Travel warnings to Cuba

bxny

I don't think I will ever get there. We had the our first cruise ship go into Bankruptcy. Then signed on for the Fathom which then canceled and were looking at Azamara. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens not to travel to Cuba. Over the past several months, numerous U.S. Embassy Havana employees have been targeted in specific attacks. These employees have suffered significant injuries as a consequence of these attacks. Affected individuals have exhibited a range of physical symptoms including ear complaints and hearing loss, dizziness, headache, fatigue, cognitive issues, and difficulty sleeping.

I said this in an earlier post. As much as I like Mr. Trump (yes I am one of those) I think he wants to go back to pre-Obama status with Cuba. I hope he doesn't for the Cuban people's sake but that is my opinion. You know what they say about opinions...........lol

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

Meanwhile, according to numbers published in the Toronto Star, (June 17, 2015), 1.2 million Canadians visit Cuba each year, making up 40% of all Cuba's visitors.

There are no similar reports from those visitors. Curious.

John

Meanwhile, according to numbers published in the Toronto Star, (June 17, 2015), 1.2 million Canadians visit Cuba each year, making up 40% of all Cuba's visitors.

There are no similar reports from those visitors. Curious.

John

I believe it's just government employees who have reported these symptoms, on the embassy staff of the U.S. and Canada. I don't believe any tourists have been affected. It's probably those pesky Nambians!

Other cruise lines have responded that they are monitoring the situation, but since no visitors have been affected they will continue to cruise to Cuba. My hope is Azamara will do the same. Considering the violence against tourists in Mexico and the widespread travel advisories to that country, I would think that would be a much larger concern. Yet all cruise-lines continue to cruise there and people continue to flock to Mexico.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've received the following statement to share with you:

In regards to the State Department Warning as it relates to Cuba, the statement was made regarding hotels, and nothing has as yet changed as it relates to guests traveling to Cuba via a cruise. There is no reason to believe the guest experience shore side has changed overnight; our sister brand is currently sailing there now and guests are very satisfied with their experience.

With that said, we are monitoring the situation and if anything changes we will provide an update.

Just apply for a Visa for Cuba. How long will it takes to be approved by State Dept.?

Azamara will provide the visa for you. They also provide the necessary medical insurance, included in your cruise fare, for your time in Cuba. It is difficult to find on the website but here is a link to the FAQ's about cruising with Azamara to Cuba.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/destinations/cuba/faq