Your Time Dining - Questions, Hints and Tips

katstoy

We are traveling on the Inspiration for a quickie 3 day cruise and signed up for Your Time Dining. We have never done the flexible dining option before and wondered if you all had any hints, tips and/or suggestions? There are two of us and typical dinner time is about 7:00 for us. We usually do the later seating on past cruises but wanted to try something different this go around.

I do have some specific questions:

Can you, and should you, make a dining time reservation for each night?

What typically is the most crowded window with the longest wait for seating?

Do they tend to rush you so they can clear the table for the next guests? Like I said, we usually do late dining and enjoy a lengthy dinner period because of it.

We haven't cruised in almost 7 years and are really looking forward to it!

7pm can be very crowded. Elegant night will be the worst. Go earlier or later. If there’s a wait you’ll get a pager.

Carnival does not take reservations and they will not rush you at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are traveling on the Inspiration for a quickie 3 day cruise and signed up for Your Time Dining. We have never done the flexible dining option before and wondered if you all had any hints, tips and/or suggestions? There are two of us and typical dinner time is about 7:00 for us. We usually do the later seating on past cruises but wanted to try something different this go around.

Do they tend to rush you so they can clear the table for the next guests? Like I said, we usually do late dining and enjoy a lengthy dinner period because of it.

You can't make reservations per se. You go to the restaurant and if there is a wait they give you pager.

We generally go when they open, but when we have tried around 7 there was a 20 minute wait.

We have never had them rush us out. Take as long as you like!

If you like your servers you can request to be seated in their section on the following nights-we have done this many times

We always request a private table for two, to avoid the tables for two that are lined up three inches apart. If the host seems to hesitate we offer to wait if need be.

3" is a bit of an exaggeration, unless you have very skinny thighs, how could you get out of your table. :D

We never felt rushed, ever. We had the same server for a 14 day B2B and told him our Steakhouse and Chef's Table nights. He appreciated it.

3" is a bit of an exaggeration, unless you have very skinny thighs, how could you get out of your table. :D

We never felt rushed, ever. We had the same server for a 14 day B2B and told him our Steakhouse and Chef's Table nights. He appreciated it.

You push your chair back and walk around it. 3” is not an exaggeration in some dining rooms.

no, you would have to push the table out if you are on the bench seat. The tables are at least a foot apart, albeit they do look very close. Definitely illegal in the U.S. as far as fire marshals.

That’s only if there are not chairs on each side of the tables. The lined up tables for two don’t always have a bench on one side. That is definitely not illegal in the US either. What’s the difference between a table for 4 with 4 chairs around the table and two tables for 2 3” apart? Other than being annoying if you’re a party of two sitting inches from the next table.

3 " is not much of an exaggeration. The wait staff cannot fit in between the tables and they often pull them out to allow the guest to get to the bench.