Summer 2015 Cruises QOTS

js17

From what I see it looks like Quantum will do an 8 night Caribbean cruise, and probably the 7 night Bahamas and Florida cruise. To keep Quantum on a regular weekly schedule that might mean it will do a 6nt cruise after/before the 8nt cruise. I think Quantum might do a 6nt Bermuda cruise, which could have guests in Bermuda for 2 or maybe even 3 days.(come in late the first day leave the afternoon of the third) I would love to do that cruise, but hey that's just my speculation. Anyone have anymore info on summer cruises for 2015?

From what I see it looks like Quantum will do an 8 night Caribbean cruise, and probably the 7 night Bahamas and Florida cruise. To keep Quantum on a regular weekly schedule that might mean it will do a 6nt cruise after/before the 8nt cruise. I think Quantum might do a 6nt Bermuda cruise, which could have guests in Bermuda for 2 or maybe even 3 days.(come in late the first day leave the afternoon of the third) I would love to do that cruise, but hey that's just my speculation. Anyone have anymore info on summer cruises for 2015?

If release dates are done as they have been in the pasts.....the 2015-2016 Deployment Schedule will be available sometime mid to late March of 2014.

Ships do not have to be on a weekly schedule as itineraries can be any length meaning embarkation/debarkation can be any day of the week.

Edited by cruisenfever

The rumor is that beginning in May 2015, Quantum will do the same exact itineraries as the Explorer of the Seas has been doing for the past Summers. It alternates between 5 day Bermuda cruises (2 days in port)and 9 day Caribbean cruises which has one day in Bermuda and I believe stops in St. Maarten, Labadee and San Juan.

The rumor is that beginning in May 2015, Quantum will do the same exact itineraries as the Explorer of the Seas has been doing for the past Summers. It alternates between 5 day Bermuda cruises (2 days in port)and 9 day Caribbean cruises which has one day in Bermuda and I believe stops in St. Maarten, Labadee and San Juan.

That's the rumor I've heard, too. The St. Maarten dock schedule lists Qos coming in every 14 days at the exact times and location as the Eos was, which seems to support the rumor. I'm dying to book the Bermuda cruise for May 2015... So wish I didn't have to possibly wait another 9+ months to do it.

I am extremely eager to see the summer 2015 itinerary for the Quantum! I am ready to go to Bermuda any day, hoping I can go on Breakaway summer of 2014 for 3 nights and then take the 9 night Quantum if it follows the same perfect schedule Explorer has right now!!!

Whatever she goes, there will definitely be stops in Bermuda! :cool:

I hope she has the 9 day in August. I would like to do that instead of the 7 day Bahamas we have been doing for the last few cruises. But I'll take what I can get.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Forums mobile app

The 9 day is fabulous! We've sailed that itinerary 5 times on Explorer.

I hope Bermuda or Alaska comes up in the near future, sorry, but we're just sick of the caribbean (even though we are going on the Oasis next year:rolleyes:)

I am extremely eager to see the summer 2015 itinerary for the Quantum! I am ready to go to Bermuda any day, hoping I can go on Breakaway summer of 2014 for 3 nights and then take the 9 night Quantum if it follows the same perfect schedule Explorer has right now!!!

Whatever she goes, there will definitely be stops in Bermuda! :cool:

I am very anxious for the Summer 2015 itineraries too. Right now we are booked on QOS for Dec 2014 8 night Bahamas but would much rather go in June 2015 after DD graduates college. If there's a 5 night Bermuda and 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean, maybe book B2B. We have never done that, would be so much fun to relax on a longer cruise. ;)

I am very anxious for the Summer 2015 itineraries too. Right now we are booked on QOS for Dec 2014 8 night Bahamas but would much rather go in June 2015 after DD graduates college. If there's a 5 night Bermuda and 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean, maybe book B2B. We have never done that, would be so much fun to relax on a longer cruise. ;)
With the latest news about the upgrade at Cape Liberty, I think it confirms that Quantum will be with us for the Summer of 2015 and beyond that.:D;)

I'm thinking about changing my booking too for the Summer of 2015 and I hope Royal does not let us wait until March or April 2014 to book.:)

With the latest news about the upgrade at Cape Liberty, I think it confirms that Quantum will be with us for the Summer of 2015 and beyond that.:D;)

I'm thinking about changing my booking too for the Summer of 2015 and I hope Royal does not let us wait until March or April 2014 to book.:)

I think your right, and that she will be in NJ for a long time. Thinking about it, why else would RCCL put that much money into renovating the Bayonne Port if it were to be used for a short time. I'm also looking forward to a 2015 cruise to Bermuda on the QOS.:D

I think your right, and that she will be in NJ for a long time. Thinking about it, why else would RCCL put that much money into renovating the Bayonne Port if it were to be used for a short time. I'm also looking forward to a 2015 cruise to Bermuda on the QOS.:D

I hope she is not their for a long time. Hopefully Royal Caribbean learned from the Explorer complaints and this time they'll swap the three Quantum sisters every few years. The ship is designed for sailing from NJ but it's the fact that the shows don't change that people complain about more than the ship being the same.

That would be extremely disappointing. Much prefer the current mix of cruises including a 12 day. Five day Bermuda cruise is a waste of time particularly if you are there with Summit and Breakaway. There had to be 2000 people and 1000 Pepsi umbrellas at Horseshoe Bay in June. And how many times can one do the same 9-day cruise with 4 hours in San Juan?

That would be extremely disappointing. Much prefer the current mix of cruises including a 12 day. Five day Bermuda cruise is a waste of time particularly if you are there with Summit and Breakaway. There had to be 2000 people and 1000 Pepsi umbrellas at Horseshoe Bay in June. And how many times can one do the same 9-day cruise with 4 hours in San Juan?

I guess you will be disappointed. For the past 4 Summer cruise season the EXOS did the 5/9 day schedule which has been successful. The Summit has always docked with a NCL product vessel, Dawn, Gem (2010-2012) and now the Breakaway on a Wed-Friday at the Dockyard in Bermuda. The EXOS always was solo at the Dockyard on Saturdays (9 Day Voyage) and on (Mon & Tuesday) 5 day voyage. The QOS will commence her Bermuda 5 Day schedule on 5/2/15 which will be followed by her 9 Day schedule until Mid-August 2015.

Don't understand dates you posted. 5-day Bermuda starts 5/2/15 and 9-day until mid August 2015. Do you mean 9-day starting mid August 2015. I am really more interested in Winter cruises from Bayonne. Booked on 9-day Quantum in Feb 2015. Wanted to do the other two 12-day cruises in subsequent years. Also hope that Celebrity will put a Solstice class ship back in Bayonne. Got a fantastic deal on 7-day Summit to Bermuda last June and will do it every year if I get a similar deal. Been to Bermuda twice but for me it's just the cruise. Bermuda is nice but now that Breakaway has ruined Horseshoe Bay, I guess I have to find another beach. Probably stay on the ship for 2 of 3 days. Just hoping I can find enough cruises out of NY/NJ so I don't have to fly anymore.

Don't understand dates you posted. 5-day Bermuda starts 5/2/15 and 9-day until mid August 2015. Do you mean 9-day starting mid August 2015. I am really more interested in Winter cruises from Bayonne. Booked on 9-day Quantum in Feb 2015. Wanted to do the other two 12-day cruises in subsequent years. Also hope that Celebrity will put a Solstice class ship back in Bayonne. Got a fantastic deal on 7-day Summit to Bermuda last June and will do it every year if I get a similar deal. Been to Bermuda twice but for me it's just the cruise. Bermuda is nice but now that Breakaway has ruined Horseshoe Bay, I guess I have to find another beach. Probably stay on the ship for 2 of 3 days. Just hoping I can find enough cruises out of NY/NJ so I don't have to fly anymore.

Why did Breakaway spoil Horseshoe Bay?

The 5 day Bermuda voyage starts on 5/2/15 followed by the 9 Day Bermuda/Caribbean voyage, followed by the 5 Day. The 5/9 rotation until Mid-August 2015. We have been cruising to Bermuda yearly since 1992. How did the Breakaway ruin Horseshoe Bay ????

Crowds ??? There are other beaches and attractions that are worth visiting in addition to Horseshoe Bay.

Why did Breakaway spoil Horseshoe Bay?

I went to Bermuda in 1997 and thought Horseshoe Bay was the most beautiful beach I have every seen. In those days only smaller ships called in Bermuda. Went to Horseshoe Bay in June. Could not see the sand. There had to be 2000 people and 1000 Pepsi umbrellas on the beach. We stayed about half hour and left. Umbrella rental is $12 and my guess is they get them for free since they advertise pepsi. Chair is also $12. You know where they can shove these!

Breakaway carries over 4000 passengers and half of them wound up at Horseshoe Bay. Problem is they do the identical itinerary as Summit. Both leave on Sunday, arrive on Wednesday and leave on Friday. Since Thursday is the only full day in Port, I guess everyone goes to Horseshoe Bay on that day. Would be a lot better if one ship would leave on Saturday, arrive on Monday and leave on Wednesday - only one day overlap.

Please excuse me for trying to be logical and do what is best for the passengers!

The 5 day Bermuda voyage starts on 5/2/15 followed by the 9 Day Bermuda/Caribbean voyage, followed by the 5 Day. The 5/9 rotation until Mid-August 2015. We have been cruising to Bermuda yearly since 1992. How did the Breakaway ruin Horseshoe Bay ????

Crowds ??? There are other beaches and attractions that are worth visiting in addition to Horseshoe Bay.

See my post above. As I said, I need to find another beach.

It would be great if the first sailing in May is a 5 night Bermuda sailing as I want to do a B2B with my current Apr 25th booking.

Your wish may very well come true :)

To everyone who has done a B2B, how is it? I mean isn't that really expensive?!

I think that's a rather difficult question to answer as it's very situational. I've never understood doing a B2B as it always seemed expensive but we are doing our first with the 11/23 and 12/1 sailings and the main reason, it was cheaper. If your looking for a single cruise (as I always was) then 2 are obviously more expensive, but if your planning to take 2 it could be cheaper. It costs about $450 round trip for us to get a driver to take us to Cape Liberty. If we do a B2B that costs $450, while the same 2 sailings separated would cost us $900 so it's cheaper. That still wasn't a very good reason to book a B2B for us though. We went into things this time knowing that we wanted the inaugural and the southern caribbean route. Since RCCL didn't help us out and make them one sailing we knew we would be doing 2. We decided to book based on price, the other SC 12 night routes were $658 and $1,128 more and you only gained 1 more day. So they were clearly not a feasible option for us.

So there are obviously the air, hotel, and transit costs that can make a B2B cheaper. There are also the actual sailing prices that can have an impact. Most importantly though you have to decide a dollar amount for what is worth saving to make a single vacation vs 2 a more worthwhile experience. IMO 2 vacations are always better than 1 but as I said above it just was not feasible to do them as separate sailings in this case. Hopefully I'll enjoy it, I sail for the onboard entertainment and having it repeated so quickly may impact my enjoyment the second sailing.