Movie screen deck11 on Infinity, where is it located?

Pilgrim70

There are many posts talking about the noise from the movie screen on deck 11. The aft cabins seem to be the most affected. We were interested in a cabin on 11 because they are newer, since they were added recently when the ship was modified. Due to noise concerns, we decided to go with an Aqua cabin on deck 9.

There are many posts talking about the noise from the movie screen on deck 11. The aft cabins seem to be the most affected. We were interested in a cabin on 11 because they are newer, since they were added recently when the ship was modified. Due to noise concerns, we decided to go with an Aqua cabin on deck 9.

Yes, they are newer, but they have some unique issues. I recall one cruise where we hit 30-35' seas and we were in 1141. The drawers and doors slammed open and closed....finally had to tape them shut. Door to the balcony had the same issue in calmer seas..and no way to fasten it from the outside....solution, the belt from the robe made a good tie.

Just off the infinity....and went to deck 11 to see about noise. My assessment is that in port, you will hear the movie clearly from any room behind the stack....and definitely in the rear facing ones. When at sea and there is wind/background noise...not so much. I could barely hear it standing on the steps leading from the bar to deck 11. They do run the movies until almost midnight so if there is noise in the cabins....hopefully you are partying, not trying to sleep.

We will not book deck 11 again....but it's almost a moot point since Celebrity is trying to get a large premium for the aqua cabins on most cruises. We'll stick to c2 (at c3 price) on M class ships...not because they are concierge class or the points...because they are physically bigger than the other veranda cabins on those ships.

If you do book deck 9 aqua, I suggest that you book 9108 or further back or the equivalent on the other side to avoid noise from above. We have been in 9108/10/12 and they have all been relatively quiet although there is some fan noise from the area where the inside cabins would be. Do not, under any circumstances, book a cabin under the gym....early birds and classes from 6:30am thumping above your head.

• 4 months later...

We have been in cabin 1122 and I had to call and complain about the movie noise as did the cabin next to us.

I am not a fan of outdoor movies on X ships. Leave that to Princess.

We were on Seabourn cruise in Alaska last year. We were in Icy Straight Point where it was a beautiful and peaceful day. Then came the X ship,( Mille or Infinity) We could hear the movie all day over the scenic bay. That was one time I was so glad to be on Seabourn and not X.

We have been in cabin 1122 and I had to call and complain about the movie noise as did the cabin next to us.

I am not a fan of outdoor movies on X ships. Leave that to Princess.

We were on Seabourn cruise in Alaska last year. We were in Icy Straight Point where it was a beautiful and peaceful day. Then came the X ship,( Mille or Infinity) We could hear the movie all day over the scenic bay. That was one time I was so glad to be on Seabourn and not X.

We have done about a half dozen cruises in the aft-facing cabins on Deck 11 (Infinity, Constellation, Summit), but after our recent Summit cruise will do no more. There was no noticeable movie noise inside the cabins, but out on the balcony (the main reason for choosing these cabins) the movie audio came through loud and clear. It was especially annoying when it was an action/adventure film, with an almost continuous roar of explosions, gunfire and crash noises. Even with headphones, I was unable to enjoy my own music out on the balcony. Plus, entertainers would often appear at the Sunset Bar (Deck 10), and set up speakers, facing upwards, at the railing. Not unpleasant for the most part, but definitely prevented me from listening to my own music.

I did, however, enjoy the one late-night, quiet movie I watched from Deck 12.

We sailed Aqua , 2nd cabin from the back and only heard movies while on the balcony. I would not like an action movie. The balconies near the ends are quite small so we could not have a stool. Also often heard the door the door to the aft slamming.