Ship Services Response Time??

Mimiya11

I spoke with Ship Services this morning to arrange a Cabana and was told by the customer service rep that he would send a confirmation by email of the transaction (had to pay up front).

So.....having never dealt with HA before, is not receiving the email by now (9 hours later) usual?

We do our best to avoid dealing directly with HAL's customer service folks. But I am sure there will be plenty of cheerleaders here who will defend their lack of a confirmation. In your position we would wait until mid-day tomorrow and if you still have nothing in writing...give them a call....wait on hold for a long time...and when you finally get a human explain your situation. Best of luck.

Hank

We do our best to avoid dealing directly with HAL's customer service folks. But I am sure there will be plenty of cheerleaders here who will defend their lack of a confirmation. In your position we would wait until mid-day tomorrow and if you still have nothing in writing...give them a call....wait on hold for a long time...and when you finally get a human explain your situation. Best of luck.

Hank

I hear you. And thanks Usually I wouldn't have contacted them on the phone but was told to book the cabana by phone. MMM

I received my confirmation within an hour. The subject line was: Gift Order CONFIRMATION-ABC123 where ABC123 is our booking number.

They confirmed an aft facing cabana. I had to write to the ship's coordinator to get the specific cabana confirmed. I gave them four choices and received my first choice.

Full text of the confirmation, with the name changed to protect the innocent.

Thank you for your recent purchase of Aft facing Retreat Cabana for 10 days for the POA1 Party on the ms Zuiderdam sailing on December 16th, 2018. Your credit card ending in 5678 has been charged a total of $499.00 for these items.

Gifts will be delivered to the stateroom on embarkation day. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do to assist you.

====

If you are on a 7 day sailing, it's good to give them a few choices. There could be someone on a back to back cruise the week before you, continuing during your week. They're not going to make that party move for you.

Hank

You can ONLY book a ship cabana through Ship's Services...there is no other way prior to boarding the ship.

We have had no problem booking through Ship's Services. One or two days is not outrageous.

Incredible, as suggested I found out the name of the Ship's Coordinator and just sent her an email. She responded almost immediately with an apology (they had email issues) and confirmation. Now that's customer service!

Incredible, as suggested I found out the name of the Ship's Coordinator and just sent her an email. She responded almost immediately with an apology (they had email issues) and confirmation. Now that's customer service!

Fantastic!! That was a great suggestion. :)

Call Ship's Services and tell them which ship and sailing you're on.

Thanks. Had tried searching/Googling online - never thought of something so straight forward as calling!

I don't need anything right now - was just looking to add it to my future reference file.

Great!!

Glad it all is straightened out and you have your e-mail confirmation.