Loyalty OBC

pthjudy

It sure sounds that way.

I'm going to change my wife's address in the personalizer before our next cruise & see what happens.

The worst that can occur is nothing.

Hi floridalover5623, as it has been reported I think the OP said they noticed the $25 posted 6 days before sailing, I would make sure if you were going to change the address to do it at least a couple weeks before sailing. Please post if this ultimately gives you the result you were hoping and have been told to expect.

Hi floridalover5623, as it has been reported I think the OP said they noticed the $25 posted 6 days before sailing, I would make sure if you were going to change the address to do it at least a couple weeks before sailing. Please post if this ultimately gives you the result you were hoping and have been told to expect.

We're about a little over 2 weeks out right now.

Tomorrow sounds like a good day for the test.

Since most adult US passports are good for ten years, people have been known to move before expiration. Also in your cruise personalizer for travel document, it only asks for number, issue and expiration date, no address. I don't know of any instance/princess requirement where there is a need to cross check/match address in passport with address in princess profile? As far as I know, your address in passport does not need to match address in Princess profile.

USA passports do not have your address in them unless you choose to write it in.

What about OBC for your wife?

Did you get it for her account also

assuming she had a different address?

It was listed under my name only. My wife and I reside at the same address. I would never list a false address for her just to get more OBC out of Princess. I am just thankful for the credit I do receive as it is a gift from Princess.

It was listed under my name only. My wife and I reside at the same address. I would never list a false address for her just to get more OBC out of Princess. I am just thankful for the credit I do receive as it is a gift from Princess.

That's OK. Understood.

I had to change my address for accounting purposes only. I wouldn't want the wrong address in the system if an emergency happened.

Yes, that's the location but it's not posted until 4 or 5 days prior to the actual sailing date according to wallyj.

I’ve kicked the other half out of the house, will wait and see if we are $25 better off

I believe many passengers/couples have access to a secondary address, such as second/vacation home or relative. The address in your Princess profile is used to send marketing and other Princess materials. Your cruise personalizer always request emergency contact info if you care to provide for your particular cruise. I have never suggested you list a FALSE address, just a different one if you are traveling with someone with the same address if you felt you are both entitled to your loyalty OBC.

I believe many passengers/couples have access to a secondary address, such as second/vacation home or relative. The address in your Princess profile is used to send marketing and other Princess materials. Your cruise personalizer always request emergency contact info if you care to provide for your particular cruise. I have never suggested you list a FALSE address, just a different one if you are traveling with someone with the same address if you felt you are both entitled to your loyalty OBC.

Another quick example, 2 couples decide to book cabins so the other spouse/partner is booked in the non partner cabin so each cabin has passengers with different addresses. Each passenger would then get thier individual loyalty OBC. On board they go to passengers services to get pass keys to the other cabin. Would you view this booking scenario as unethical? Even if you did, I feel it is up to each individual to decide what they are willing to do and hopefully understand the consequences, if any. This thread was started because the OP was told the loyalty OBC was per person and it is not per cabin like the shareholders OBC. Unfortunately misinformation was given and I am only trying to explain what I have learned Princess to define as HOUSEHOLD and each person can decide how they want to handle thier future bookings.

btw-There is one check mark on their form asking if you want to be contacted my mail or not.

So you always have the option of receiving paper mail at the other address.

• 2 weeks later...

We received the loyalty OBC this morning for out 2 B2B trips next week. Although we now have different addresses, the OBC was processed only based on once per cabin and is only shown for the first leg of the B2B.

Zero dollars for the second leg.

Could it be that you were confused about that fact? :confused:

I'll leave it as 2 different addresses for now but it did nothing for me.

It was nice to actually see it in print other than waiting till we boarded the ship.

If the b2b’s were actually booked as 2 7-day voyages (separate voyage numbers), you should get it for the 2nd week also. I suspect it will show up on your travel summary for that voyage next week. We’ve got b2b’s on the Regal Mar 4 & 11 that are separate voyages but “linked” so that hopefully we’ll get to keep the same room (we booked a guarantee that hasn’t yet been assigned). Guess I’ll find out for myself soon!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If the b2b’s were actually booked as 2 7-day voyages (separate voyage numbers), you should get it for the 2nd week also. I suspect it will show up on your travel summary for that voyage next week. We’ve got b2b’s on the Regal Mar 4 & 11 that are separate voyages but “linked” so that hopefully we’ll get to keep the same room (we booked a guarantee that hasn’t yet been assigned). Guess I’ll find out for myself soon!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That has been our experience. If a b2b is booked as one cruise, we got one Loyalty OBC. If it was booked as two cruises (separate booking numbers), we got two awards.

We received the loyalty OBC this morning for out 2 B2B trips next week. Although we now have different addresses, the OBC was processed only based on once per cabin and is only shown for the first leg of the B2B.

Zero dollars for the second leg.

Could it be that you were confused about that fact? :confused:

I'll leave it as 2 different addresses for now but it did nothing for me.

It was nice to actually see it in print other than waiting till we boarded the ship.

If you have time, on day 1, see the captains circle host and ask, as my understanding, the benefit is based on household. The second leg should get loyalty if it was booked separately meaning has a different booking number and usually 6 days before sailing date. See previous posts regarding b2b.

If you have time, on day 1, see the captains circle host and ask, as my understanding, the benefit is based on household. The second leg should get loyalty if it was booked separately meaning has a different booking number and usually 6 days before sailing date. See previous posts regarding b2b.

Oh, I will ask her but unfortunately I know who the Capt circle is & sh'e very hard to talk to so I'm not sure I'll get a straight answer. Many others have the same opinion. ;)

btw- we did book our B2B trips with separate booking numbers but at that time we had the same address.

What did strike me as a little strange was that the loyalty credit for both B2B's was posted against the first leg only & not split equally for both trips.

Oh, I will ask her but unfortunately I know who the Capt circle is & sh'e very hard to talk to so I'm not sure I'll get a straight answer. Many others have the same opinion. ;)

btw- we did book our B2B trips with separate booking numbers but at that time we had the same address.

What did strike me as a little strange was that the loyalty credit for both B2B's was posted against the first leg only & not split equally for both trips.

We have never received the Loyalty OBC before the cruise. It has always been posted the first day.

We have never received the Loyalty OBC before the cruise. It has always been posted the first day.

I never knew that they listed it either until wallyj mentioned where to find it.

It's not under the "Payments & Credits" section as you would think.

It's listed under "Boarding Pass & Travel Summary" and then under "Print Travel Summary" at the bottom. It only appears about a week before you actually cruise.

I never knew that they listed it either until wallyj mentioned where to find it.

It's not under the "Payments & Credits" section as you would think.

It's listed under "Boarding Pass & Travel Summary" and then under "Print Travel Summary" at the bottom. It only appears about a week before you actually cruise.

Our loyalty credit showed up the same day you reported it on CC for the same cruise we are both on. Until recently I never really paid attention to the Travel Summary.

Please advise on this Loyalty Credit situation.....what do you think we should do next? We are on a 14 day TA and have 19 cruise credits. We will be in a suite and get 2 cruise credits which will give us 21 cruise credits at the end of the cruise.

To my thinking we should get at least 1 Loyalty OBC of $25 on the cruise because theoretically we will have 20 before 21. I called Princess but they said it would be up to the Captain Circle person on the cruise to determine this. Does this sound correct and reasonable based on your knowledge and/or experience?