Can you make a reservation for dinner in Solarium Bistro on the Anthem?

We tried on the Cruise Planner but it says that it's "not available during this meal time"? It's for the St Martin day and on older compasses it shows the restaurant being open for dinner. We have early dining but will not make it back to the ship in time.

Also just to check, most items are complimentary at Solarium Bistro? Is it a buffet like on Allure/Oasis? Thanks!

We made a reservation while on the ship.

Yes, it's mostly complimentary wth a couple of entrees available at an additional charge. The appetizers and desserts are buffet style. The entrees are delivered to your table.

I/we made dining reservations-but it was for about 8pm. Every picture I have seen from the Bistro looks like there is plenty of room! Make sure you mention that you were in port late. I have MTD -so maybe that is why they let me make a reservation.

I am not sure why it isn't more popular. My party absolutely loved it and loved having the option of getting a whole Maine lobster for $20. The service was excellent and the food in the "Serve yourself" area was awesome. We did not like the main dining room and/or Windjammer at all so we ate most of our meals here.

^^^^I guess - I didn't find it strange at all though. My party are very plain eaters too. My sister had salmon. My mom had the chicken. Hubby had the strip steak. The open buffet area was tilapia, stuffed peppers, calamari, different veggies, salads, soups - it wasn't as "weird" as I thought it would be after viewing the menu. I highly recommend it!

^^^^I guess - I didn't find it strange at all though. My party are very plain eaters too. My sister had salmon. My mom had the chicken. Hubby had the strip steak. The open buffet area was tilapia, stuffed peppers, calamari, different veggies, salads, soups - it wasn't as "weird" as I thought it would be after viewing the menu. I highly recommend it!

I agree, we love it too. I'm glad it's not too crowded, but I've wondered if the bean counters would make them change the menu to increase sales because it's underperforming in dollars per square foot.

I agree, we love it too. I'm glad it's not too crowded, but I've wondered if the bean counters would make them change the menu to increase sales because it's underperforming in dollars per square foot.

Does anyone have a picture of the menu ?

I actually didn't take a photo; however, we felt the "buffet" they offered there alone was enough food to have a complete dinner. I wish I could remember all of what they had in the buffet. The stuffed peppers were my favorite and the calamari w/ dipping sauce.

Check out Anthem reviews for the correct menu. The linked menu above is not the menu on Anthem. Anthem's Solarium Bistro only has a few entrees on the menu. There is salmon, shrimp, chicken kabob and a couple of others that are complimentary. There is also a lamb chop and a lobster entree that are an additional charge, $10 for the lamb, not sure about the lobster but it is cheaper than the lobster on the MDR menu.

The appetizers are all on a buffet as colleenco stated. We felt we didn't need to order an entree either as the buffet was excellent.

We tried on the Cruise Planner but it says that it's "not available during this meal time"? It's for the St Martin day and on older compasses it shows the restaurant being open for dinner. We have early dining but will not make it back to the ship in time.

Also just to check, most items are complimentary at Solarium Bistro? Is it a buffet like on Allure/Oasis? Thanks!

I have made a dinner reservation at Solarium Bistro for the 8/31/17 Anthem sailing. All nine days and lots of times were available. When is your cruise?

Our family of 8 was on Anthem in December and dined at Solarium Bistro twice. We found the food quite good on our first visit and wanted to go again on the last night. We were sitting outside at the Solarium Bar and the app said no reservations were available, yet we could see the restaurant was empty. Went to the dining station and they were glad to seat us again with our same waiter.

The first night we ordered 3 "Maine lobsters" for the table @ $20 each. None of the "Maine lobsters" had claws. The lamb chops were $10 extra, not really worth it. All the included food was quite good, maybe someone from New England can figure out if this is a "Maine lobster".

Lobster_zpsluzo5jgp.jpg

It is absolutely needed as a complimentary venue on the Anthem to alleviate overcrowding in the four main dining rooms.

I think they already have, at least to reduce costs. I've only been to the solarium bistro on anthem three times in the past year or so. The menu was larger and fewer of the items had a fee attached when it was devinely decadence. the food was tastier then too. They then renamed it as SB and took some items off the menu. The SB menu this March seemed smaller than it was last March.

I think they already have, at least to reduce costs. I've only been to the solarium bistro on anthem three times in the past year or so. The menu was larger and fewer of the items had a fee attached when it was devinely decadence. the food was tastier then too. They then renamed it as SB and took some items off the menu. The SB menu this March seemed smaller than it was last March.

I did not see any diminution in the menu from January 2016 to January 2017.

Our family of 8 was on Anthem in December and dined at Solarium Bistro twice. We found the food quite good on our first visit and wanted to go again on the last night. We were sitting outside at the Solarium Bar and the app said no reservations were available, yet we could see the restaurant was empty. Went to the dining station and they were glad to seat us again with our same waiter.

The first night we ordered 3 "Maine lobsters" for the table @ $20 each. None of the "Maine lobsters" had claws. The lamb chops were $10 extra, not really worth it. All the included food was quite good, maybe someone from New England can figure out if this is a "Maine lobster".

Lobster_zpsluzo5jgp.jpg

I would not pay $20 extra for that. A Maine lobster better have some claws on it. Also why split the tail open like that, it's going to be prone to drying out. I was not impressed with that dining venue on my cruise. The menu someone posted looks actually very depressing and a lamb chop would not cause me to cough up $10 either. Sorry no thanks.

^^^ In response to Groucho - I agree that the menu seems depressing but what blew us away was the "buffet" offerings at the Solarium. It was smaller and better quality than what was in Windjammer we thought. I am attaching a picture of my lobster as well. I felt it was well worth $20 because back home here in Philly this would be way more then $20. ndxMGQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...