Several overnights in same ports

gptraveler

I know this topic was addressed in 2011 but there are probably changes to itineraries so I'm asking for updated info.

My husband does not like sea days. He also doesn't like a new port every day. Yeah, he's a tough one. He did enjoy a couple of cruises to Bermuda because he had 3 nights in port and only "suffered" 4 days.

Are there any other cruises that spend a couple of nights in the same port, ideally 3 nights or more?

Increasing the challenge, he has no interest in European cruising.

:rolleyes:

Does Asia increase the challenge?

A number of cruises involve overnites in several places, including Japan, Hong Kong, Vietnam (Saigon & Halong Bay, sometimes more), Bangkok, Bali (& sometimes elsewhere in Indonesia), Singapore.

Ditto South America. Frequently overnites in Rio, Buenos Aires, Amazon ports, and I think west coast too.

JB :)

I know this topic was addressed in 2011 but there are probably changes to itineraries so I'm asking for updated info.

My husband does not like sea days. He also doesn't like a new port every day. Yeah, he's a tough one. He did enjoy a couple of cruises to Bermuda because he had 3 nights in port and only "suffered" 4 days.

Are there any other cruises that spend a couple of nights in the same port, ideally 3 nights or more?

Increasing the challenge, he has no interest in European cruising.

:rolleyes:

Don't cruise. Fly to your destination area and rent a car. Then you can spend as much time as you wish in the cities of your choice.

DON

Does Asia increase the challenge?

A number of cruises involve overnites in several places, including Japan, Hong Kong, Vietnam (Saigon & Halong Bay, sometimes more), Bangkok, Bali (& sometimes elsewhere in Indonesia), Singapore.

Ditto South America. Frequently overnites in Rio, Buenos Aires, Amazon ports, and I think west coast too.

JB :)

These are just one night stops, while the OP was asking for 3 nights or more. I can't think of any cruise line that stays in a port for more than two nights, and even that is quite rare. Most cruisers want to visit as many ports as possible, not stay in one for multiple days. I agree with others that a land vacation would be the best solution for extended stays in a few places.

Sometimes trying to put a round block into a square hole just does not yield a great result....other than frustration. It sure sounds like the OP has a husband that would rather be doing something other then cruising. Taking cruises is not for everyone and some just never do like the experience. Perhaps the OP needs to acknowledge the reality and look at taking some land based trips. We have been big time cruises (far more then 100 cruises) for over thirty-five years...but also love our land trips. Flying to a city in Europe and renting a car for a few weeks is a lot of fun and allows us to do many things (and see places) that cannot possibly be done on a ship. Cruising New Zealand (have done it twice) is fantastic....but spending 2 weeks driving all over South Island blew away our cruise experiences (in NZ).

Hank

The whole point of a cruise ship is to hit multiple ports for quick visits. Find another person the cruise with since your husband is clearly not a cruiser.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I disagree and think that varies by each individual taste. One of our favorite itineraries - which we have done several times - is the Bermuda cruise with the 3 days / 2 nights in port. The rest as sea days is a nice balance for us. Reposition and trans-Atlantic cruises also would challenge that concept, yet they are very popular and enjoyable to many. That said, we also enjoy multiple ports of call with a day or two at sea, depending on itinerary. But I think a blanket statement such as you make defining the "whole point of cruising" is not accurate for all.

Sometimes trying to put a round block into a square hole just does not yield a great result....other than frustration. It sure sounds like the OP has a husband that would rather be doing something other then cruising. Taking cruises is not for everyone and some just never do like the experience. Perhaps the OP needs to acknowledge the reality and look at taking some land based trips. We have been big time cruises (far more then 100 cruises) for over thirty-five years...but also love our land trips. Flying to a city in Europe and renting a car for a few weeks is a lot of fun and allows us to do many things (and see places) that cannot possibly be done on a ship. Cruising New Zealand (have done it twice) is fantastic....but spending 2 weeks driving all over South Island blew away our cruise experiences (in NZ).

Hank

+1. We are going to take a 12 day cruise in New Zealand. However, we are going to spend a total of about 30 days in New Zealand.

DON