Loyalty OBC

pthjudy

Please advise on this Loyalty Credit situation.....what do you think we should do next? We are on a 14 day TA and have 19 cruise credits. We will be in a suite and get 2 cruise credits which will give us 21 cruise credits at the end of the cruise.

To my thinking we should get at least 1 Loyalty OBC of $25 on the cruise because theoretically we will have 20 before 21. I called Princess but they said it would be up to the Captain Circle person on the cruise to determine this. Does this sound correct and reasonable based on your knowledge and/or experience?

In my opinion (which isn't worth much but have had a lot of Princess experience), you must have COMPLETED 20 cruise credits in order to get the loyalty OBC and since you will be completing credit # 20 and 21 simultaneously, you won't get it until your next cruise. You would have a better argument if the 14 days were actually 2 7-day back-2-backs. But it's always worth asking the Captain's Circle person. You may get lucky and get a very accommodating person who gives you the credit on this cruise. Good luck!

In my opinion (which isn't worth much but have had a lot of Princess experience), you must have COMPLETED 20 cruise credits in order to get the loyalty OBC and since you will be completing credit # 20 and 21 simultaneously, you won't get it until your next cruise. You would have a better argument if the 14 days were actually 2 7-day back-2-backs. But it's always worth asking the Captain's Circle person. You may get lucky and get a very accommodating person who gives you the credit on this cruise. Good luck!

My opinion is worth much either but I think your right about this one.

Please advise on this Loyalty Credit situation.....what do you think we should do next? We are on a 14 day TA and have 19 cruise credits. We will be in a suite and get 2 cruise credits which will give us 21 cruise credits at the end of the cruise.

To my thinking we should get at least 1 Loyalty OBC of $25 on the cruise because theoretically we will have 20 before 21. I called Princess but they said it would be up to the Captain Circle person on the cruise to determine this. Does this sound correct and reasonable based on your knowledge and/or experience?

Sorry, but the cruises credits and days sailed are updated at the end of each cruise. You will not qualify for Loyalty credit until your next cruise.

Sorry, but the cruises credits and days sailed are updated at the end of each cruise. You will not qualify for Loyalty credit until your next cruise.

Thanks everyone....thought someone may have saw a loop hole I did not....will wait for next cruise for a little bit more OBC....amazingly it all adds up pretty fast...:)

• 1 month later...
Are cruise credits number of cruises? Mine says 16 cruises and 136 cruise days. Not sure what cruise record are. Thanks

Generally they are the number of cruises, but for longer cruises, you will get additional credits. Also, I believe you get extra cruise credits for traveling solo since you pay double. There may be other things that impact the cruise credit counts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Generally they are the number of cruises, but for longer cruises, you will get additional credits. Also, I believe you get extra cruise credits for traveling solo since you pay double. There may be other things that impact the cruise credit counts.

Not true. You get a credit per segment. A 15 day cruise with two segments gets two credits. A 15 day cruise that is a single segment gets one credit.

(Of course additional credits if sailing single or in a full suite)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You may be talking about another cruise line. Princess has only given the cruise credits based upon the number of cruises you've taken even if booked as 1 cruise and they are B2B.

You only get the second Loyalty credit if you have booked the two legs as separate cruises.

Of course, but the question specifically asked about b2b’s, it goes without saying that the legs are separate. Otherwise it wouldn’t be considered b2b!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You may be talking about another cruise line. Princess has only given the cruise credits based upon the number of cruises you've taken even if booked as 1 cruise and they are B2B.

No, we’ve got 37 Princess cruises and longer ones (such as a 28 day TA last year) we booked as one cruise but we got 2 cruise credits for it. (See screenshot of my cruise history attached). [ATTACH]416976

I’ve not done a world cruise, but they give multiple cruise credits for those too depending on the length of the world cruise segment taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMG_1521466434.467710.thumb.jpg.7278bab2ac64fe857c25cb5d64476d0e.jpg