Distinctive Voyage - Using $50.00 per port excursion credit

Red-Sol

Hi Folks,

Here's my situation and I need help understanding if my logic/assumptions are correct.

We are booked on Escape 14 day cruise January 20th 2019. At the time we booked it was considered a "Distinctive Voyage" cruise and one of the perks of that is a $50.00 per cabin per port shore excursion credit. Current itinerary is scheduled for going to 8 ports So theoretically if we booked 8 excursions we should get a total of $400.00 applied as onboard credit. It is my understanding that those credits will not show until after we have actually taken the excursions.

Normally when we cruise we like to pay in advance as much as possible so we don't have a lot of charges at the end of the cruise. This includes paying the DSC in advance as well. (For 2 people for 14 days that comes to just under $400.00)

Having a $400.00 shore excursion credit applied to our account would actually be difficult for us to spend. So my question is this....If we didn't pay the DSC in advance could the amounts of OBC we received from those shore excursions be used to pay for the DSC charges that accrue daily?

TIA!

It’s $50 per cabin per port. It can be combined with the Free at Sea promotion to be $100 per port per cabin.

The T&Cs instructions are shown below. On the past, they limited the number of ports. I don’t see that in the current T&Cs. Worth a call and question to the number below.

The credit is applied to your on board account after you complete the excursion. Most people book without paying, and pay at the end of the cruise (less the credit).

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

It’s $50 per cabin per port. It can be combined with the Free at Sea promotion to be $100 per port per cabin.

The T&Cs instructions are shown below. On the past, they limited the number of ports. I don’t see that in the current T&Cs. Worth a call and question to the number below.

The credit is applied to your on board account after you complete the excursion. Most people book without paying, and pay at the end of the cruise (less the credit).

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

And this is where my confusion comes from. The 2 sections in blue above somehow to my feeble mind seem contradictory On the one hand you have this:

Seems straightforward enough in that there are only 2 ways to redeem credit

But the next section:

Makes it sound as if there is a 3rd way and theoretically that money does go to OBC. And would happen automatically without any need to call or book onboard.

the shore excursions on board credit is non-refundable on board credit. Usually this type of on board credit can not be used for DSC

Now if that is the case it will end my confusion! There would definitely not be a need to try and offset and I will not book online ahead of time...just call Shorex when ready.

I have free at sea as well. When I called they said 50 dollars per cabin pet port after the trip has been completed?? I booked online.