Kids Sale Free over

I have been watching a certain cruise like a hawk on Harmony this September. The Kids Sale Free promotion ended yesterday. The Owner's Suite I had my eyes on now cost only $80 more this morning than it did yesterday. Seems like these promotions are just smoke and mirrors.

You want to see what happens when we have 'free' drinks packages included over here in a UK sale.

The price increases are truly eye watering but ships sail full, brilliant marketing I guess.

They substantially raised our the prices on my Symphony cruise so with Kids Sail Free, it costs $1000 more than we are booked at (but only one kid is under free as my older one is 13). I did notice thought that the same weekend Harmony cruise it made a difference so guess it depends.

Royal’s “kids sail free promos” are indeed smoke and mirrors. Carnival is the same way when they run theirs.

The only cruise line where i have encountered a genuine kids sail free promo was on MSC. We sailed on the Divina out of Miami and our children only paid taxes (and the 1st and 2nd rate was not any higher because we were taking advantage of this promo).

We are once again taking advantage of MSC’s kids sail free promo aboard their largest ship, the Meraviglia in the Mediterranean. We have booked an Aurea Duplex Suite (the equivalent of a Crown Loft Suite on Oasis ships), and we are paying literally less than half of what we would pay on Royal for similar accommodations, thanks in part to the fact that our Kids will be sailing once again for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal’s “kids sail free promos” are indeed smoke and mirrors. Carnival is the same way when they run theirs.

The only cruise line where i have encountered a genuine kids sail free promo was on MSC. We sailed on the Divina out of Miami and our children only paid taxes (and the 1st and 2nd rate was not any higher because we were taking advantage of this promo).

NCL does also, except it isn't limited to just kids. Theirs is 3rd and 4th person free.

We took advantage of it for an Alaskan cruise next year.

I don’t know what cruises people are looking at but I find significant savings with the kids sail free promo. I won’t book a cruise anymore without it. I got a junior suite with the kids sail promo for the same price i would of paid for an interior without the promo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have booked grand suites on Harmony for great prices with Kids Sail Free but it is just interesting that this morning without the promo - as it existed yesterday - the same booking is only $19 more per person.

Interesting post about MSC. I am going to take a look at them more seriously now. We like the suite perks on Oasis class but I would rather keep more money in my pocket or get a substantially larger suite for less.

Kids Sail Free is a shell game with RCL, but they do in fact happen occasionally.

Rule #1 make sure you read the fine print on which sailings are excluded. Just clicking to Kids Sail Free promotions doesn't filter results to ONLY eligible dates

Rule #2 make darn sure you have a "pre-Kids Sail free" quote. It's the only way to tell if the discount is actually one, or just a discount on an inflated price. (like seemingly every other dynamic pricing "discount" RCL runs)

KSF is still running for eligible sailings.

I have found that KSF definitely saves a ton of money. There are some rare cases where it doesn't but I have found (and I monitor the prices very closely) that KSF definitely saves a substantial amount of money. It's the only worthwhile promotion in my opinion. The rest are smoke and mirrors.

I may have misspoken. I just checked and KSF is still on. Earlier on both my desktop and lap top the red/purple KSF promo box did not appear under the child age tabs. It is there now. So maybe you are right and the sale ends on May 31. I'll report back what I find on June 1.

Kids Sail Free offered an amazing savings for my family this year. We're cruising over Labor Day on the Oasis for 7 days for around $1700 for the 5 of us, just paying taxes and fees for our 3 kids. A similar cruise on Carnival last year cost us over $3,000!

I have been watching a certain cruise like a hawk on Harmony this September. The Kids Sale Free promotion ended yesterday. The Owner's Suite I had my eyes on now cost only $80 more this morning than it did yesterday. Seems like these promotions are just smoke and mirrors.

Our Anthem 9-night (sailing in 6 days) dropped from $4,500 to $3,000 on a balcony thanks to the pervious KSF promo. A JS dropped from $7,500 for 4 to $4,500 for 4.

Oasis in October, balcony for 4 dropped from $3,800 to $2,200. Just depends on the sailing, I suppose.

I noticed when we booked the KSF promo that the base tickets for the adults went up significantly. It's basically just a marketing tactic. The deal maker for us was the generous amount of OBC offered which will take care of our gratuities and maybe an excursion.

I noticed when we booked the KSF promo that the base tickets for the adults went up significantly. It's basically just a marketing tactic. The deal maker for us was the generous amount of OBC offered which will take care of our gratuities and maybe an excursion.

Not always but lot of the time is due to cabin category. A lower Cat for 2 passengers, higher more expensive Cat for 4 passengers that is a higher cost for passenger 1-2. Then sometimes cabins that hold 3/4 just get charged more...