Who has the best JAX to HKG/ SIN to JAX

Gail & Marty sailing away

What do you mean by this word? It's about the worst word to use on this forum when asking for advice, as it has so many different meanings.

Excellent point!!! A frustration shared here.

A place like Flyertalk might be a better place for this sort of research, but I think most would say Singapore Air out of SFO or LAX, or the possibility of going Emirates east bound from FL. Particularly if flying Business or First.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Who has the best flights 2/26 JAX to HKG and then 3/30 SIN to JAX thanks

Do you mean:

Who has the cheapest flights?

or

Who has the connections that you prefer? (and those would be what?)

or

Who flies a particular aircraft or seating arrangement you desire? (and those would be what?)

or

something else entirely???

"Best" can mean many different things. ;)

Singapore Air first class suites. Just $20,000 roundtrip so not too bad. If you can get that, try Emirates first. Might only be $18,000.

Sounds cheap. I'd have thought a G650 would be best, with a stop off on the west coast to restock the catering and Krug.

pra_gulfstreamg650_n773mj_ext2.jpg

Edited by fbgd

On a relatively recent cruise, I was asking one couple how they were routing from our South American endpoint back to their home in the USA.

Her answer: "We just let the pilot of our own jet decide what route to take. But sometimes he let's me sit in the co-pilot seat."

I didn't bother to ask if it was a G650 or just a G-V. ;)

Best connections fair price a economy comfort seating

Well, looking at ITA Matrix (which you could do as well), I think I would take the Virgin/Cathy Pacific routing JAX-JFK-HKG-SIN, and the same back. It has a long layover, but it is still the shortest flight over all.

Who has the best flights 2/26 JAX to HKG and then 3/30 SIN to JAX thanks

NOT YET SAILED

Holland Prinsendam 11/14 -28 days

Holland Ryndam 1/15 -14 days

Holland Volendam 3/15 -28 days

Holland Rotterdam 4/15 - 18 days

Holland Veendam 6/15 - 14 days

Vantage River Cruise 8/15 - 21 days

Princess Emerald 8/15 -14 days

Holland Eurodam 9 /15 -17 days

Holland Prinsendam 10/15 - 28 days

Like the others' date=' I don't think there's a "best" solution; everything depends on your preferences and definitions.

But I'm going to reference the above list of upcoming cruises. I don't know in what part of the world all these are occurring; from the timing it looks like some of them are in Europe, maybe some in North America or the Caribbean, and... well, anywhere. What it DOES show is that you travel and cruise a lot. I/we have no idea of your traveling style, whether you go for cheapest, or fastest - or if you have elite status with some airline or other that allows you to upgrade, or use frequent flyer miles...

But I'll just take a shot in the dark and suggest that with this much travel and the frequency with which you're in the air, you might want to approach the HKG/SIN question from another angle.

Not many leisure travelers in North America (comparatively more in Australia/NZ, it seems) are familiar with round-the-world tickets. I don't want to go into a lengthy narrative about them here, but briefly these are tickets that allow up to 16 flights, in the course of which you must cross both the Atlantic and Pacific in the same direction, and end up in the same country (not necessarily the same city) where you started. The tickets are good for a year, and allow schedule changes for free and route changes for a nominal sum, almost always less than change fees associated with ordinary tickets.

One big feature of these tickets is that they are priced VERY differently depending on where you buy the ticket and begin the trip. As a rule, North America (which in airline terms includes the US, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico, Central America) is an expensive place to start/end RTW tickets, while western Europe is cheaper for economy-fare RTWs, and Japan, the Middle East and southern Africa are cheaper for business-class RTWs (on a country-by-country basis, e.g. Jordan is relatively cheap, Dubai much less so.)

As an example, a business-class four-continent Oneworld Explorer (the most popular product) will cost around $11,000 plus taxes in North America, but around $5400 in South Africa or around $6000 in Egypt. That covers 16 business- or first-class flights over a year, up to six of which can be in North America (including Caribbean, Central America, Alaska etc.) and four in all other visited continents, plus intercontinental travel. At six grand, that works out to $375 per business/first class flight, not bad for, say, New York to Hong Kong, or Buenos Aires to London.

In your case, it wouldn't take a genius to look at your planned travel on a map with dates penciled onto stickies, then plot out a flight plan in which you could start an RTW someplace cheap, then move to cruise location A, then to B, then maybe fly home and use some of the allowed North American flights to flit around - is there an Alaska cruise in that list somewhere? Mexican? - then before the year is up, fly to another overseas cruise location, then finish where you started.

Here's an imaginary business class RTW route that starts in Jordan (or Israel, same price) and hits your Hong Kong and Singapore stops, then flies you home, allows an Alaska trip and a Caribbean one, then ends with a European trip (river cruise?) before ending back in the Middle East. This is imaginary, but illustrates how these things work. You might have to pay (with money or miles) for a "positioning" flight in the first place, or use one of your current planned trips to get in the neighborhood, as it were. Same goes if you wanted to start in Japan en route to Hong Kong; you could do the same trip using Japan as a start/end point, a little more expensive than Jordan but maybe easier to get to. Here's another imaginary route. Fly on miles or cheaply to Japan, pick up the RTW ticket, then at the end use more miles (you'll have earned a ton) to fly home.

Note you earn full frequent flyer mileage (and lots of bonus miles once you have elite status and/or fly in premium cabins) so RTWs are great ways to leverage "free" travel going forward.

I did a lengthy piece on another site covering the basics of RTWs. Here's the link. I'd encourage you to look at it as you plan future travels. In the present case for your upcoming Asian travels, it might hold the "best" solution.

RTW sounds like a good idea but 2015 air is half booked already . THANKS

With the amount of travelling you do' date=' you really need to consider your FF miles options. You could easily be earning enough to be flying business class on at least some of your trips.[/color']

On a relatively recent cruise, I was asking one couple how they were routing from our South American endpoint back to their home in the USA.

Her answer: "We just let the pilot of our own jet decide what route to take. But sometimes he let's me sit in the co-pilot seat."

You didn't ask to hitch a ride????:eek:;):D

Best connections fair price a economy comfort seating

You still haven't provided the details necessary for some of the very helpful people on this board to give you an answer that works for you.

You say best connections but don't define "best".... does that mean shortest connections so you can get there in the least amount of time possible? Does it mean connections that allow lots of wiggle room for delays and/or relaxing at airports along the way and/or enjoying a stopover? Does it mean connecting in a particular airport because you like the lounge there' date=' or avoiding a particular airport for some reason?

And no one can possibly know what you consider a [b']"fair" price[/b]. Have you seen a price you weren't willing to pay and if so how much was it? Is there a certain threshold you need to stay under because you've only set aside X amount of dollars for the trip?

I take it this wasn't on Carnival ;)

Can't have been much of an aircraft if it didn't have a mandatory two crew cockpit ;)

You still haven't provided the details necessary for some of the very helpful people on this board to give you an answer that works for you.

You say best connections but don't define "best".... does that mean shortest connections so you can get there in the least amount of time possible? Does it mean connections that allow lots of wiggle room for delays and/or relaxing at airports along the way and/or enjoying a stopover? Does it mean connecting in a particular airport because you like the lounge there, or avoiding a particular airport for some reason?

And no one can possibly know what you consider a "fair" price. Have you seen a price you weren't willing to pay and if so how much was it? Is there a certain threshold you need to stay under because you've only set aside X amount of dollars for the trip?

You guys are all trying too hard.

I can recommend Sky High Airlines, particularly if you can score a deal in Royalty Class

http://www.skyhighairlines.com

If FlyDubai gets their new planes as planned before December, they are going to start flying nonstop Washington, DC to Dubai. Easy (and generally cheap) connections to most places in Asia.

As the war supposedly ends in Afghanistan and new people are being moved in and out of Kuwait to take care of ISIS and Syria, FlyDubai signed a contract with our government to move these people (if their new planes arrive). These will be regularly scheduled flights that anyone can fly on, not strictly government charters. The prices are pretty darn cheap in business class-at least as projected currently. Word coming out of Bagram-about $3800 RT. Contractors are credited with $2174 for the flights in economy if they use miles for their flights so the upgrade for the long haul flight in business is not too bad. These are the nonstop Delta flights into Kuwait-then a free Gryphon flight from Camp Arifjan to Dubai if they are going into Afghanistan.

IF FlyDubai gets their new long haul planes, it might be worth looking into. Most any place in Asia is a very short hop from Dubai.

And you might get a free stopover in Iran or Allepo (let's hope not-already happened once)

I take it this wasn't on Carnival ;)

Seabourn. Signature suite.

Can't have been much of an aircraft if it didn't have a mandatory two crew cockpit ;)
Both crew were CFI, and the lady was a "student", so it was logged as instruction time. Or so I was told.

Just a wee bit past my budget line...at least until I pick the right Powerball numbers.