Noro on marina now?

RJB

Doubt it was back to back. It was about 7:30am and from our balcony we could see people coming on and the band was playing to welcome them. We were really surprised because we had been told that the whole boat was going to be fumigated.

That sounds strange. In all of our cruises new boarders couldn't board before 11am. We certainly have never been able to board as early as 7:30.

Perhaps TAs come on board for a visit? Which if they were supposedly deep cleansing, doesn't make much sense either.

Mura

So, bottom line, Is there still Noro on ship or did the cleaning work? Hope it did.

Was it norovirus? I would like to see that officially for my correspondence.

God forbid the cruise line should be blamed in anyway,with contaminated cruise line water (which everyone was drinking from jugs,yuk),contaminated food,a sick waiter or cook,dirty surfaces or air contamination, as the source!

So, bottom line, Is there still Noro on ship or did the cleaning work? Hope it did.

They can clean the ship but not the people! All it takes is a continuing or new passenger or crew member that is ill and it will start all over again.

Was it norovirus? I would like to see that officially for my correspondence.

God forbid the cruise line should be blamed in anyway,with contaminated cruise line water (which everyone was drinking from jugs,yuk),contaminated food,a sick waiter or cook,dirty surfaces or air contamination, as the source!

They will never tell you since by law they do not have to. Don't know what Oceania should be blamed for, but I am sure they have some. Can't know when they clam up about everything. Just my take on things. :(:(:(

Given the prevalence of different strains of illness allover not sure a shipboard report of the suspected causes would be significant. Best to have gotten the flu (or possibly senior shot) and pneumonia shot and hope for the best. Of course, when sick get treatment ... whether at home or traveling.

Could the early boarders be decontamination staff or extra staff to help...?

We saw them when we were in the lobby waiting to walk down the stairs to deck 4 to disembark. They looked like passengers to me.

I'm guessing they were passengers who arrived on very early flights, perhaps an Oceania charter or an Oceania-booked scheduled flight, and had cruise line transfers to the ship. Flights to Tahiti often arrive very early in the morning.

We saw them when we were in the lobby waiting to walk down the stairs to deck 4 to disembark. They looked like passengers to me.

I'm guessing they were passengers who arrived on very early flights, perhaps an Oceania charter or an Oceania-booked scheduled flight, and had cruise line transfers to the ship. Flights to Tahiti often arrive very early in the morning.

That was my guess as well. Some were carrying pillows. Others had those silly inflatable thingies around their necks. Ages ran from early teens to 70-80ish.

Weeks befor our cruise, we got a mail from Oceania through our TA with this:

ARRIVING GUESTS WITH TRANSFERS

Upon arrival to Papeete, guests who purchased Oceania Cruises transfers from the airport to the ship will be greeted at the airport.

Checked luggage for guests with air reservations and transfers purchased through Oceania Cruises will be transferred from the airport directly to the ship.

Guests with air and transfer arrangements purchased through Oceania Cruises, who are arriving on an early morning flight (prior to 9:00 am), will be transferred to the ship for early embarkation. Guests must remain in the public areas until an announcement is made that their suite or stateroom is ready.

John

Weeks befor our cruise, we got a mail from Oceania through our TA with this:

ARRIVING GUESTS WITH TRANSFERS

Upon arrival to Papeete, guests who purchased Oceania Cruises transfers from the airport to the ship will be greeted at the airport.

Checked luggage for guests with air reservations and transfers purchased through Oceania Cruises will be transferred from the airport directly to the ship.

Guests with air and transfer arrangements purchased through Oceania Cruises, who are arriving on an early morning flight (prior to 9:00 am), will be transferred to the ship for early embarkation. Guests must remain in the public areas until an announcement is made that their suite or stateroom is ready.

John

I guess they've decided from past experience that this might be better than having guests hangout at the town hall, or wherever they put them in the past, half a day.

I guess they've decided from past experience that this might be better than having guests hangout at the town hall, or wherever they put them in the past, half a day.

Yes, but quite surprising to see a lot new guests embark while many 'older' guests waiting to get off.