture on Eclipse) Larger balcony PLUS you're on the same floor as "The Hideaway". So convenient to run over and get a coffee/tea (complimentary) or just relax in the comfy chairs - especially when waiting for the cabins to open up when boarding.

7366 on Silhouette:

54gl00.jpg

You will love the Silhouette!

Hi to the OP. We're on the same sailing. Pop over to the Roll Call and say hi. The discussion of activities are starting to get going and I noticed you haven't joined the fun. There's a Sail Away party at the Sunset Bar on deck 15 following muster.

Edited by Luvcrusn
Addition

The Silly is my all-time favorite ship, having sailed her twice! Not to miss:

-The Lawn Club Grill for dinner

-Lunch on the Porch

-Martini Bar

-Silent Disco

-Mixology Class

-Drinks at the Sunset Bar

-English Bacon in the Oceanview Café, accompanied by mimosas from Café Al Bacio II located by the Buffet

-Sipping tea in the Library while reading a good book

-Taking the Stretch and Relax morning class in the Fitness Center

-Massage in the Canyon Ranch Spa

I could go on....enjoy your cruise!

I always tell first timers on Celebrity to know that the treats in the glass case at Cafe al Bacio on Deck 5 are all free. The coffees, teas and drinks are for a fee but the food is free and you do not need to order a beverage to eat. They have pastries in the mornings and then switch to cakes and desserts later. You can eat there or take something to go. Often the MDR doesn't have any desserts that look that great....or we are too full at that time to eat dessert and so we swing by Cafe al Bacio later for dessert.

Also Sushi on 5, read the menu outside. It does not only have raw fish. The pricing is a la carte and we love to go and share a few items.

The ice cream is made on board and is delicious. Check the case in the Oceanview Buffet; the flavors change daily. Even the fat free frozen yogurt is delicious!!

The Solarium is adults only and has nice soothing music piped in. Inside that area is the Spa Cafe, used to be the Aqua Spa Cafe. Puts out small plates for breakfast and lunch. It is free to all....it has nothing to do with Aqua Class cabins nor the Spa.