Young Couple's Review - Liberty of the Seas - 5/14-5/21 2017- Western Caribbean

This review is coming from a young (21 and 23) and active/adventurous couple’s view. I know that I spent hours looking all around the forums and found some extremely helpful info, but sometimes it is hard to relate to the people writing the reviews. I hope to give maybe a little bit of a different perspective with this review!

Apologies in advance if I write and ramble too much!

This was my 7th Royal cruise and 3rd for my girlfriend. Always pick the big ships due to my love for the Flowrider! Neither of us drink, but I did get the Royal Refreshment drink package (non alcoholic cocktails, coffees, juice, red bull, soda, etc.) We had an interior cabin on deck 2, first time ever having a cabin that low and I was a little nervous, but we loved it. GF and I discussed the positive and negatives between a higher deck and a lower deck, but we really came to the conclusion that lower is better for some things, and higher is better for others. I did like the layout of this room better compared to the new rooms they added on deck 12, which we had last year.

Main Points:

• MDR every night - Loved it
  • No scheduled excursions
  • Flowrider broke on Day 2 (One pump for remainder of cruise, no stand up)
  • Loved the Cruise Director, but never knew his name
  • Food was overall better than I remember (Especially Sorrentos pizza and cookies)
    • Food highlights- Pepperoni pizza, coconut ranger cookies, chocolate pound cake, Lobster tail, Shrimp Ravioli, Shrimp Dumplings, Sugar Free Pineapple Blast, Carrot Cake

[*]I buy the Refreshment package purely so that I can get Red Bull in the can, or in mixed drinks. But every single day I had trouble finding a place that had Red Bull available. Multiple times I walked to 4 different places to get one and eventually gave up. I find this extremely frustrating when I spent a large amount of money for the drink package.

[*]Certain bartenders seemed to be emotionless. Some were super awesome and I even have contact info from Mark at the pool bar. But I feel like a lot of the time the bartenders just acted like they were annoyed to be dealing with me. Not sure the reason.

[*]Hard Selling was much more prevalent than last year, especially the first day. It did seem that they were pushing everything more than usual. Not a problem though, just say “no thanks”.

[*]Had a drain problem in the shower the first day, but it was fixed immediately after notifying our room attendant.

Saturday Before - Drove down from the Austin area in the family's RV and stayed in a nice RV park on the island. It was nice to relax and know that we are so close to the port for the next morning. When we cruised out of Galveston last year, we just got up super early the morning of and drove down, which worked out fine as well, it is just a lot more hectic.

Day 1 - Embarkation Day - Our family drove us to the port in the RV to drop us off curbside. We got to the port area at about 9:45am, waited about 10 or so minutes in traffic on the street, and then quickly dropped us off in front. Dropped our bags at the porter area. Walked right through security with no lines and walked right up to check in. We were in the waiting area, anxiously waiting to board within minutes. The whole new security, check in, and waiting area are very nice, especially compared to last year during construction. We were walking the Promenade, enjoying some cafe snacks right before 11am. Hung out by the pool which was quiet. Went over to the Flowrider just to get our wristbands, but there was literally nobody in line, so I had the wave to myself for about 15 minutes (boogie only first day), and then stayed in line for a while with only about 5 people. Met Charlie from the sports team and he was AWESOME the entire cruise. He helped me learn a new style of riding and was just tons of fun. Muster went as usual.

Day 2 - Sea Day - I get up every morning to go to Advanced Flowrider at 9am. Only about 6 people there. Always a great time. GF and I workout after on sea days. Gym is pretty great, except always pretty crowded on that first day. Lunch in windjammer was great this day as they had the shrimp pasta. Headed out to the pool. It was crowded of course, but still found chairs on the pool deck level. Caught the tail end of World's Sexiest Man contest. I didn't participate this time, even though I had the previous 3 cruises. Always draws a big crowd and fun to be a part of. After some time at the pool, we always head down to the Promenade for Pizza and cookies. Back to the pool for a bit and then get ready for 1st formal night. I did stop by the flowrider to check the times and saw the sports team practicing, and one of the pumps broke while I was there. (was hoping it would be a quick fix.) We always dress up, at least a suit for me. Personally I wish that the dress code would be enforced in the MDR. I do feel like when someone walks in with a t-shirt, that it kills my “this is a nice dinner” vibe. But we just enjoy ourselves. Ended up at a table for 4, but the other 2 never showed up once. 5th floor, table 589. Fabian (Head) and Miguel (Assistant) were our waiters and they were phenomenal. Great service every night. Late night 18+ comedy was awesome, we were laughing throughout.

Day 3 - Sea Day - Get to the flowrider at 9am and the one pump is still broken. They do not allow stand up on one pump, so boogie it was. (Some passengers were very angry about not allowing stand up). I decided to just make the best of it considering I only ride while on a cruise. I had the wave to myself for 15 minutes again, and then only a few people in line for a while. Enjoyed a workout and then headed to the pool. We got some quick snacks before the pool and got a late lunch at Johnny Rocket’s which was awesome! Who doesn't love unlimited fries and onion rings?! Today was the belly flop contest, which is always an awesome show. We made sure to grab a seat on the edge of the pool in the water. Cruise director was great and there were some great flops! Battle of the Sexes was tonight and I love participating. Always some competition and laughs. Overall fun time. One thing to note is that Battle of the Sexes was held in the Star Lounge (and has been held in Studio B) and it was pretty crowed and made it harder to enjoy to the fullest.

Day 4 - Roatan - Flowrider at 9am and had the whole thing to myself for 45 minutes. Breakfast in the Windjammer, which is the GF’s favorite. Every time we went, I had an omelette made for me and they really loaded them up, which was awesome. All the basic breakfast foods available, plus more. Casually walked right off the ship around 10:45am. Went right to the cab area and went to the same company we used last year. We have our own snorkel gear and fell in love with West Bay. About a 20 minute drive. $30 total, round trip. It is a public beach and completely FREE. Ignore anyone that tells you different. We just walk all the way to the end next to the rock cliff, set our stuff in the shade, and enjoy the view. Awesome snorkeling. A couple we were sitting near saw a sea turtle when they were out there. Plenty of beach vendors walk the beach selling all the junk, as well as activities. We stayed for about 3 hours and our cab was waiting for us exactly when and where he said he would be waiting. Didn’t waste our time at the shops in port and got right back on the ship, no line at all. Love and Marriage show was hilarious as usual. If you haven’t gone before… GO!

Day 5 - Costa Maya - Flowrider at 9am and it was just me and another guy for 45 minutes. Same breakfast again in the windjammer which was great. Easily off the ship around 10:30. First time at this port and I was impressed with the shopping area right at the port. We were able to find some very nice gifts for family at cheaper prices than at places “off the beaten path”. Really interesting designs with the buildings and with all the restaurants. We took the $3pp flat rate shuttle into town. About 10 minute ride. Once in town we walked along the “boardwalk” between the beach and shops. You are definitely hassled by every single person you walk by for a massage, food, junk, etc. We were also told by the shuttle people that this beach is completely public and FREE. We found a quieter area of chairs and snagged two of them right on the water, which are all supposed to be free as well. The water looked gorgeous. There was seaweed, but that didn't ruin anything for me. We weren't planning on snorkeling. After a while of chilling we kept getting harrassed by this one guy saying we had to buy food or drink, which we were clearly told we did not have to do anywhere on the beach to use the FREE chairs. He was so annoying that we just grabbed our stuff and left to go walk around the shops. We ended up back on the beach just setting a towel down under palm trees and we loved it. Bought some mangos and just enjoyed our time relaxing. After a few hours we caught a taxi back to the port for the flat $3pp. Overall, I thought the port was extremely weird. There was no true town. I just could not get a grasp on the place. I really did like the shop area right in port though. Went to the afternoon session for the flowrider either today or Day 6, can't remember, but the line once again was only like 6 people, so I stayed for a bit. Quest was tonight and so much fun! I got roped into dressing up as a woman for the last “Quest” again! Haha Our team ended up winning so it was worth it! Once again, if you haven’t gone to Quest… GO!

Day 6 - Cozumel - Flowrider at 9am again and this time it was just me and two other guys for 30 or so minutes, and then about 6 of us for 15 minutes. WJ breakfast again was great. Easily walked off the ship around 10:30. We planned to just shop and eat this time in Cozumel. Took the $8 cab downtown. Walked around all the shops, junk, diamonds, watches, etc. Cozumel is always enjoyable to shop around. We ended up eating again at Las Palomas and I will never go there again and I would recommend nobody else go there. My GF and I love Mexican food, we are from AZ and Texas and we know good Mexican food. We ordered queso and got a big bowl of nacho cheese sauce like from a gas station. The chilaquiles I ordered barely had any chicken on them, the cheese was barely melted, and the green sauce tasted sour or something. Their chips were good, I will give credit where it’s due. A bummer to our day for sure having subpar Mexican food. Continued on shopping and just took a taxi back to the ship after a bit. This was 2nd formal night, aka, lobster night. Food was awesome! We ended up just relaxing in the cabin and watching movies later that night… and of course snuck out for some late night snacks at the Promenade!

Day 7 - Sea Day - Flowrider at 9am and I had it all to myself for about an hour. Truly amazed at how much awesome time I got on the wave this trip. Enjoyed a nice workout and then snack/lunch in the windjammer. Headed to the pool and we watched the women's cannon ball contest, which was really lame. The staff that ran it were not entertaining. Then I played adult dodgeball which I love doing. Just joined a random group of guys and we got 3rd! Enjoyed some sorrento's and cookies of course. Went back to the pool to cool off as it was a hot day. Band was jamming good today and we had a great time! Played mini golf later, which is always just fun to do. Sadly had to pack our bags to get them out before 11pm, and then enjoyed our last MDR dinner with the great staff. We went to the Karaoke Superstar Finals and it was great! There was some great talent and truly fun to watch.

Day 8 - The Day we never want to come - Went to the Windjammer right before it was closing, which I think was 8:30. We forgot about that, wished they would have maybe made that more well known. Still had a great last breakfast. Pretty sure we were group 15 and not supposed to get off until 10:15 or so, but we went to our meet spot (Star Lounge) and asked if we could leave. Walked right off the ship around 9:15, had our bags and were through customs right around 10:00. I think there were some computer problems at customs, only delayed probably 5 minutes. The family easily picked us up out front and as easy as that, our amazing vacation was over….

Final thoughts - We always love cruising. A vacation is only as good as you allow it to be. Guaranteed that the different problems, or inconveniences that we incurred throughout our trip would have been enough to ruin another’s vacation. No need for that! We had an amazing time and we cannot wait to cruise again with RCI…. Currently planning for an Oasis class!

Any questions or comments, please let me know! I did keep the Cruise Compass from each day if anyone is interested! I hope this was somewhat insightful and from a different point of view! God bless and we will see you on the seas! :ship:

awesome review, any wave rider tips you can offer for beginners?

Grip the board at the widest part of board with elbows on the board, the back end (straight edge in front, rounded end in back) shouldn't be past your hips. Most of your legs should be dragging in water. Look forward and keep the board in the middle until you are comfortable with control. I saw so many people have too much weight on the board when they start that they slide over the padding at the bottom/front of the ride. Pull the board up with your left hand/arm to go right, pull up right to go left. If you start going back too much and you feel the ride is going to spit you out put more pressure on front of board or slide your body forward a bit.

To kneel extend arms put your body weight on them and pull up your knees. The further your knees are back on the board the more control you will have (my knees are at the very edge with most of my lower legs in water) Use your hands for control by putting them in the water flow, but just a little no sudden movements.

Good luck!

Note: the trick to doing 360s is to be at the top of the Royal Caribbean logo. And don't ask about standup do not have that mastered.

We just got off Liberty yesterday and I agree with several of your observations. Most all bar staff we encountered were just going through the motions and extremely annoyed with any specific requests. The only place we were able to get Red Bull consistently was the cupcake shop. They also had Evian water which was hard to come by as well. Overall we were disappointed in this cruise. Time to try something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got off Liberty yesterday and I agree with several of your observations. Most all bar staff we encountered were just going through the motions and extremely annoyed with any specific requests. ...

What we have been told by crewmembers is that each bar staff member gets a cut of the gratuities from the drink packages, but that the amount is not based on the number of drinks they serve. So the more drink packages are sold, the less a bar staff member's income is based on the number of drinks they serve.

• 2 weeks later...
Please, please tell me the name of the taxi company you used at Roatan! We've used Bodden tours 3 times, but really just want to get to West Bay beaches, no island tour needed.

I don't remember the name of the company, but just go out where all the tours are sold and just say that you want to go to West Bay beach. They will find you van that will take you along with the other that want to do that. One time we were lucky and got a taxi just for 2 and it cost us $25 to get West Bay beach. We went to Mayan Princess.

• 7 months later...
Please, please tell me the name of the taxi company you used at Roatan! We've used Bodden tours 3 times, but really just want to get to West Bay beaches, no island tour needed.

I wish I remembered... it was first stand on the right hand side of the aisle of tours, taxis, etc!

We just got off Liberty yesterday and I agree with several of your observations. Most all bar staff we encountered were just going through the motions and extremely annoyed with any specific requests. The only place we were able to get Red Bull consistently was the cupcake shop. They also had Evian water which was hard to come by as well. Overall we were disappointed in this cruise. Time to try something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very frustrating indeed! I think I have decided to just do the soda package on our next cruise!

This review is coming from a young (21 and 23) and active/adventurous couple’s view. I know that I spent hours looking all around the forums and found some extremely helpful info, but sometimes it is hard to relate to the people writing the reviews. I hope to give maybe a little bit of a different perspective with this review!

Apologies in advance if I write and ramble too much!

This was my 7th Royal cruise and 3rd for my girlfriend. Always pick the big ships due to my love for the Flowrider! Neither of us drink, but I did get the Royal Refreshment drink package (non alcoholic cocktails, coffees, juice, red bull, soda, etc.) We had an interior cabin on deck 2, first time ever having a cabin that low and I was a little nervous, but we loved it. GF and I discussed the positive and negatives between a higher deck and a lower deck, but we really came to the conclusion that lower is better for some things, and higher is better for others. I did like the layout of this room better compared to the new rooms they added on deck 12, which we had last year.

Main Points:

• MDR every night - Loved it
  • No scheduled excursions
  • Flowrider broke on Day 2 (One pump for remainder of cruise, no stand up)
  • Loved the Cruise Director, but never knew his name
  • Food was overall better than I remember (Especially Sorrentos pizza and cookies)
    • Food highlights- Pepperoni pizza, coconut ranger cookies, chocolate pound cake, Lobster tail, Shrimp Ravioli, Shrimp Dumplings, Sugar Free Pineapple Blast, Carrot Cake

[*]I buy the Refreshment package purely so that I can get Red Bull in the can, or in mixed drinks. But every single day I had trouble finding a place that had Red Bull available. Multiple times I walked to 4 different places to get one and eventually gave up. I find this extremely frustrating when I spent a large amount of money for the drink package.

[*]Certain bartenders seemed to be emotionless. Some were super awesome and I even have contact info from Mark at the pool bar. But I feel like a lot of the time the bartenders just acted like they were annoyed to be dealing with me. Not sure the reason.

[*]Hard Selling was much more prevalent than last year, especially the first day. It did seem that they were pushing everything more than usual. Not a problem though, just say “no thanks”.

[*]Had a drain problem in the shower the first day, but it was fixed immediately after notifying our room attendant.

Saturday Before - Drove down from the Austin area in the family's RV and stayed in a nice RV park on the island. It was nice to relax and know that we are so close to the port for the next morning. When we cruised out of Galveston last year, we just got up super early the morning of and drove down, which worked out fine as well, it is just a lot more hectic.

Day 1 - Embarkation Day - Our family drove us to the port in the RV to drop us off curbside. We got to the port area at about 9:45am, waited about 10 or so minutes in traffic on the street, and then quickly dropped us off in front. Dropped our bags at the porter area. Walked right through security with no lines and walked right up to check in. We were in the waiting area, anxiously waiting to board within minutes. The whole new security, check in, and waiting area are very nice, especially compared to last year during construction. We were walking the Promenade, enjoying some cafe snacks right before 11am. Hung out by the pool which was quiet. Went over to the Flowrider just to get our wristbands, but there was literally nobody in line, so I had the wave to myself for about 15 minutes (boogie only first day), and then stayed in line for a while with only about 5 people. Met Charlie from the sports team and he was AWESOME the entire cruise. He helped me learn a new style of riding and was just tons of fun. Muster went as usual.

Day 2 - Sea Day - I get up every morning to go to Advanced Flowrider at 9am. Only about 6 people there. Always a great time. GF and I workout after on sea days. Gym is pretty great, except always pretty crowded on that first day. Lunch in windjammer was great this day as they had the shrimp pasta. Headed out to the pool. It was crowded of course, but still found chairs on the pool deck level. Caught the tail end of World's Sexiest Man contest. I didn't participate this time, even though I had the previous 3 cruises. Always draws a big crowd and fun to be a part of. After some time at the pool, we always head down to the Promenade for Pizza and cookies. Back to the pool for a bit and then get ready for 1st formal night. I did stop by the flowrider to check the times and saw the sports team practicing, and one of the pumps broke while I was there. (was hoping it would be a quick fix.) We always dress up, at least a suit for me. Personally I wish that the dress code would be enforced in the MDR. I do feel like when someone walks in with a t-shirt, that it kills my “this is a nice dinner” vibe. But we just enjoy ourselves. Ended up at a table for 4, but the other 2 never showed up once. 5th floor, table 589. Fabian (Head) and Miguel (Assistant) were our waiters and they were phenomenal. Great service every night. Late night 18+ comedy was awesome, we were laughing throughout.

Day 3 - Sea Day - Get to the flowrider at 9am and the one pump is still broken. They do not allow stand up on one pump, so boogie it was. (Some passengers were very angry about not allowing stand up). I decided to just make the best of it considering I only ride while on a cruise. I had the wave to myself for 15 minutes again, and then only a few people in line for a while. Enjoyed a workout and then headed to the pool. We got some quick snacks before the pool and got a late lunch at Johnny Rocket’s which was awesome! Who doesn't love unlimited fries and onion rings?! Today was the belly flop contest, which is always an awesome show. We made sure to grab a seat on the edge of the pool in the water. Cruise director was great and there were some great flops! Battle of the Sexes was tonight and I love participating. Always some competition and laughs. Overall fun time. One thing to note is that Battle of the Sexes was held in the Star Lounge (and has been held in Studio B) and it was pretty crowed and made it harder to enjoy to the fullest.

Day 4 - Roatan - Flowrider at 9am and had the whole thing to myself for 45 minutes. Breakfast in the Windjammer, which is the GF’s favorite. Every time we went, I had an omelette made for me and they really loaded them up, which was awesome. All the basic breakfast foods available, plus more. Casually walked right off the ship around 10:45am. Went right to the cab area and went to the same company we used last year. We have our own snorkel gear and fell in love with West Bay. About a 20 minute drive. $30 total, round trip. It is a public beach and completely FREE. Ignore anyone that tells you different. We just walk all the way to the end next to the rock cliff, set our stuff in the shade, and enjoy the view. Awesome snorkeling. A couple we were sitting near saw a sea turtle when they were out there. Plenty of beach vendors walk the beach selling all the junk, as well as activities. We stayed for about 3 hours and our cab was waiting for us exactly when and where he said he would be waiting. Didn’t waste our time at the shops in port and got right back on the ship, no line at all. Love and Marriage show was hilarious as usual. If you haven’t gone before… GO!

Day 5 - Costa Maya - Flowrider at 9am and it was just me and another guy for 45 minutes. Same breakfast again in the windjammer which was great. Easily off the ship around 10:30. First time at this port and I was impressed with the shopping area right at the port. We were able to find some very nice gifts for family at cheaper prices than at places “off the beaten path”. Really interesting designs with the buildings and with all the restaurants. We took the $3pp flat rate shuttle into town. About 10 minute ride. Once in town we walked along the “boardwalk” between the beach and shops. You are definitely hassled by every single person you walk by for a massage, food, junk, etc. We were also told by the shuttle people that this beach is completely public and FREE. We found a quieter area of chairs and snagged two of them right on the water, which are all supposed to be free as well. The water looked gorgeous. There was seaweed, but that didn't ruin anything for me. We weren't planning on snorkeling. After a while of chilling we kept getting harrassed by this one guy saying we had to buy food or drink, which we were clearly told we did not have to do anywhere on the beach to use the FREE chairs. He was so annoying that we just grabbed our stuff and left to go walk around the shops. We ended up back on the beach just setting a towel down under palm trees and we loved it. Bought some mangos and just enjoyed our time relaxing. After a few hours we caught a taxi back to the port for the flat $3pp. Overall, I thought the port was extremely weird. There was no true town. I just could not get a grasp on the place. I really did like the shop area right in port though. Went to the afternoon session for the flowrider either today or Day 6, can't remember, but the line once again was only like 6 people, so I stayed for a bit. Quest was tonight and so much fun! I got roped into dressing up as a woman for the last “Quest” again! Haha Our team ended up winning so it was worth it! Once again, if you haven’t gone to Quest… GO!

Day 6 - Cozumel - Flowrider at 9am again and this time it was just me and two other guys for 30 or so minutes, and then about 6 of us for 15 minutes. WJ breakfast again was great. Easily walked off the ship around 10:30. We planned to just shop and eat this time in Cozumel. Took the $8 cab downtown. Walked around all the shops, junk, diamonds, watches, etc. Cozumel is always enjoyable to shop around. We ended up eating again at Las Palomas and I will never go there again and I would recommend nobody else go there. My GF and I love Mexican food, we are from AZ and Texas and we know good Mexican food. We ordered queso and got a big bowl of nacho cheese sauce like from a gas station. The chilaquiles I ordered barely had any chicken on them, the cheese was barely melted, and the green sauce tasted sour or something. Their chips were good, I will give credit where it’s due. A bummer to our day for sure having subpar Mexican food. Continued on shopping and just took a taxi back to the ship after a bit. This was 2nd formal night, aka, lobster night. Food was awesome! We ended up just relaxing in the cabin and watching movies later that night… and of course snuck out for some late night snacks at the Promenade!

Day 7 - Sea Day - Flowrider at 9am and I had it all to myself for about an hour. Truly amazed at how much awesome time I got on the wave this trip. Enjoyed a nice workout and then snack/lunch in the windjammer. Headed to the pool and we watched the women's cannon ball contest, which was really lame. The staff that ran it were not entertaining. Then I played adult dodgeball which I love doing. Just joined a random group of guys and we got 3rd! Enjoyed some sorrento's and cookies of course. Went back to the pool to cool off as it was a hot day. Band was jamming good today and we had a great time! Played mini golf later, which is always just fun to do. Sadly had to pack our bags to get them out before 11pm, and then enjoyed our last MDR dinner with the great staff. We went to the Karaoke Superstar Finals and it was great! There was some great talent and truly fun to watch.

Day 8 - The Day we never want to come - Went to the Windjammer right before it was closing, which I think was 8:30. We forgot about that, wished they would have maybe made that more well known. Still had a great last breakfast. Pretty sure we were group 15 and not supposed to get off until 10:15 or so, but we went to our meet spot (Star Lounge) and asked if we could leave. Walked right off the ship around 9:15, had our bags and were through customs right around 10:00. I think there were some computer problems at customs, only delayed probably 5 minutes. The family easily picked us up out front and as easy as that, our amazing vacation was over….

Final thoughts - We always love cruising. A vacation is only as good as you allow it to be. Guaranteed that the different problems, or inconveniences that we incurred throughout our trip would have been enough to ruin another’s vacation. No need for that! We had an amazing time and we cannot wait to cruise again with RCI…. Currently planning for an Oasis class!

Any questions or comments, please let me know! I did keep the Cruise Compass from each day if anyone is interested! I hope this was somewhat insightful and from a different point of view! God bless and we will see you on the seas! :ship:

Great review, thank you. We sail for the first time on LOS and out of Galveston on february 4th. Could you share the Cruise Compasses??? Thanks again

One comment on Costa Maya, down on the beach by the bars and restaurants we usually visit Steve at Tropicante where the "rule" is that yes the loungers and tables are free as long as you buy your food and drink from the establishment that those loungers belong to. I have heard that the same applies as a courtesy to all of them on that strip.

One comment on Costa Maya, down on the beach by the bars and restaurants we usually visit Steve at Tropicante where the "rule" is that yes the loungers and tables are free as long as you buy your food and drink from the establishment that those loungers belong to. I have heard that the same applies as a courtesy to all of them on that strip.

Totally. I get that they are basically all that way, but the way that this guy was handling it just set us off.

It’s also just unfortunate when the cruisers are told one thing, but the locals do not abide by that. Puts a bad taste for the port in our mouth at least!

• 1 month later...
Totally. I get that they are basically all that way, but the way that this guy was handling it just set us off.

It’s also just unfortunate when the cruisers are told one thing, but the locals do not abide by that. Puts a bad taste for the port in our mouth at least!

what you were told was wrong and you expect the locals to abide by it?

the beach is free-

the chairs are not,

what you were told was wrong and you expect the locals to abide by it?

the beach is free-

the chairs are not,

Well, then there were a lot of people with the wrong information... including other locals